spam on forum

joseantgv

Question

As you can see if you follow the forum constantly, there are lots of SPAM threads created everyday (which are removed in few minutes, thanks to mods) and it's very annoying for those who receive a mail for each new topic.

PrestaShop team, is it impossible to put any measure?

• Like 1

27 answers to this question

Yes and i think that it is pretty bad and shameful that CMS developer is hit so hard for months and years now by spam bots. Is it so hard to add reCAPTCHA with IP range block list, in addition with everyone who make 3 topics in 30 seconds to be blocked for 2 hours automatically?

• Like 1

I think there is a lack of involvement on the part of the Prestashop team in this respect, and it is not the only point to take into account.

I do not know the cause, but it seems (personal opinion) that the official forums over the years, have stopped having interest that they had in the past.

It has always been complicated, that the Prestashop Team, to attend to these problems, but now it seems much more complicated.

If it were not for the users who participate and help the forums, would not exist the forum .  I think this should be taken into account in Prestashop, and at least solve these problems.

Just a personal opinion

Sorry for my English !
  • Like 1

Hi,

Well, the forum spams can be stopped 100%, yes 100% by adopting reCaptcha2 -or- StopForumSpam -or- IPS Spam Monitoring Service by setting certain rules. Hope that the forum Admin could do the best!

Cheers

• Like 2

Hi,

Well, the forum spams can be stopped 100%, yes 100% by adopting reCaptcha2 -or- StopForumSpam -or- IPS Spam Monitoring Service by setting certain rules. Hope that the forum Admin could do the best!

Cheers

Hello Emraan,

Thank you for the information, I've forwarded it to the dedicated team. :)

Hello Scully,
We can't simply fix this issue within a week. Why? We tweaked this forum so much that when we add a simple module, it breaks also many other elements. Note also that fixing the issues on the V4 (prestashop.com) is our main priority.

We're currently working on an upgrade of the IPB version(on a test environment) to fix several issues on the forum. I'm mostly talking about this with the moderators for now but we will obviously share the news with the community as soon as it's ready. :)

Thanks a lot for all the recent spam reports by the way.

Best,
Antoine

• Like 1

I don't know how many spam I reported but as per today I have to give up.

Moderators do what they can, every day I remove dozens topic and many after less then 10 minuts they appears, I think other moderators do thesame great job.

It is not problem when is 100 topic posting by one user, the problem is when 100 user post only one spam topic in different forum section.

Like Antoine writed good change in forum incomming, we just need to be little more patience :D

• Like 1

As you can see if you follow the forum constantly, there are lots of SPAM threads created everyday (which are removed in few minutes, thanks to mods) and it's very annoying for those who receive a mail for each new topic.

PrestaShop team, is it impossible to put any measure?

BTW, the option mail notification can be disabled on your account configuration. Instead of that you can use the option: "my profile" -> my content to follow the topics you are are answering/writing.

For the spam: we do what we can and a new release of the forum software is on work....

Me to not. Perhaps it is a cloned IP/Mail-Address implying that is coming from Pretashop. If you are using old Prestashop Versions (lower than 1.6.1.15) so it was possible to send mails from your own server to everybody by using Prestashop forms/templates. Now it is not possible anymore. Trace the mails, i.e. the source of the spam mails, to discover from which server they are originated.

I'm not receiving such spam as well.

On 10/25/2017 at 3:57 PM, Antoine F said:

Hello Joseantgv,
It's quite odd because I don't see these threads on the forum at the moment. I mean that I don't see them as posted, reported or even deleted. :(

I'm still looking into it.
Antoine

Hey Antoine I am almost sure I banned those users, and topics are deleted, permanently it seams if you do not see them .

Here is one user from screenshot https://www.prestashop.com/forums/profile/1451139-melissalarsen/

• Thanks 1