Update from 1.7.2.5 to 1.7.3.0 error

schvarzy

Hello,

I am upgrading prestashop with the 1 click upgrade and at the end I get the following error:

All files upgraded. Now upgrading database...
[Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

Any idea why and how I can fix it?

Thanks for any feedback

Frederic

• Like 1

I updated one click upgrade to 3.04 and thought this would solve the problem but after running the prestashop upgrade from 1.7.2.5 to 1.7.3 I still get the same error code.  Anyone could have any idea on this?

[Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

Thanks!

Frederic

• Like 1

I had the same error and tried everything without success but at the end managed to update by activating the prestashop default thema instead of my own tema. After the update was made I switched back to my own thema. Of course I made a backup first of my Prestahop folder and database in case.

Try to update activating the default thema first ( if you are using another thema ), it worked for me.

• Like 1

Old searches said low server memory caused the jqXHR problem. Having allocated 2gb to Prestashop I can deny that.

Next, people said it was a Unix Permissions issue. Setting correct file/folder (644/755) permissions on the entire PS directory also did not help.

If it turns out that the issue is solved simply by changing themes I will be happy, as I can finally update from 1.7.2.3 (autoupgrade breaks every version now). But I will roll my eyes again at how buggy this version of PS is... 1.7 has been a nightmare with me chasing up bugs. Calling 1.7 anywhere close to a Stable / Release version is a nice joke.

• Like 1

I tried changing to the default theme but it didn't work for me! Same error as all the other posts here.

Lukily I made a full backup on my server because the rollback function also didn't work! 1 click upgrade sucks again, like always :(

It's time that Prestashop steps in here and provides a solution that actually works since it's not just an exceptional incident

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daffuzz said:

I had the same problem, but I don't fix it, just let it run, turn on all modules and all works fine.

So I understand you didn't let the upgrade module update the database in the final stage?

1- update all module to latest version.

2- switch theme to classic.

3- go to advanced performance > performance > clear cache.

4- run 1-click upgrade.

After done upgrade, remember to switch back to your own theme and clear cache again.

Above step is work for me.

Above steps don't work for me. I still get

The error occours by updating live page (1.7.2.4 -> 1.7.3.0 by 1 Click upgrade 3.04) and by updating a site copy on local server too. There is no other template installed than the standard classic theme, so I can't switch.

Any  idea?

First make sure must manual make your own backup database and whole folder of your live shop.

Try fresh install 1.7.2.4 version at your own localhost pc, when everything complete install, go to theme folder, copy that original "classic" folder and paste it to your live page where your location of "theme" folder inside got "classic" folder, just replace it.

Then retry again to upgrade your shop to latest 1.7.3.0 by 1-click upgrade.

• Thanks 1

I got the same error as well at first but after activating the default theme and then you need to set the UPGRADE SETTINGS to change to default theme . all was going well it went through with the database upgrade but then it stopped at some module. what else can be done here ?

image.png.3c7477e2952ce4e8b8e34a102762c745.png

the upgrade likely took too long and the process timed out.  you need to investigate with your hosting provider and determine if your servers configuration is able to execute long running processes. 

This is the number 1 cause of failure

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with bellini13.

Usually common problem is execute on server site not enough long running process. Try on your own localhost PC as server, it will solve your problem if you set your localhost php or apache execute time correctly.

If you using hosting provider, please contact them to change the number of execute time for more longer time.

Same problem here. Been looking online for people's suggestions and trying them with no luck.

I mean if everyone is getting this error, then it can't be a server issue. We are not all hosting on the same server.

This is actually putting me off, and I'm now considering a different shopping cart solution. researching now for an alternative. 

All these errors, precautions you need to take before you update, and it keeps failing is very frustrating.

I've spent time and money on modules, theme etc, and can't run a simple update? I hope they fix it soon, but from what I can see these problems are not going away. People have had them for ages. I cannot believe they do not mention how buggy a system is, in reviews.

its actually a very simple issue to resolve, and you can work directly with your hosting provider to...

1) confirm that the process is taking longer than your servers configuration allows

2) change your servers configuration to allow the process to run longer.  A decent hosting provider will allow you to change your max_execution_time (php setting).  If you are using nginx as a webserver/proxy to apache, then there are additional configurations required

• 3 weeks later...
On 1-4-2018 at 2:56 PM, bellini13 said:

the upgrade likely took too long and the process timed out.  you need to investigate with your hosting provider and determine if your servers configuration is able to execute long running processes. 

This is the number 1 cause of failure

Hi Bellini13,

You are right! That was the problem. Even though the max_execution_time was ok according to the 1-click upgrade module it in fact was set at only 30sec. in the PHP.ini file on the server. After contacting my hosting provider I let them set it to 10 minutes and the whole upgrade went perfect. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2018 at 8:27 PM, walter.w said:

Hi Bellini13,

You are right! That was the problem. Even though the max_execution_time was ok according to the 1-click upgrade module it in fact was set at only 30sec. in the PHP.ini file on the server. After contacting my hosting provider I let them set it to 10 minutes and the whole upgrade went perfect. Thanks!

None of the steps outlined above in this thread  and equally none of the suggested solutions above worked for me.  I still get the same error and still unable to upgrade from 1.7.2.4 to the latest version.

Any suggestions?

Edited by alsharif (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 1:34 PM, alsharif said:

None of the steps outlined above in this thread  and equally none of the suggested solutions above worked for me.  I still get the same error and still unable to upgrade from 1.7.2.4 to the latest version.

Any suggestions?

and your error is what exactly?  At what part does it fail?  did you check your servers error logs for more information?  Did you contact your hosting provider for support?

Hey ultracom, thanks for your useful hint! So much trys to update, today I got it!

Meanwhile I updated to 1-Click-Upgrade 3.0.5 and did the updates of some modules which were released in the last weeks. But this did not solve the Error " jqXHR: " " . The error appeared every time after the file copy process when the database upgrade shouldbe started.

The server error log lookd every time like this: "[Wed Mar 14 22:34:14.198531 2018] [ssl:warn] [pid 6148:tid 160] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Mar 14 22:34:14.501549 2018] [ssl:warn] [pid 6148:tid 160] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Mar 14 22:34:14.601554 2018] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 6148:tid 160] AH00455: Apache/2.4.29 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.2n PHP/5.6.33 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Wed Mar 14 22:34:14.601554 2018] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 6148:tid 160] AH00456: Apache Lounge VC11 Server built: Nov  6 2017 10:38:49
[Wed Mar 14 22:34:14.601554 2018] [core:notice] [pid 6148:tid 160] AH00094: Command line: 'c:\\xampp\\apache\\bin\\httpd.exe -d C:/xampp/apache'
[Wed Mar 14 22:34:14.608555 2018] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 6148:tid 160] AH00418: Parent: Created child process 3436
[Wed Mar 14 22:34:15.894628 2018] [ssl:warn] [pid 3436:tid 172] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Mar 14 22:34:16.213646 2018] [ssl:warn] [pid 3436:tid 172] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
[Wed Mar 14 22:34:16.291651 2018] [mpm_winnt:notice] [pid 3436:tid 172] AH00354: Child: Starting 150 worker threads."

It still was the same situation like weeks before. I tried to update a completely new installation (V.1.7.2.4) at my local server to check the server settings - and the update to v. 1.7.3.3 completed properly.

On 25.3.2018 at 10:20 PM, ultracom said:

Try fresh install 1.7.2.4 version at your own localhost pc, when everything complete install, go to theme folder, copy that original "classic" folder and paste it to your live page where your location of "theme" folder inside got "classic" folder, just replace it.

Then I replaced my classic theme at my real installation by a fresh one (like ultracom said) but the error appeared again. Now I did the same again but before starting 1-Click-Upgrade I went to the theme selection menu and chose the classic theme to use again by clicking on it in the selection  area (although I have only the classic theme installed). After this I started the 1-Click-Upgrade again and it upgraded successfull to v 1.7.3.3.

With this way I could complete the upgrade at my local server (even at an old PHP version) and at my extern hosted real Prestashop too.

So 1000 thanks to ultracome, you gave me the right direction and so ended my prestashop update nightmare :-))

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting the same error trying to upgrade from 1.7.3.2 to 1.7.4

I am using 1-Click Upgrade 3.0.5

I  have a fresh Prestashop install without any other theme or files other than the ones that come out of the box. 

I have updated the max execution time from 60 to 600 sec without any change. i tried several times, the upgrade process fails almost straight away when there are 18083 files left to upgrade.

Not fun this 1.7 version

The same issue. I would agree, 1-Click upgrade module and update Prestashop is a nightmare. Trying to update 1.7.3.3 to 1.7.4.0.

[Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeFiles] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

Switching to Classical Theme does not help that time.

In httpd log:

PHP Warning:  require(/var/www/html/prestashop/config/../app/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/prestashop/config/autoload.php on line 33, referer: https://xxxxxx.com/admin8732gbddbksbafkgdalf/index.php

Edited by Kosmos
Forgot (see edit history)

I'm having the same problems.

It looks to be a problem in the 1-Click upgrade module version 3.0.5

Using the beta version (4.0.0) of the module worked for me to upgrade, but I get some inconsistent data after the upgrade (the module does not seem to recognize the version you just upgraded to.

For those who want, try this (BUT TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SITE FIRST!) :

https://github.com/PrestaShop/autoupgrade/releases/tag/v4.0.0-beta.3

don't forget to change the channel to "major"

I'm curious to hear your experiences with it

Edited by litebit (see edit history)

Hi!

Version 4.0 of 1-click upgrade, upgraded all files but database show:

Updating database schema...
13:35:50 ERROR [console] Error thrown while running command "prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign". Message: "Unknown database type bit requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it." ["exception" => Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException { …},"command" => "prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign","message" => "Unknown database type bit requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it."] []
In AbstractPlatform.php line 423:
Unknown database type bit requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform
may not support it.
prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign [-h|--help] [-q|--quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-V|--version] [--ansi] [--no-ansi] [-n|--no-interaction] [-e|--env ENV] [--no-debug] [--id_shop [ID_SHOP]] [--id_shop_group [ID_SHOP_GROUP]] [--] 

Can you help me please?

Thank you very much,

hace 1 hora, bymamo dijo:

Hi!

Version 4.0 of 1-click upgrade, upgraded all files but database show:

Updating database schema...
13:35:50 ERROR [console] Error thrown while running command "prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign". Message: "Unknown database type bit requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it." ["exception" => Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException { …},"command" => "prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign","message" => "Unknown database type bit requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform may not support it."] []
In AbstractPlatform.php line 423:
Unknown database type bit requested, Doctrine\DBAL\Platforms\MySqlPlatform
may not support it.
prestashop:schema:update-without-foreign [-h|--help] [-q|--quiet] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-V|--version] [--ansi] [--no-ansi] [-n|--no-interaction] [-e|--env ENV] [--no-debug] [--id_shop [ID_SHOP]] [--id_shop_group [ID_SHOP_GROUP]] [--] 

Can you help me please?

Thank you very much,

I saw "https://github.com/barryvdh/laravel-ide-helper/issues/427"

with solution, but I don't know how to run it.

Thanks for your support.

Edited by bymamo (see edit history)

On 7/16/2018 at 11:10 PM, litebit said:

I'm having the same problems.

It looks to be a problem in the 1-Click upgrade module version 3.0.5

Using the beta version (4.0.0) of the module worked for me to upgrade, but I get some inconsistent data after the upgrade (the module does not seem to recognize the version you just upgraded to.

For those who want, try this (BUT TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR SITE FIRST!) :

https://github.com/PrestaShop/autoupgrade/releases/tag/v4.0.0-beta.3

don't forget to change the channel to "major"

I'm curious to hear your experiences with it

Facing exactly the same issue updating from 1.7.3 to 1.7.4 interrupted with errorThrown:" " jqXHR, some 18684 files left to update. I cant access frontend & BO. Implemented the changes in .htaccess files as per this article github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/9339. Still error 500 on BO and frontend. turned on debug mode reveals the following error:

Warning: require(/home/jacketis/public_html/config/../app/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jacketis/public_html/config/autoload.php on line 33

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/jacketis/public_html/config/../app/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jacketis/public_html/config/autoload.php on line 33

As suggested here, to use the latest 1 click upgrade module from Github. I cant access BO because of the error mentioned above. How to install this 1 click upgrade module. Please help

On 23/7/2018 at 10:35 AM, fahadayazansari said:

Facing exactly the same issue updating from 1.7.3 to 1.7.4 interrupted with errorThrown:" " jqXHR, some 18684 files left to update. I cant access frontend & BO. Implemented the changes in .htaccess files as per this article github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/9339. Still error 500 on BO and frontend. turned on debug mode reveals the following error:

Warning: require(/home/jacketis/public_html/config/../app/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/jacketis/public_html/config/autoload.php on line 33

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/jacketis/public_html/config/../app/autoload.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jacketis/public_html/config/autoload.php on line 33

As suggested here, to use the latest 1 click upgrade module from Github. I cant access BO because of the error mentioned above. How to install this 1 click upgrade module. Please help

Do u get any solution?

On 7/31/2018 at 11:12 AM, aixos said:

Dear Friends
Solved!!!  Yesterday I was able to update the installation from 1.7 to 1.7.4.2 with success
You have to follow the steps one by one as detailed in the spanish post

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/873841-actualización-con-1-click-upgrade-desde-17-a-1742/

regards

Thank you for outlining the steps for a successful upgrade.  Following the steps outlined, I was able to have a successful upgrade to PrestaShop 1.7.4.2.
Again, thank you  

I used 1 click upgrade 4 and managed to finish the upgrade to 1.7.4.2 but although i sue the classic theme my backoffice shows white background and everything is vertical like a word doc...

When i press on modules or somewhere else it shows alright but going to dashboard shows the same problem....
I restored to previous version .,...
This 1.7 version thought would solve problems but i start to believe is a pain in the ass ... i will avoid using for customers till the solve all these silly problems..  

Same here with the new updater, but what is worse is we can not even see the error!! Just a blank page! Our developer is does not know anymore......

What a pain! We will avoid, too, this new version because we have lost to many hours (days) already. It is impossible to work on the store.........

Hopefully someone has a solution and quick because 1.6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have now been able to upgrade from 1.7.3.2 to 1.7.4 too.

I have used the new one click update 4.1.1 and it was one the smoothest upgrades ever.

I made the upgrade with a live shop with lots of products and did not encounter any problems.

I hope the problem is solved for everyone else too.

Edited by Marko (see edit history)

Since the last upgrade i have had nothing but problems

used 1 click option

Firstly Express cache does not work, it makes pages go blank

To have shop work i also need to have debug turned on - or again i get blank pages

in back office super admin can not access orders 

This comes up access denied

tried making new super admin but again no change

On debug turned on - we get no info with the back office issue - just access denied

basically this this update the shop no longer works

frustrated as many years work now gone to waste

Right now wish i had not upgraded

www.worldofshops.co.uk 

For back office issue

No access to orders etc i found the answer

I had access denied for orders and some other places in admin

I had tried many other methods without any success.

What worked was something very easy and safe to do.

I made a new  user for admin and set as superadmin  - this gave same issues

So i made one a logistics or other user type

I then gave that admin all privileges under admin profiles.

I then logged in as that user and had access.

So basically it seems superadmin is the issue.

Making your team admin another profile type and giving that profile type all privileges resolved.

Hope this helps someone else

Regarding white pages unless debug turned on - still not resolved

If i turn off debug i have white pages

If i turn on debug - i do not get the answer and errors, i get pages working as normal.

Strange

Anyone able to assist