Test version on a subdomain and got redirected

Leemon

Hello,

I would like make a copy of my prestashop in a subdomain of my hosting server for a testing purpose.

Here are my info :

·         Domain : mySite.com

·         Test domain : test.mySite.com

·         Prestashop version : 1.7

I checked a lot of post and here is what I did :

·         Created a subdomain in my hosting solution : test subdomain of mySite.com (placed at root level) which refers to the /test directory

·         Copied and pasted all files on the server to the new directory /test also on the server

·         Created a database for the test version and imported all data from the current production database

·         I changed the app/config/parameter.php file to set new information about the database and user

·         I updated the database for tables ps_configuration and ps_shop_url to set my new domain info

·         Tried to remove all the files from test/cache/smarty/compile and test/cache/smarty/cache folders but there nothing to remove in there (only the index.php that we need to keep)

·         Removed the .htaccess file from /test folder

And then I still get redirected when I go to test.mySite.com or test.mySite.com/adminpro (which redirects to mySite.com/adminpro)

Have you got any idea of what I missed ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

add a simple test.txt file to your /test folder and then try to access it via a browser

http://test.mySite.com/test.txt

This will bypass Prestashop and just involve your web server.  This will help us determine if its a server issue, or a Prestashop issue

If you get redirected, then its a server issue

If you do not get redirected, then its a Prestashop issue

• 3 years later...

For completeness for anyone reading this thread trying to figure out the same issues as the OP...

In PS 1.7 ( I don't know if this is all versions of 1.7, I am on 1.7.7.x) you need to modify the shop URL in PS_SHOP_URL for DOMAIN and DOMAIN_SSL. Previously this was done in the table as mentioned in the OP.

I note there are also Physical_url, Virtual_url, Main and Active. I am not sure what these do however, presumably you can set active to 0 if it is a test site and you are not currently testing?