Not able to upgrade from v1.7.2.5 to v1.7.3

My hosted Prestashop, does not allow me to upgrade from v1.7.2.5 to stable v1.7.3

As it throws an error on upgrading

PrestaShop Original version:
Error: Unable to check md5 files

Does anybody else have the same problem. Or better still is there a fix.

Gray, this is because Prestashop has not updated its installation files, so when you upgrade the program uploads the compressed file to your store and then uncompresses and installs.

It simply fails because it sets the permissions incorrectly on folders and files. Go to admin/autoupgrade folder and set any folders that are not 775 to 775 and any files that are not 644 to 644 (I think from memory a few files are 666, so change those).

And it should install fine. Why PS has not corrected this oversight (since 2016) is beyond me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As my PS is on a hosted service, I have now checked the cpanel error logs.

The error logs say they are not able find the correct admin directory to Prestashop.

The admin directory that originally everything was installed into, has an '&' in it. Say for arguments sake the directory is admin1234&5678 .

The error seems to be that either Prestashop or hosting service, says it cannot find directory admin1234

Any body have similar problems and solved them (apart from install 1.7.5 as new).

Edited by gray (see edit history)