Problem prestashop upgrade

Hi,

I suspect you have two different versions of the PS1.6 version 1 click upgrade module and will need updating via the modules page or manually.

Don't install/use the PS1.7 version 1 click upgrade module (3.0.4) via addons store it is not compatible with PS1.6 and will crash your website.

Option showing 1.6.1.17 to PS1.7.2.0 is a beta version (1.6.7) 1 click upgrade  (Don't use this it is faulty and will cause problems with further upgrades etc once in PS1.7 environment)

Option showing 1.6.1.17 to 1.6.1.18 is showing correct option available using a current release module or older then above beta module of 1 click upgrade. 

Sadly it is not possible to successfully upgrade from PS1.6 to PS1.7  via 1 click upgrade at the moment.

If keen to test PS1.7 with your data it is possible via third party modules or database export and import.... requires a lot of effort and understanding of database (not a simple export/import). Some very good articles and tools on here if interested in trying.

Suggest waiting til end of life PS1.6 (only a few more months) then hopefully upgrade via a newly released 1 click upgrade module (fingers crossed) and if all else fails and your keen to stay with Prestashop do a clean install of latest version, start again from scratch and manually import old data/images.

3 hours ago, ben18285 said:

Very wise decision. I am still regretting every single day that I took the step to move on to 1.7

I have two sites one is on presta 1.6 and other on 1.7 site on version. Its the same product in booth sites, and on 1.6 indexing on google is perfect but on 1.7 is the second page on google. So 1.6 is the boss :)

This is my experience!