How to make field as required field?

MrNastykilla

On back-office of your shop go to tab "Customers" - > customers ->  on bottom you will find: Set required fields for this section. Check Phone-no. BTW Phone-no IS MANDATORY, perhaps you are using a theme on which this filed is ignored as mandatory ? In this case you should revert to theme developer.

• Like 1

Which Prestashop version exactly are you using ? Phone no. is mandatory field. See here: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS17/Customer+addresses

If there is another mask, than it could be that it was removed for now. PS 1.7 is still in development. In this case you can add this issue to the bug tracker and there is no solution for now.

bugtracker: http://forge.prestashop.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrNastykilla said:

I found solution. Have to change Localization > Country, check required fields. Didn't see at first, then later came up. Actions that I made refreshing, chache clearing, switch Demo mode. Thank you for replies.

Yes this was also added to localization, but in past for customer accounts the options were there where I indicated. Perhaps they are moving the option now entirely to this tab. I don't know. For now it is a bug.

• Like 1

I have just tried this

back-office of your shop go to tab "Customers" - > customers ->  on bottom you will find: Set required fields for this section.

But it only gives me Field Name 'Partner Offers'

I want Telephone number and country as a required field.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 12:28 AM, jetx said:

The issue is still that you cannot seem to make registration phone (or mobile phone) mandatory as you could in previous versions.

Edit:

I take that back, as per another post Customers/ Addresses, at bottom set required fields.

Yep, and customer must add phone number when going to checkout or trying to insert address in My Account. Otherwise can't place an order.

• 4 months later...

I found the settings in Prestashop 1.7.6.x (perhaps eralier 1.7 versions have the same settings).

Customers > Addresses --> Scoll down and set required fields for this section > e.g. Phone_mobile

For changing the fields go to: Localization > Countries and modifiy the fileds there. 

• Like 3

On 1/24/2020 at 7:59 PM, typoman said:

I found the settings in Prestashop 1.7.6.x (perhaps eralier 1.7 versions have the same settings).

Customers > Addresses --> Scoll down and set required fields for this section > e.g. Phone_mobile

For changing the fields go to: Localization > Countries and modifiy the fileds there. 

Thanks it works out!

• 3 months later...

Can someone please explain how can I add "phone_mobile" as mandatory during registration (account creation) in Prestashop 1.7.6.2?

I've only got "Partners offers" showing up as an option under "Set required fields for this section" when go to Customers -> Customers (at the bottom). If I understand correctly, this is where the mandatory fields for the sign-up form is configured?

Screenshot of available option attached, thanks.

download.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 6:16 PM, Claudio said:

Can someone please explain how can I add "phone_mobile" as mandatory during registration (account creation) in Prestashop 1.7.6.2?

I've only got "Partners offers" showing up as an option under "Set required fields for this section" when go to Customers -> Customers (at the bottom). If I understand correctly, this is where the mandatory fields for the sign-up form is configured?

Screenshot of available option attached, thanks.

download.png

dear Claudio,

you can find "phone_mobile" under addresses but you should activate "phone" not "phone_mobile" so your customer can see it without error

Screenshot from 2020-05-26 09-49-23.png

Thank you for your input Amr_elsaadany.

Unfortunately this does not make a the field mandatory during the account creation form, please have a look at the image I attached whcih shows where I need this field to be mandatory.

Thanks for your help.

download.png

Yes I am aware of this, what I am trying to achieve is for the mobile phone number to be a required field during the account creation process and not on the following step.

Some customers register but don't order or don't order right away so they don't get to the next step to fill in their address details and mobile number. What I want is for the mobile number field to appear and be mandatory during the account creation process so that we can send an SMS precisely to customers that registered but never ordered.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, hfaerfaerfageralkjge said:

I have this same issue. When browsing to Customers -> Customers (at the bottom) and clicking 'Set required fields for this section' I see only a partner offers option and nothing else.

I've now resolved this as I was looking in the wrong place; should have been looking under Customers -> Addresses.

• 5 months later...
On 5/27/2020 at 7:55 PM, Claudio said:

Yes I am aware of this, what I am trying to achieve is for the mobile phone number to be a required field during the account creation process and not on the following step.

Some customers register but don't order or don't order right away so they don't get to the next step to fill in their address details and mobile number. What I want is for the mobile number field to appear and be mandatory during the account creation process so that we can send an SMS precisely to customers that registered but never ordered.

Thanks again!

Is your problem solved? I also need this way to solve it

46 minutes ago, kimmy1314 said:

Is your problem solved? I also need this way to solve it

Hello.

Yes, I managed to resolve this with a module that I purchased from the addon store called "Add Address In Customer Registration Form", here is the link;

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/registration-ordering-process/47446-add-customer-address-on-registration-form.html

I'm pleased with the module, it does the job as intended. I hope it works for you.

• 6 months later...
On 1/24/2020 at 4:29 PM, typoman said:

For changing the fields go to: Localization > Countries and modifiy the fileds there.   اcan you help me how to modifiy it 

Untitled.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...