Hello!

I'm the new guy at the office, and the first job I got was upgrading "ye olde shop!", and a week later, I have no success whatsoever >_<

Their shop is in version 1.4.6.2, (hosted at http://www.photoboothparts.com/prestashop/ ). We were so confident in the 1-click-update that we tried it on the live version without even a single ounce of thought or remorse, and reverting that disaster took most of my first week. At the very least, we could restore that.

Now, I have a copy in my computer. I'm using Linux (never used this OS before), installed LAMP, had tons of problems installing phpmyadmin, but finally got it. I have a completely (almost) functional copy of the store. The cart is not working... but that's the least of my problems (and I read around here that it won't work in localhost for some reason)

Ok, now I try to 1-click-upgrade my copy. There is that big Configuration checklist at the backoffice that I managed to get all green (URL rewritting, Browse cache & compression, etc...). I install the 1-Click Upgrade tool, go to Tools > 1-Click Upgrade, I manage to get that other laundry list in green. 

In Backup Options I chose to keep both my files and database and my images, and in Upgrade Options I chose not to Disable non-native modules, Upgrade the default theme, Switch to the default theme -> no, upgrade the default e-mails -> no, step by step mode -> no (Tried this once, a lot of clicking for no results :S), and Display PHP errors (I tried both yes and no)

Then you click on Upgrade PrestaShop now! and it looks like everything is fine, until we get to the end and we get a laundry list of errors (mostly SQL, I think)

And the frontend doesn't work. I get an error 500 (wich I know is just a generic "PHP screwed up but I don't want to tell you why" error, but I don't know how to extract more info there. At the backend, all the products seem to be gone, and in the section Advanced Parameters -> Configuration Information there is this error:

Required parameters: Please fix the following error(s)

• Some PrestaShop files are missing from your server.
    (/override/controllers/front/index.php)

TL;DR: Upgrade with 1-click update from 1.4.6 to 1.6. - errors o'plenty, frontend Error 500, backend has no products .

I've attached a file with the errors the 1click updater shows when working on it.

Thank you in advance for all your potential help with the issue!

error updating

Edit: Found the problem for the error 500. The theme was not saved when updating, so I just copied it again and pasted it in the themes folder, and now I can navigate the website. Just... No items in any category :/

Edited by dhernandez (see edit history)