Error in PayPal

Ricky

Hi,

I'm trying to add PayPal payments in a demo store using the PayPal module, but until now without success.

I installed and configured the module without any problems, but every time i try to proceed with a payment this error is displayed to the user:

Error in PayPal

Error connecting to https://api-3t.paypal.com/2.0

Tested the module in sandbox and production environments, and the error persists.

Using Prestashop v1.7.3 and PayPal & Braintree Official Module v3.11.6.

What am i doing wrong?

@NAIDENMEN - Parece que la extensión SOAP no está funcionando en su servidor, o un firewall está bloqueando el servicio.

Verifique y solucione el problema del servidor con su proveedor.

12 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

Seems that SOAP extension is not working on your server, or a firewall is blocking the service.

Check and fix the server problem with your provider.

@selectshop.at, my hosting provider informed me that the SOAP extension is active and the firewall ins't blocking any connections.

Are there any other extensions that i might need in order for this module to work? How can i access Prestashop (or the module) debug log information, so that i can get more information about this error?

Besides the page error i get the following information in the url: /index.php?error_msg=Error+connecting+to+https%3A%2F%2Fapi-3t.paypal.com%2F2.0&fc=module&module=paypal&controller=error

Looking forward for your feedback.

For me it's an error of your server configuration (firewall or wrong port (of proxy)), but you can try to contact Paypal support as well. The error you are having is saying that there is a problem with your SOAP extension.

<SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Method not implemented</faultstring></SOAP-ENV:Fault>

BTW, which Paypal Module are you using ? Name and version, please.

Check also, if folder /module and all sub-folders contained in there on your FTP have enough write and read permissions (not more than chmod 0755, it should be 0750 or 0755)

• 3 months later...

Hi

i also have the same issue :(:(

how to fix it? 

Hi

i have migrated my shop to another server and did an upgrade to Paypal Module for Prestashop 1.7.3.3 , the paypal module is 4.4.1 version.

When i do a checkout and select PAypal as payment it does do nothing the button to complete the order...

when i select the Credit Card version for terminate order it gives the error "Error connecting to https://api-3t.paypal.com/2.0"

i supposed that the 1st option to go with paypal does not work because of any error, because the credit card option it's associated with paypal too.. and gives that error..

I already uninstalled the module and installed again but no success...

my online store is https://pleasuresheaven.com

can anybody help?

thanks

Tags (3)

• 1 month later...

Hi

yes... :) it's working

it was the module developer that helped me . 

after 2 weeks after i investigate all internet :)

download the cacert.pem file from your server, stored it in my server (you can ask your hosting) and then, in module files add the CA location in the cURL option settings manually.

In paypal / sdk / paypalREST / vendor / paypal / rest-api-sdk-php / lib / PayPal / Core / PayPalHttpConfig.php and paypal / sdk / paypalNVP / vendor / paypal / sdk-core-php / lib / PayPal / Core /PPHttpConfig.php in declaration of $ defaultCurlOptions add this option:
CURLOPT_CAINFO => 'C: location_of_his_certificate cacert.pem',

Hello @nbexiga

Thanks for your fast reply..

I tried as you suggested with no success :(

The hosting company gave me a path to the cacert.pem file

and the I set this path in the following files

modules/paypal/sdk/paypalNVP/vendor/paypal/sdk-core-php/lib/PayPal/Core/PPHttpConnection.php

modules/paypal/sdk/paypalREST/vendor/paypal/rest-api-sdk-php/lib/PayPal/Core/PayPalHttpConnection.php

in the following section

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CAINFO,'New Path To The File');

is there any missing step?

Thank you

On 3.03.2018 at 11:11 PM, Ricky said:

Hi,

I'm trying to add PayPal payments in a demo store using the PayPal module, but until now without success.

I installed and configured the module without any problems, but every time i try to proceed with a payment this error is displayed to the user:

Error in PayPal

Error connecting to https://api-3t.paypal.com/2.0

Tested the module in sandbox and production environments, and the error persists.

Using Prestashop v1.7.3 and PayPal & Braintree Official Module v3.11.6.

What am i doing wrong?

I had a similar problem caused by a large number of transactions

• 2 weeks later...