mmifarook

display weight in prestashop 1.7

Hi all,

i need to display weight in product inner page in prestashop 1.7 . please help to solve this.

hace 59 minutos, mmifarook dijo:

Hi all,

i need to display weight in product inner page in prestashop 1.7 . please help to solve this.

Use variable:

{$product.weight}

For example in the file:

/themes/classic/templates/catalog/product.tpl

Below the short description of the product

Attached image: http://victor-rodenas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/PesoProducto-1024x301.png 

Sorry for my English

Tip tested in Prestashop 1.7.2.4 with the default template

----

{$product.weight} -> weight product
{$product.weight_unit} -> Unit of the weight (Kg)

---

{if isset($product.weight) && ($product.weight != 0)}  <div> {l s='Weight' d='Shop.Theme.Catalog'}   {$product.weight|string_format:"%.2f"}  {$product.weight_unit}  </div> {/if}

Edited by nadie (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 2/15/2018 at 3:37 PM, nadie said:

Use variable:

{$product.weight}

For example in the file:

/themes/classic/templates/catalog/product.tpl

Below the short description of the product

Attached image: http://victor-rodenas.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/PesoProducto-1024x301.png 

Sorry for my English

Tip tested in Prestashop 1.7.2.4 with the default template

----

{$product.weight} -> weight product
{$product.weight_unit} -> Unit of the weight (Kg)

---

{if isset($product.weight) && ($product.weight != 0)}  <div> {l s='Weight' d='Shop.Theme.Catalog'}   {$product.weight|string_format:"%.2f"}  {$product.weight_unit}  </div> {/if}

Thanks for the reply nadie,

I tried the variable the u specified above it worked , but if the product has two weights, the weight should  change according to the option selected, if the product has large and small option with different weight and prices . the price is changing according to the option selected but weight remains same . please help me to solve this .thank you

This is already done with a hook in /blob/develop/themes/classic/templates/catalog/_partials/product-prices.tpl.

I mean, in theory! Because in order to show this weight label, you would have to install the module for complying with European legal requirements called ps_legalcompliance.

And after this you would find another bug here: They forgot to integrate this weight hook file into /modules/ps_legalcompliance/views/templates/hook

My advice: Forget this ill-conceived new development called PrestaShop 1.7x and use the technically mature shop software PrestaShop 1.6.1x instead.

This may works with an product which has a weight. But if i using combinations my default weight is zero. I added the information for the combination to add 40 grams. So my display is still zero. How can I get the chosen combinations weight?