compare modified core PHP and TPL files with the originals

Tropical Dream

Hi I have modified core .PHP and .TPL files in Prestashop 1.2.4 and would like now to upgrade to 1.3.1. The problem is that I don't remember which core files I modified. I've tried to manually compare the differences file by file using TextWrangler (a text file comparison tool) but it's almost impossible, there are too many of them.

Is there a software or program that could help me compare all my modified PHP and TPL files with the originals and tell me directly where are the differences?

@MrBaseball34

I confirm that the folder comparing of WinMerge compares the lots of things of files in the folder (and subfolder if it is checked). I live long with it =)

@Tropical Dream

I also modify the countless files of PrestaShop script. I usually follow the SVN to do the updating work, which is quite time-consuming. Anyway I do this dirty work and test it at localhost for several days, before uploading it to the production site.

What I have done is created a versioning system using one called FreeVCS.
http://jedivcs.sourceforge.net/

It is a simple versioning tool that you can install locally and use with mySQL.

I used it before when I was a Delphi developer and it works for me to do versioning on my web stuff, too.
Any changes I make get versioned in before uploading to production server.

I have a UNIX background so I prefer a command line. On Windows I have installed Cygwin. Then I use "diff -r" to compare directories recursively. My favourite editor, Vim, has an option -d so it is easy to compare and edit files with differences.

/Kjeld