Shopping cart bug?

Roca46

Hello everybody,

I am having a problem with the shoping cart of my store and I don't know what's causing it.

I am selling truck models, and decals. The truck models are shipped from a different location than the decals, so what I did was:

1- Create two carriers, each with their shipping costs as each carrier is from a different country.

2- Create two warehouses one for the truck models and the other for the decals.

3- In the shipping options for each product, I select available carriers accordingly, that is; in the truck model I select the carriers that can ship the truck model and for the decals, I select the carrier that can ship the decals.

4- When adding stock, I make sure that the stock that is added is from the proper warehouse (trucks warehouse or decals warehouse).

I add the items to the cart, for example, one truck and one decal.

Then the result of the shopping cart is correct, it shows both carrier logos and it specifies which item is handled by which carrier, the shipping cost is calculated in this way: Shipping of goods from carrier A + Shipping of goods from carrier B ) this is correct, as the order has items shipped from different countries.

All goes well like this until I add a 5th item...

No matter which product I add, every time it reaches 5, I get an error that says:

An item (decal name) in your cart is no longer available in this quantity. You cannot proceed with your order until the quantity is adjusted.

When this error appears, the shipping is not well calculated, also the logo and option from the second carrier to ship the decals is not showing up.

If I go back to a quantity of 4 trucks, all is ok...

I did a test and add 10 items of that particular decal from the decal warehouse, but the problem still persists.

Is there any bug with the shopping cart in this case? I also made sure that the weights of the items are within the limits of what the maximum weight that I can ship.

Hope somebody can give me a clue on this.

Thank you very much,

Guillem

***Edit:

As I checked, this is happening only with certain products, with others there is no issue, I will go on trying to find out the issue.

Edited by Roca46 (see edit history)

Well,

I found the solution to what I still think that perhaps is a bug.

As this was happening only with some products, I realized that this had to do with the item's weight and carriers weight.

As I explained, I have two carriers but they use different weights, however, they have different weight limits...

Setting the limits to both carriers the same did not solve the issue.

But I had to, in the weight table options, set a maximum weight equal than the other carrier.

This problem was caused because one of the carriers can only ship 500 gram (letter) whereas the other 2 kilo.

So, when having both items from the two different carriers, if the order of truck models exceeded the 500 gram, there was the error indicating no stock from decals, but not really no stock, what it was trying to say was that the weight was too much for the shipping method.

In my opinion, this is a shopping cart bug... because if you are using two carriers, the cart should know that these are two different shippings and the weight should be separated per product group or products-carrier instead of total order weight.

Hope this helps to somebody and hopefully somebody could do these test to know what I meant by this bug.

All the best,

Guillem