Adding the logged in user's name in a category Description

drummachine24

Hello!  I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to add the logged in user's name to a category description?

For example:  I create a product category, and in the Description, I type in :

Hello there {Logged in user's name} - Thank you for your interest in {Category name}.

On the front end, when the customer logs into the shop and clicks the menu item to go to the product category I created, in the description where I have {Logged in user's name}, it display's that customer's first and last name.

I hope I explained that well enough!  Any help on this would be great!  Thank you!

En 21/2/2018 a las 1:45 AM, drummachine24 dijo:

Hello!  I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to add the logged in user's name to a category description?

For example:  I create a product category, and in the Description, I type in :

Hello there {Logged in user's name} - Thank you for your interest in {Category name}.

On the front end, when the customer logs into the shop and clicks the menu item to go to the product category I created, in the description where I have {Logged in user's name}, it display's that customer's first and last name.

I hope I explained that well enough!  Any help on this would be great!  Thank you!

As you do not indicate the version of Prestashop that you use, I have built a guide for Prestashop 1.6 (in Spanish) (Use Google translator to understand it)

http://victor-rodenas.com/2018/02/23/personalizar-mensaje-de-bienvenida-en-las-categorias-en-prestashop/

Hope this can help you.

Edited by nadie (see edit history)

Thank you, Nadie!

I am using version 1.6.17

I translated your page and though I can make it out, the customization in the category.tpl file doesn't match what's in mine, so I wasn't sure how to implement it in my case.

Any chance you can help me with that part?  I could send you the category.tpl file and category.css if it would help.

En 24/2/2018 a las 2:34 AM, drummachine24 dijo:

Thank you, Nadie!

I am using version 1.6.17

I translated your page and though I can make it out, the customization in the category.tpl file doesn't match what's in mine, so I wasn't sure how to implement it in my case.

Any chance you can help me with that part?  I could send you the category.tpl file and category.css if it would help.

Send me the modifications made in your category.tpl and category.css and I review it.

Sorry for my English,