Whois lookup module

What do you want exactly ? You want to know the domain name of your customer ?
Or you want an input where you past an IP and it return domain name ?

I'd like use Prestashop for hosting company, where customer can check domain availability and buy hosting plan. Can you help me?

Ok so... all you need is a module that can check domain availability, or you also need this module register domain choosen by customer ?

Tell us more about your specification details :
- what do you want to see in FO ?
- where ?
- does it need administration control ?

And then, maybe i could help you ;-)

Yes, I would like also this module register domain choosen by customer.

In FO I would like module is on header or on central block.

• 1 year later...

Use WHMCS. Prestashop cannot compete with that (nor can any other cart) when it comes to hosting solutions. If you find a module that does whois lookups, then you will need to make a module that does provisioning in cpanel. Then something for re-occuring billing, then something for support requests. Just use WHMCS it is made for hosting.

• Like 1

Yes, but it is a better system. Say you find a whois module for prestashop. You are still going to need a module that will interact with the api of what ever registrar you choose to use, so people can actually register domain names.

Then you will need something to handle the billing, Prestashop does not do reoccuring billing. Are you really wanting to sit down everynight and hand send every invoice? Because you cannot do pro-rated billing in prestashop either, your invoices will come due at random times.

Prestashop is good, I use it, but it is not good for what you are trying to do. You are trying to hammer a nail with a screwdriver.

What host do you currently use? I have a mixed prestashop/whmcs installation that I use with one of my customers. I only pay 11.50 a month for WHMCS for a leased white label license.

Your missing the point with that module. I can whip you something up that will check domain names relatively easy. It is the interacting with the registrars api that becomes the problem. What registrar are you planning on using? There are a couple hundred last time I checked. They all charge an api fee too, so that part is not free either. Some of the bigger ones charge a couple hundred bucks

http://www.enom.com/instant-reseller/default.aspx

http://www.resellerclub.com/pricing

• 5 years later...

Yep, quality services can be rather expensive. My job is such that I need to check hundreds of .de whois data every day. Eventually, I calculated that it'll be cheaper for me if I buy the whole  whois database from here https://alldomainsdb.com/buy/whois-database-for-de-domains/. Gave €4,000, integrated the database into my own platform and saved myself a lot of headache...