Hello,

I have an issue with PS1.7.2.4. Since yesterday I have received over 500 emails through the contact form of frontend from Russian email addresses with russian text (I translated some and that's just dumb publicity). I removed the contact form in Mytemplate/modules/contactform and replaced it by a text message. The problem is that I keep receiving emails like the one in the attachments, but they no longer appear in backend under "Customer Service".

I have no idea how they can do that since the form is completely erased (I removed the code completely), and there is no email at all in backend anymore. I just keep receiving those message by email at the admin address.

How can I block them out completely?

Thanks for the help! I tried looking in the forum but didn't seem to find any solution.

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 12.41.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 12.41.50 PM.png

Hello damsoi01, did you resolve it?

I have the same problem, since last week I'm receiving the same russian emails like yours, exactly the same text from different email addresses like [email protected] , [email protected][email protected][email protected] etc

I'm receiving at least 50-60 emails like this eveyday.

Please anyone can help?

Edited by Georgia85 (see edit history)

Hello damsoi01,

Thank you very much for your answer,  such an pain that with so many people here in this forum nobody is tring to help us... please anybody?

Maybe if you change the title of this post like " contact form receving automatically russian emails" , maybe somebody else had this problem or there are more people like us and it's easier to find it ( It took me some days to find your, I was thinking that I was the only one).

It's so maddening receiving continually emails from all type of russian emails and you have no option to stop it, I'm continually manually deleting each email and there are a lot every day.

Meantime I was writing this I've receive another one :(

Hello @Georgia85, I added tags to the topic to try and bring more people on it.

What is strange is that my theme was without the contact module and I kept receiving emails somehow (I still do). I started to think it might be due to a trigger used in the original theme module maybe, because I don't see how else they could do this with the module removed form my current theme.

I receive less these days, maybe 20-30 a day but I just want them to be blocked asap.

Hi damsoi01,

My theme was without the contact form module too because I was using an module called Better Contact Form that was working great for me, but I changed my theme last week and I needed the original contact form module for this new theme and I installed again from zero from Prestashop and then is when it started with this russian emails.

I'm receiving less emails too, yesterday only 7-8 and beetween last night/ this morning I have no email from russian address...for the moment 0 and normally between night / morning I was receiving at least 20 emails...but I imagine that it will not stop here...but I hope.

For the moment we have no solution than waiting and hoping that this will stop.

My version of Prestashop is the 1.6.1.4, so it's not something especially of the 1.7 version.

Hello,

Same, some russian bot is using one of my mail adress to send mail to Russian mail. I did everything i could. Delete sendtoafriend module. Delete template mail file, adding a captcha, blocking some Russian ip with htacess, even delete the AdminContactsController. Nothing can stop it !

Could you help me ?

Thanks !

Hello FunkyCrabe,

In my case stopped...

I was receiving this emails automatically and the same stopped automatically , so I have no idea what is the solution to be honest...

I started on receiving hundreds of this emails everyday, then was less arround 20-30 emails and then just stopped, no emails receving from russiian email adressess , so I'm really sorry but here we didn't found any solution but we were lucky that it stopped...was driving me crazy to be honest.

Good luck.

FunkyCrabe

Exactly like I explained to you before: automatically starts and automatically stops.

I didn't do nothing because I didn't knew what to do and it stopped alone.

So foe people that will have this problem in the future, just have pacience because in maximum 1-2 weeks it stops (In my case it took almost 1 week, that's why I supoosed that will be maximum 1-2 weeks).

Let's hope wasn't an hacker because will be bad for us...we can't know if he got more information from our emails accounts or Prestashop account...so let's hope that was just an error of the module or somehting like this.

@FunkyCrabe @Georgia85 On my end it lasted two weeks until I installed a ticket system for which the users must be registered to be able to access it, and eliminated the contact form module. It cleaned up the issue.

However there was some hacking: AZZASSIN and BADU tried to inject files in my prestashop installation but my hosting warned me and put them in quarantine. You should check the image folder, and also zip your site, download it, and use a notepad++ or something like that to search for these names.