kacifashionuk

Official Stripe Payment Module - 3D Secure Bug (202 ecommerce)

I've come across a problem with the Stripe Payment module that is made by 202 ecommerce, when 3D Secure is enabled.

An order will go through fine if the "up to" 50 GBP/USD/EUR option is "not" selected for 3D secure, but as soon as 3D secure is needed, then during the checkout process, a popup window will appear, starting the verification, however it just stops when you get the message "The verification process is now complete. This window will close shortly." The window never closes, even if you leave it several minutes.

The API seems to reach stripe fine, however, the api callback seems to fail.

Has anyone else come across this?

After hearing nothing back from here or directly via 202 ecommerce who, I moved to a paid commercial module for stripe, which solved the problem.

Just a shame that community support here is almost dead :( 

On 2/10/2018 at 4:09 AM, kacifashionuk said:

After hearing nothing back from here or directly via 202 ecommerce who, I moved to a paid commercial module for stripe, which solved the problem.

Just a shame that community support here is almost dead :( 

Hi which paid module solution did you find?  We have client with bug we have yet to solve where the floodbar never stops, i.e. no rsp back from stripe.  So we are in market for other solution.  Thanks, el

Hi El Patron,

We opted for Stripe Payment Pro from NTS, worked first time out the box including support for 3d Secure at any value and also extra postcode/zip matching. It also came with a host of other supporting options (not yet used these, but there in case of etc).

Stripe actually sent an automatic email, noticing the errors with the included free one, which seems like the hook callback just not working correctly. Something appears iffy with the free module, for us anyway.

Here another with the same issue. 
I'm working for an Spanish ecommerce, and this issue is happening in some specific bank payments gateways.
By now, I have detected that payments over 50euro doesn't work with:

• Liber Bank
  • Unicaja

Like above is said, Stripe module's support aren't solving this issue by now...

We have the issue once the customer enters the 3d Secure code, the white page with the text "The verification process is now complete. This window will close shortly" the page is not loading inside the iframe you have to enter the code. The new page is a static page that stops the payment.

We have issues with

• Abanca 
  • Liber Bank
  • Unicaja

With any amount. Under 50 euros or above 50 euros.

This is an error that is costing us money every day.

44 minutes ago, iworkwithyou said:

We have the issue once the customer enters the 3d Secure code, the white page with the text "The verification process is now complete. This window will close shortly" the page is not loading inside the iframe you have to enter the code. The new page is a static page that stops the payment.

We have issues with

• Abanca 
  • Liber Bank
  • Unicaja

With any amount. Under 50 euros or above 50 euros.

This is an error that is costing us money every day.

Take a look at the module's configuration, because there is an option to disable 3d Secure limit for orders under 50€.

Finally, my solution has been to modify the source code of the module and remove the 3d secure limit of 50€.

Solution extracted from here:

By now is working with all the banks (Unicaja and Liberbank included).

We still have the same error with payments over 50 euros. Now we can add IBERCAJA to the list of banks with errors.

5 hours ago, iworkwithyou said:

We still have the same error with payments over 50 euros. Now we can add IBERCAJA to the list of banks with errors.

By now, the error will be always there... You have 3 options:

1. Modify the source code from the module and change the 50euro limit to another higher amount.
  2. Buy a pro module like it's said above.
  3. Keep waiting for the 202 ecommerce people fix the error.

Is anyone aware of this error?

Why 202ecommerce is not fixing this error?

This is costing customers every day.

2 hours ago, iworkwithyou said:

Is anyone aware of this error?

Why 202ecommerce is not fixing this error?

This is costing customers every day.

Did you read my instructions above? Modifying the code and increasing the 50euro limit, you can fix by now the issue.... 

Spanish version:
¿Has leido mis instrucciones de arriba? Modificando el código y aumentando el límite de 50euros a otro mayor (por ejemplo, 300), evitas la redirección a la página del banco, que es donde está provocándose el error.
Es una solución temporal al error mientras los del módulo lo solucionan (al parecer, según me han comunicado, están trabajando en ello)

I just found exactly the same bug. With IberCaja in my case, only for payments verified with 3D secure.

There is no result for this on google except for this thread.

Is there any information about the estimated date for this to be fixed? Did anyone find a hotfix?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, algspd said:

I just found exactly the same bug. With IberCaja in my case, only for payments verified with 3D secure.

There is no result for this on google except for this thread.

Is there any information about the estimated date for this to be fixed? Did anyone find a hotfix?

The hotfix, like I said above, is to modify the module code (stripe.php) and increase the 50euro limit... Is anyone reading me???  Am I invisible?? 🙃

Change this:

if (!$secure_mode_all && $amount >= 50) {
    $secure_mode_all = 1;
}

to

if (!$secure_mode_all && $amount >= 5000000000) {
    $secure_mode_all = 1;
}
Edited by Anfuca (see edit history)

Anfuca, that just disables 3D secure. I don't like big orders to be unverified because if there is a fraudulent payment disputed, I will probably loose it.

I meant a real fix.

2 hours ago, algspd said:

Anfuca, that just disables 3D secure. I don't like big orders to be unverified because if there is a fraudulent payment disputed, I will probably loose it.

I meant a real fix.

Ok, I understand that. So, no real fix by now... I've been talking with the 202ecommerce guys these days and they told me that they're working with Stripe to fix this. No more info...

Hi, the error is:

1. Using the new prestashop

2. The user pays

3. The 3d window appears

4. You add the information

5. The window instead of being load in the same "iframe" sends the user to a new window in the main browser and nothing else happens.

6. There is no record in stripe neither in prestashop. Because the lack of records / logs... stripe says they have nothing to do.

We are loosing clients every day. Where is the SLA of this module?

Thank you.

10 hours ago, iworkwithyou said:

Hi, the error is:

1. Using the new prestashop

2. The user pays

3. The 3d window appears

4. You add the information

5. The window instead of being load in the same "iframe" sends the user to a new window in the main browser and nothing else happens.

6. There is no record in stripe neither in prestashop. Because the lack of records / logs... stripe says they have nothing to do.

We are loosing clients every day. Where is the SLA of this module?

Thank you.

Original email from Stripe from last february:
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.
Regarding Stripe module support, we need merchant to contact us through PrestaShop Addons "Contact developer" of Stripe module page.
Once we received you request, we will contact you as soon as possible on CET working hours.
Thanks,
202 ecommerce team

So, this is the link to open a ticket:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us?id_product=24922

What happens on September 19th with the module ? 3D is becoming compulsory then:

On 14 September 2019, a new European regulatory requirement called Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) will introduce two-factor authentication requirements for many online payments in Europe. We expect this regulation to be enforced in the UK regardless of the outcome of Brexit. Payments that aren’t authenticated will be declined by your customers’ banks.

We’ve released a new payments API and SCA-ready products to help you prepare for this change. To get ready for these new rules and avoid having many European payments declined, you’ll need to make changes to your payment flows and Stripe integration by 14 September 2019. Read our docs to learn more about SCA and the required changes.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:54 AM, kacifashionuk said:

Hi El Patron,

We opted for Stripe Payment Pro from NTS, worked first time out the box including support for 3d Secure at any value and also extra postcode/zip matching. It also came with a host of other supporting options (not yet used these, but there in case of etc).

Stripe actually sent an automatic email, noticing the errors with the included free one, which seems like the hook callback just not working correctly. Something appears iffy with the free module, for us anyway.

Thank you, I change the module too, it's seem works.

Once again, a module of 202 commerce doesn't work with me.

Thank you @kacifashionuk

Posted (edited)

Ok, I've bought the Stripe Payments Pro, and guys, I have to tell you that the issue with:

• Unicaja
  • Liberbank
  • Ibercaja

is still there... Payments with 3D Secure doesn't work

I want to remind you that in European Union in September 3D Secure will be mandatory

I've contacted with the Stripe Payments Pro developers.

Keep in touch.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:11 PM, Anfuca said:

Ok, I've bought the Stripe Payments Pro, and guys, I have to tell you that the issue with:

• Unicaja
  • Liberbank
  • Ibercaja

is still there... Payments with 3D Secure doesn't work

I want to remind you that in European Union in September 3D Secure will be mandatory

I've contacted with the Stripe Payments Pro developers.

Keep in touch.

Any outcome? Thanks!

On 7/8/2019 at 12:25 PM, adversor said:

Any outcome? Thanks!

Nothing. No updates and the module keeps failing... Also 3 months of free support ends without a solution and PayPal doesn't return the money 😕

I would like to know the same re the Official Strip Module!

Does it work??

Hello,
I confirm that version 2.0.3 available on AddOn is SCA ready and solve 3D secure bugs f the previous version.

Version 2.0.4 of the module is available on request from official Stripe support pending its official release on AddOn.
You can get it through a support request: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us?id_product=24922

This version brings among others bugfixes and compatibility with IE11.

The support team is available to assist you in case of any problem with the new module.

Have a good day !

HI - good to know you are working on a new version - will the 2.0.4 version include the ability to auth and capture later? This option is missing in 2.0.3 and is badly needed!

Hello ukbaz,

2.0.4 is available for you to install by a request to our officiel support (https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contactez-nous?id_product=24922).
We're actually working on 2.0.5.
Unfortunatelly no, your request is not add in 2.0.4.
Our devs have to analyse this specific request and see potential impacts before inserting your demand into the module.

Hi! Have to say that after the update, the official stripe module (developed by 202 ecommerce) it's working perfect with all the banks!!! 😀😀😀

16 hours ago, Anfuca said:

Hi! Have to say that after the update, the official stripe module (developed by 202 ecommerce) it's working perfect with all the banks!!! 😀😀😀

Hello Anfuca,

Thanks a lot for your positive comment.

Do not hesitate to contact us if needed !

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi @202 ecommerce, is there a way to put this box like it was before? I mean, can you give me some instructions to put them to look like it was in old versions? 

For low level users, this interface is too minimalist. I'm having a lot of problems with clients that, for example, doesn't know what "MM/AA" means...

image.png.5a77d467d0cd61793b28d942a3e87a5d.png

The old one, with separates input fields and a label over each one, is more obvious and more easy to understand!

Edit:

Ok, I see that everything is an iframe, so all is about Stripe... How can I change it to put another example from here: https://stripe.dev/elements-examples/ ?

What file(s) do I have to change? 

Thanks in advance

Hello Anfuca,

I'm pleased to announce that a V2.0.7 version of the Stripe's module is currently under approval by PrestaShop's team.
This version will be available very soon on AddOn!
This new version will offer the possibility to activate the display of cards in the checkout by a simple configuration in your PrestaShop back office.

Hoping this new feature will answer your requests!

Have a nice day

Still no possibility to Auth and capture later though I suppose??

On 10/31/2019 at 8:51 AM, 202ecommerce said:

Hello Anfuca,

I'm pleased to announce that a V2.0.7 version of the Stripe's module is currently under approval by PrestaShop's team.
This version will be available very soon on AddOn!
This new version will offer the possibility to activate the display of cards in the checkout by a simple configuration in your PrestaShop back office.

Hoping this new feature will answer your requests!

Have a nice day

Hi @202 ecommerce, I've updated, but I can't see the "simple configuration". Do you mean this?

image.thumb.png.8801b7bd92ae7ded47f7560aba3313cf.png

-Where do I have to configure on Stripe Dashboard? Can you extend me the instructions, please?

-What is happening with other cards that aren't on the list? Like 'Maestro'?

Thanks in advance.