Google ReCaptcha Paid modules only

Hi all

I am starting to get spammed by some oik on my contact form.  I see there used to be a free captcha module, https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/442633-add-recaptcha-to-prestashop-version-16014-for-free/ but this doesn't appear to work anymore. 

So I had a look on the modules category and see that these cost around £27-£30. Where I can appreciate that developers make these modules and have to make a wage, surely something as major as spam exploitation should be integrated into the PrestaShop software as standard?

I welcome any views on this or any solutions. 

@dharrison Which PS version are you using ? This problem was already debugged on latest PS versions 1.6.1. and PS 1.7. There is no need to install a re-captcha module. You have the option to update your shop to the latest versions. Furthermore it would be helpful to use correct configuration, which means: use only SMTP for to send mails and also use only HTML send instead of insecure php-mail function and text mails.

3 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

@dharrison Which PS version are you using ? This problem was already debugged on latest PS versions 1.6.1. and PS 1.7. There is no need to install a re-captcha module. You have the option to update your shop to the latest versions. Furthermore it would be helpful to use correct configuration, which means: use only SMTP for to send mails and also use only HTML send instead of insecure php-mail function and text mails.

Hi

I have just checked the demo of what I assume to be the latest version of PrestaShop and there is no CAPTCHA involved.  Are you saying that the most updated version of PrestaShop has a CAPTCHA already installed as standard?  Please could you clarify?

And I am sure I have configured correctly.  Forms are coming in.  Unfortunately they all seem to be from a Russian spammer.

6 hours ago, joseantgv said:

Hi  Jose

The first one made no difference - I was still getting spam.

The other one - I have added it as a module but nothing shows up.

What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, dharrison said:

Hi

I have just checked the demo of what I assume to be the latest version of PrestaShop and there is no CAPTCHA involved.  Are you saying that the most updated version of PrestaShop has a CAPTCHA already installed as standard?  Please could you clarify?

And I am sure I have configured correctly.  Forms are coming in.  Unfortunately they all seem to be from a Russian spammer.

It is what I said, with correct configuration, latest PS versions, you will also not get spam WITHOUT using captcha module. So there is no necessity to use a captcha module. ;)

I'm sure you are not getting spam of your contact form, but on a cloned text form from another IP sender as your own IP (check source of received mails on IP sender - received from:).

BTW once you are listed on spamer lists you will get spam. The best way in this case is to change the contact e-mail address of your forms or use a server spam filter like spamassassin by  white and blacklisting on your mailserver or other server settings for to avoid spam.

For your problem on the module integrated. You also delete the smarty cache and browser cache after you have installed the module ?