DataKick

[Free Module] Revws - Product Reviews - PS1.6/PS1.7

1 hour ago, emarsax said:

Hi DataKick.

I have version 1.0.18 installed with customer comments. How do I update the new version without losing comments?

Thank you very much.

Do NOT uninstall the 1.0.18, and do NOT reset the module -- you'd loose data. 

Simply upload new module version to your server. Revws will automatically take care of everything else.

To be sure, I recommend to backup your data first. Go to Reviews tab, and in upper right corner there's a button Import and export data. That will let you export all data into XML file (just in case anything went wrong).

export.png.585dcb1518faf6c171e9a6015e49d115.png

20 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Do NOT uninstall the 1.0.18, and do NOT reset the module -- you'd loose data. 

Simply upload new module version to your server. Revws will automatically take care of everything else.

To be sure, I recommend to backup your data first. Go to Reviews tab, and in upper right corner there's a button Import and export data. That will let you export all data into XML file (just in case anything went wrong).

export.png.585dcb1518faf6c171e9a6015e49d115.png

OK thanks.

The new version I install without decompressing from prestashop-> modules-> install
or unzip and upload it via FTP?

I have tried to update without decompressing and it does not do anything, it does not update.

Thanks DataKick

1 hour ago, emarsax said:

OK thanks.

The new version I install without decompressing from prestashop-> modules-> install
or unzip and upload it via FTP?

I have tried to update without decompressing and it does not do anything, it does not update.

Thanks DataKick

You can use both approaches. I usually do it by uploading zip file from backoffice. Are you sure nothing has changes? Could you pm me your shop address?

34 minutes ago, prcwest said:

Hello DataKick

failed to install module. 

That's strange. I've just test it, and it works fine for me. Maybe you have too low upload_max_filesize php settings?

You could also upload the module via ftp.

Edited by DataKick (see edit history)

14 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Maybe you have too low upload_max_filesize php settings?

Thank for your response

php.PNG.740352fc91539e22299e45619b8bb888.PNG

i change my setup and integrated a sub-domain as media server but  this not has anything to do with it i guess

Edited by prcwest
found the problem. i changed the php version and zip was not enabled. sorry for that (see edit history)

Hello,

It seems to be a very nice module, thank you.

Does someone make a french translation please ?

Kind regards

On 8/12/2018 at 7:39 AM, P i l o u said:

Does someone make a french translation please ?

Unfortunately this module does not have official french translation yet.

If anyone translated the module to french (or any other language that's not officially supported yet), please export the translation using standard prestashop translation tool and send it to me via email (don't forget to send me translated email templates as well).

I'll add the translation to the module. This will help your fellow countrymen - they won't have to undergo this translation process. 

Hello @datakick I have another question. How can I change the stars to my own images? (I have paid version, I don't know if that matters)

55 minutes ago, kaczmar said:

Hello @datakick I have another question. How can I change the stars to my own images? (I have paid version, I don't know if that matters)

Someone else has already contacted me with this request -- well,  similar request. They want to use custom css classes for empty/filled stars. This way we can use font-awesome or other icons.

Your request is actually the same -- you will need to create two new css rules, and use your images as background.

I don't know when I will implement this, but it will goes to free version of the module (and to paid as well, of course :)

I found one problem.

On the reviews pages, the titles are the same on the all pages:

https://site.com/reviews

and

https://site.com/reviews?revws-all-reviews-page-size=5&revws-all-reviews-page=2

and

https://site.com/reviews?revws-all-reviews-page-size=5&revws-all-reviews-page=3

have the same titles.

Therefore, we have a problem with duplicate titles in Google search console:

1.thumb.PNG.d69251a4f55ee9d42e26e08142fbfe2d.PNG

It would be good if on all pages in the title was automatically added the page number:

For example:

Rewievs - Site.com

Rewievs - Site.com (2)

Rewievs - Site.com (3)

Rewievs - Site.com (4)

Edited by Sobolev (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Sobolev said:

I found one problem.

On the reviews pages, the titles are the same on the all pages:

https://site.com/reviews

and

https://site.com/reviews?revws-all-reviews-page-size=5&revws-all-reviews-page=2

This is already fixed in 1.0.19 by adding canonical tag to all reviews page. This tag tells google that he should consider https://site.com/reviews?revws-all-reviews-page-size=5&revws-all-reviews-page=2 to be the same page as https://site.com/reviews, and thus not displaying duplicate content warnings.

I've checked your site, and this tag is indeed present in the page source. Now you just need to wait for google to visit and reindex content of your pages again. It can takes up to few weeks, but eventually google will update its database.

8 hours ago, DataKick said:

This is already fixed in 1.0.19 by adding canonical tag to all reviews page. This tag tells google that he should consider https://site.com/reviews?revws-all-reviews-page-size=5&revws-all-reviews-page=2 to be the same page as https://site.com/reviews, and thus not displaying duplicate content warnings.

Yes, this is a good decision.
But, titles still  will be the same on all pages.

hi , is this module free to use ?

and whats the premium i noticed in settings? it says more reviews . does this module limits product reviews ??

in the mean time there is a problem when ive just tested it. when anonymously i wanted to add a review it shows error but its registered in BO 

im using and RTL language for FRONT and it needs a complete redesign for RTL users although we should do that ourselves

thanks

Hi!

I was testing different reviews modules and I land here after read @nadie review of the module in spanish because my english is a shit.

Buyed and waiting new features like discount coupons for submitted reviews.

I have one little problem with Mails language, my site is in spanish and email bodys are ok in spanish but all subjects are in english. I checked al module and I cant find the problem.

Good work!

Edited by tali656 (see edit history)

On 8/21/2018 at 4:49 AM, farzzin said:

hi , is this module free to use ?

and whats the premium i noticed in settings? it says more reviews . does this module limits product reviews ??

in the mean time there is a problem when ive just tested it. when anonymously i wanted to add a review it shows error but its registered in BO 

im using and RTL language for FRONT and it needs a complete redesign for RTL users although we should do that ourselves

thanks

Hi,

yes, the module is free to use. There are no limits whatsoever. The paid version has some extra functionality, such as sending review request by email.

Regarding RTL - I know that some users are using this on arabic sites, and I haven't heard about any problems. What exactly does not work? 

On 8/22/2018 at 6:21 PM, tali656 said:

Hi!

I was testing different reviews modules and I land here after read @nadie review of the module in spanish because my english is a shit.

Buyed and waiting new features like discount coupons for submitted reviews.

I have one little problem with Mails language, my site is in spanish and email bodys are ok in spanish but all subjects are in english. I checked al module and I cant find the problem.

Good work!

Hello,

the discount coupons feature will come very soon :)

Regarding your email subject issues - you need to use standard prestashop translation tool to translate email subjects. You can read more about this here

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 8:49 AM, DataKick said:

I don't think I can provide more information than what I've already written. To use this new hook, you need to edit your theme. First, find the template file (*.tpl) that renders the page you want to display review at. Then, inside this file, insert the code

{hook h='displayRevwsReview' review=222}

Just remember to replace 222 with the actual review id. And that's it - the review will be rendered at that page.

Hey man, i have to say thank you for this great module. Question, i am getting this error suddenly when i try to navigate to the configuation page.

And users are not able to insert new reviews anymore.

attached is a screenshot for the error.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, danybaydoun said:

Hey man, i have to say thank you for this great module. Question, i am getting this error suddenly when i try to navigate to the configuation page.

And users are not able to insert new reviews anymore.

attached is a screenshot for the error.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Do you have debug mode enabled? It seems that with debug mode enabled, prestashop 17 makes additional checks for url links, and fails fast. I'll prepare a fix for the next version. Meanwhile, this is what you can do on your side:

1) edit file /revws/controllers/admin/AdminRevwsBackendController.php

2) find function getDrilldownTokens

3) replace all occurrences of '{ID}' with some number. So it looks like this:

private function getDrilldownTokens() {
    return [
      'editProduct' => $this->getAdminLink('AdminProducts', ['id_product' => 999, 'updateproduct' => 1]),
      'viewCustomer' => $this->getAdminLink('AdminCustomers', ['id_customer' => 999, 'viewcustomer' => 1]),
      'editCustomer' => $this->getAdminLink('AdminCustomers', ['id_customer' => 999, 'updatecustomer' => 1]),
      'viewOrder' => $this->getAdminLink('AdminOrders', ['id_order' => 999, 'vieworder' => 1])
    ];
  }

Note that once you do this, links from revws backend page to products/customers/orders will stop working. But it's not a big deal

17 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Do you have debug mode enabled? It seems that with debug mode enabled, prestashop 17 makes additional checks for url links, and fails fast. I'll prepare a fix for the next version. Meanwhile, this is what you can do on your side:

1) edit file /revws/controllers/admin/AdminRevwsBackendController.php

2) find function getDrilldownTokens

3) replace all occurrences of '{ID}' with some number. So it looks like this:

private function getDrilldownTokens() {
    return [
      'editProduct' => $this->getAdminLink('AdminProducts', ['id_product' => 999, 'updateproduct' => 1]),
      'viewCustomer' => $this->getAdminLink('AdminCustomers', ['id_customer' => 999, 'viewcustomer' => 1]),
      'editCustomer' => $this->getAdminLink('AdminCustomers', ['id_customer' => 999, 'updatecustomer' => 1]),
      'viewOrder' => $this->getAdminLink('AdminOrders', ['id_order' => 999, 'vieworder' => 1])
    ];
  }

Note that once you do this, links from revws backend page to products/customers/orders will stop working. But it's not a big deal

Hello buddy,

Thank you for the fast response.

The admin section is working now. However, I am still not able to post new reviews. The loading sign is rotating infinitely

10 minutes ago, danybaydoun said:

Hello buddy,

Thank you for the fast response.

The admin section is working now. However, I am still not able to post new reviews. The loading sign is rotating infinitely

My Bad! i've forgotten to clear cache.

It's working like a charm now :)

Thanks for the support and for this lovely module.

Checkout your module http://www.barlivery.com/

1 hour ago, danybaydoun said:

My Bad! i've forgotten to clear cache.

It's working like a charm now :)

Thanks for the support and for this lovely module.

Checkout your module http://www.barlivery.com/

Great to hear. 

I see that you are also displaying 'Featured reviews' on your home page. It's nice to see that someone is using the {hook} functionality :) I plan to release more user friendly version  soon, probably in the form of configurable carousel widget. Stay tuned.

34 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Great to hear. 

I see that you are also displaying 'Featured reviews' on your home page. It's nice to see that someone is using the {hook} functionality :) I plan to release more user friendly version  soon, probably in the form of configurable carousel widget. Stay tuned.

Yeah,

I am planning to have it inside a carousel.

It would be nice if you make a carousel and then you can select which reviews to show in the carousel!

Good work buddy!

1 hour ago, jaimesks said:

buy your Product Reviews module but nothing appears for download

Resolved via email.

Hello,

I love your module, it works nicely on my shop.

I have a problem, because I'm using another review module and I don't know how to import my data. Your module offers only import from yotpo and product comments. Can you help?

20 hours ago, fourarrow said:

Hello,

I love your module, it works nicely on my shop.

I have a problem, because I'm using another review module and I don't know how to import my data. Your module offers only import from yotpo and product comments. Can you help?

Hi, 

in what format do you have your reviews?

- if you have csv, you can modify it in excel to match format for yotpo export. Then you can import it using built-in functionality

- if you have xml, you can import it using my Datakick module. It's paid, but there's 14 day trial period, that should be long enough for you to import the data. Of course, I'd be more than happy if you like the module and purchase a license for it :)

- if you have csv and don't want to edit it in excel, you can convert you csv file to xml file using some tool, and then use datakick module to import resultig xml file

You can also send me an email and I'll try to help you. It is usually really simple task that can be done in 20 minutes. If it's more complicated, I'd have to charge you, though.

Hi great person,

I just found out about your free and well made module, I need to make some edits on the css of the pop up where customers create their reviews

But cause I'm not familiar with module development on prestashop I will need some help

So please if there's anyone who have done it before to tell me how

Thanks

11 hours ago, Othmane said:

I need to make some edits on the css of the pop up where customers create their reviews

Hello,

unfortunately editing popup is kind a hard at the moment, since it's generated by javascript and there's no *constant* css class that you could target. I'll fix this for the next version.

Can I ask what changes you need/want to make? Is it just typography / theming, or do you want to change layout as well? Please let me know, maybe I can add some settings option for that into the module 

• Like 1

On 14/09/2018 at 6:13 AM, DataKick said:

Can I ask what changes you need/want to make? Is it just typography / theming, or do you want to change layout as well? Please let me know, maybe I can add some settings option for that into the module 

I just wanna change colors and border-radius of the images

VERSION 1.0.20 - SUPPORT FOR IMAGES

I’m happy to announce that new version 1.0.20 has just been released. This version fixes few bugs, and brings one major new feature - support for images. Your customers can now attach images to their reviews:

reviews-image.png.c6ed415f921c236bfbfb85676f2b1552.png

OTHER CHANGES

• extracted css classes to allow popup window customization - issue #71
  • fixed multistore bug in all reviews page - issue #68
  • check that dom php extension is loaded
  • and more…
  • Like 1

It doesn't work in my prestashop store, the link is: www.mundoarquero.com/tienda and the version of PS is 1.7.4.2, it doesn't show nothing.....

9 hours ago, Leonellopg said:

It doesn't work in my prestashop store, the link is: www.mundoarquero.com/tienda and the version of PS is 1.7.4.2, it doesn't show nothing.....

I just tested it on 1.7.4.2 and it works just fine. I also know about many shops running on 1.7.4.2 that are using this module successfully.  

So the problem must be somewhere in your store. It may be caused by your theme not including/calling the necessary hooks. Or maybe you disabled all non-native modules? Or you have some override that's not compatible... 

To investigate more, I'd need access to your back office. PM me if you are willing to give me access

7 hours ago, DataKick said:

I just tested it on 1.7.4.2 and it works just fine. I also know about many shops running on 1.7.4.2 that are using this module successfully.  

So the problem must be somewhere in your store. It may be caused by your theme not including/calling the necessary hooks. Or maybe you disabled all non-native modules? Or you have some override that's not compatible... 

To investigate more, I'd need access to your back office. PM me if you are willing to give me access

Sure, i've already send you a PM...

2 hours ago, Leonellopg said:

Sure, i've already send you a PM...

I have found a bug that that can occurs only if the shop is installed in subdirectory. 

The fix for this issue will be part of the next release.

I'm not sure if this problem is isolated to ps17, or if the same bug exists in ps16 version as well. I'll check.

8 minutes ago, DataKick said:

I have found a bug that that can occurs only if the shop is installed in subdirectory. 

The fix for this issue will be part of the next release.

I'm not sure if this problem is isolated to ps17, or if the same bug exists in ps16 version as well. I'll check.

thank you! =)

Hi 

Thanks a lot for your very nice module.

I have a problem with the translation.

My prestashop version is 1.6.1.18 and i must changed translation of your module in the file app.translation.php for work well.

If i used the traduction of my back office normaly the translation is not applied. It is normal ?

Thanks again

1 hour ago, nevohteeb said:

I have a problem with the translation.

My prestashop version is 1.6.1.18 and i must changed translation of your module in the file app.translation.php for work well.

If i used the traduction of my back office normaly the translation is not applied. It is normal ?

Thanks again

Hi,

translation should work fine. Just make sure you translate *all* sections -- the same text can be used in different location.

Hello,

You're right it works without problems. Thanks again for sharing your module. He is really excellent and well done. I will consult the benefits of the paid version and surely take the plunge.

For the premium version the benefits are all listed here https://www.getdatakick.com/extras/revws-product-reviews/ or there are more now ? I think there are more.

Have a nice day 

Best regards

Firstly, thanks for this module, I've never seen such an extensive and functional module before that works so well :)

Quick question if I may, I'm using the code on my index page to show recent reviews and I've toggled with the 'reviewStyle' option and in particular the 'item-with-product' option but the formatting is a little 'off' with the pictures, is there any way to have the image/review a little more in line with each other rather than being misaligned as it seems, or is it more to do with the image size,etc.   Failing that, would it be possible to have just the 'item' option with the title of the product,  hyperlinked or add another option such as 'item-with-title' or something like that? Hope this makes sense :)

Thanks

Marko

Capture.PNG

Edited by ThankBooks (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, ThankBooks said:

Quick question if I may, I'm using the code on my index page to show recent reviews and I've toggled with the 'reviewStyle' option and in particular the 'item-with-product' option but the formatting is a little 'off' with the pictures, is there any way to have the image/review a little more in line with each other rather than being misaligned as it seems, or is it more to do with the image size,etc.   

You can adjust CSS for this. Create file /themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl

And inside put your css overrides. For example this could fix it:

.revws-review-wrapper h2 {
  margin-top: 0px;
}

23 minutes ago, DataKick said:

You can adjust CSS for this. Create file /themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl

And inside put your css overrides. For example this could fix it:

.revws-review-wrapper h2 {
  margin-top: 0px;
}

Thanks for the fast response, really impressive :)

Unfortunately that didn't seem to change anything, as a possible simpler solution, would it be possible to stick with the 'item' which looks cleaner and simply hyperlink the title review to the product?

On 12. 10. 2018 at 11:33 AM, ThankBooks said:

Unfortunately that didn't seem to change anything, as a possible simpler solution, would it be possible to stick with the 'item' which looks cleaner and simply hyperlink the title review to the product?

That's strange, it should have change it. Make sure you clear both server and browser cache, and if you are using cloudflare or other cdn, then flush its cache as well

New version 1.0.21 has been released. This version does not brings any new functionality, but it fixes couple of bugs. If you are running on ps16, you should definitely install this update

35 minutes ago, DataKick said:

That's strange, it should have change it. Make sure you clear both server and browser cache, and if you are using cloudflare or other cdn, then flush its cache as well

Yes, tried that, but still no change I'm afraid, but just to clarify, you said to create "/themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl" but there was only a "/translations" dir after /revws - so I had to create the /views/templates/front directories - does that sound right

Thanks

Marko

Actually, you're right, it does work, flushed all the cache I could get my hands on lol, I also tried making "margin-bottom: 0px;" because there is quite a gap underneath from where the review ends and the beginning of the allowPaging, tried flushing the cache again but to no avail, any advise on this one.

Thanks again

Marko

Did manage to get a fix for this, turns out the CSS for the module was showing margin-bottom 40, so just copied that portion over to the new custom CSS and made it 0, probably not the right way to go about it but worked for me, thanks for your assistance so far but, if things pick up on the site for the run up to Christmas I'll be back to purchase the upgrade :)

Cheers

Marko

Hi,
I am interested in the premium version, but I have a problem with rich snippets.
There are two problems:
- Review:  The review has no reviewed item specified.
- AggregateRating : The review has no reviewed item specified.

https://petguru.pl/271-power-of-nature-golden-years-senior.html

Maybe you know how to fix these errors?

---- -edit ------

I solved the problem.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by lyro123 (see edit history)

Hi,

First of all, congrats for the Incredible module.

I have installed it on ps 1.7.4.2, all seems ok, but it dont show the ratings...

Can you help me out?

thanks

Captura.JPG

Hi,

Excellent module: thank you for the work done!

I have an issue on the display of the average rating on the thumbnail of each product on the different views of the catalog (see screenshot).

PrestaShop version: 1.7.4.3
Revws - Product Reviews: v1.0.21

Default configuration / installation of PrestaShop, no additional modules or themes.

Thanks,

EMA

Capture d’écran 2018-10-21 à 23.33.18.png

22 hours ago, EMA said:

Hi,

Excellent module: thank you for the work done!

I have an issue on the display of the average rating on the thumbnail of each product on the different views of the catalog (see screenshot).

Hi,

unfortunately this is theme issue. In this case it's standard theme, but nevertheless it's theme problem - theme calls hook to render stars, but do not reserve enough space to render the ratings.

The same issue can be reproduced with other modules as well, for example productcomments module.

The fix should be made in theme css

On 10/19/2018 at 12:33 PM, Rai said:

Hi,

First of all, congrats for the Incredible module.
I have installed it on ps 1.7.4.2, all seems ok, but it dont show the ratings...

Can you help me out?

thanks

Thanks for using my module. Please PM me your domain, so I can have a look and find out what's wrong

On 10/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, lyro123 said:

Hi,
I am interested in the premium version, but I have a problem with rich snippets.
There are two problems:
- Review:  The review has no reviewed item specified.
- AggregateRating : The review has no reviewed item specified.

https://petguru.pl/271-power-of-nature-golden-years-senior.html

Maybe you know how to fix these errors?

---- -edit ------

I solved the problem.

Hi, I apologise for the late reply. I'm really glad you found a solution. Could you please share your insights with the rest of community? Maybe there are other users with the same problem (and I'd love to learn the solution as well :)

Hi

I was gigging in your module and noticed  A LOT OF garbage js code under the hood.

I.e. 704 kB of javascript and tons of styles generated by it.  What is that junk code for? All users, who use this module are endangered to loose their SEO rankings because of that stuff! 

Also some google requests side server requests and other unpleasing stuff. Are you trying to collect any data about us using this module? Or about our customers?

Uninstalled this piece of code until some clarifying answers.

@fortuner 

First of all, learn some manners! 

- A LOT OF garbage js code - what you call "garbage js code" is actually a javascript application to handle product reviews in a modern way. You know, we are not living in the 90s anymore, people actually expects interactive experience. For your information, this technology you call junk is React, which is coincidently one of the hottest trend in frontend development nowadays. 

704 kB of javascript - that's true, the javascript code is quite big. However, the amount of code that's necessary to perform initial render is only 2.2k. The rest is fetched asynchronously after the page is rendered, and does not block user experience in any way. I agree that the amount of transferred data is not ideal, but... it's just a static content, once it's fetched it is served from browser's cache for all subsequent requests. Also, if you have gzip enabled on you server, the amount of data is reduced significantly to just ~190k. That's nothing in modern world... just compare it with the size of images on your homepage (and these can block initial render)

tons of styles - you mean that one 10k css file? That's hardly a tons of styles

- loose their SEO rankings - you are quite mistaken. Negative impact of this module is *next to nothing* -- it only adds a few kilobytes to the total transfer that's needed for the first render (this is what google is interested in). On the other hands, it brings tons of benefits, ranging from user generated content to rich snippets.

Are you trying to collect any data about us using this module - this module is open source, anyone is welcomed to read the source code on github repository. Module *does* ping my server in order to retrieve information about new versions of module. This ping happens only when you open module in administration, and it contains following information:  module version, prestashop version, domain. 

Uninstalled this piece of code - I'm glad *you* did. Your post nicely demonstrates how ungrateful prestashop community can be. Rest assure I will think twice before releasing next *free* module to the community.

Bottom line is, this is free module. Anyone can use this code freely as is, or even modify it when they don't like some parts of it. 

9 hours ago, DataKick said:

@fortuner 

- A LOT OF garbage js code - what you call "garbage js code" is actually a javascript application to handle product reviews in a modern way. You know, we are not living in the 90s anymore, people actually expects interactive experience. For your information, this technology you call junk is React, which is coincidently one of the hottest trend in frontend development nowadays. 

704 kB of javascript - that's true, the javascript code is quite big. However, the amount of code that's necessary to perform initial render is only 2.2k. The rest is fetched asynchronously after the page is rendered, and does not block user experience in any way. I agree that the amount of transferred data is not ideal, but... it's just a static content, once it's fetched it is served from browser's cache for all subsequent requests. Also, if you have gzip enabled on you server, the amount of data is reduced significantly to just ~190k. That's nothing in modern world... just compare it with the size of images on your homepage (and these can block initial render)

- loose their SEO rankings - you are quite mistaken. Negative impact of this module is *next to nothing* -- it only adds a few kilobytes to the total transfer that's needed for the first render (this is what google is interested in). On the other hands, it brings tons of benefits, ranging from user generated content to rich snippets.

Are you trying to collect any data about us using this module - this module is open source, anyone is welcomed to read the source code on github repository. Module *does* ping my server in order to retrieve information about new versions of module. This ping happens only when you open module in administration, and it contains following information:  module version, prestashop version, domain. 

Uninstalled this piece of code - I'm glad *you* did. Your post nicely demonstrates how ungrateful prestashop community can be. Rest assure I will think twice before releasing next *free* module to the community.

Bottom line is, this is free module. Anyone can use this code freely as is, or even modify it when they don't like some parts of it. 

I wouldn't concern yourself too much Datakick, trolls come in many forms, clearly the guy knows a little which as they say is a dangerous thing :)

Going back to my previous reply about 'formatting' etc, I'm wondering how easy it would be have the title and image contained within the 'box', such as image smaller and in the first box column above the user details and title in the second box column, above the review details, as I still find the formatting to be a little squiffy if you know what I mean.   Thanks again

Marko

Capture.PNG

12 hours ago, DataKick said:

@fortuner 

Ok. React itself isn't needed to post data asynchronously. Prestashop uses jQuery and good point would be code reuse.

I.e. it would take barely 30 lines of code to post customer's review with AJAX, and few more to make some animations.

I will take your advice and learn some manners. What I've already learned is to double check what code does, especially the free one.

"...anyone is welcomed to read the source code..." If that's true, why are you so offended by questions about the code?

You can call me ungrateful, but the points about data collection and SEO are contradictive and not clear IMO.

Have a nice day!

On 10/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, ThankBooks said:

Going back to my previous reply about 'formatting' etc, I'm wondering how easy it would be have the title and image contained within the 'box', such as image smaller and in the first box column above the user details and title in the second box column, above the review details

It shouldn't be hard, I'll try to add this to next release

On 10/27/2018 at 4:43 PM, DataKick said:

It shouldn't be hard, I'll try to add this to next release

Thanks DK :)

I have a fragment of hidden code that generates a link 404

<section id="revws-section" class="page-product-box">
  <h3 class="page-product-heading">Comantarios</h3>
  <div id="idTabRevws">
    <div id="revws-portal-product-reviews"><div class="form-group">No hay comentarios de clientes por el momento.</div></div><div class="revws-hidden"><a href="https://www.miweb.com/reviews">Comantarios</a></div>
  </div>
</section>

and since I am, it would be possible to eliminate the purchase verification

InkedCapture.PNG.c87693f75a5ce292a375607121e8ee63_LI.jpg

Edited by jaimesks (see edit history)

@jaimesks your real question should be why the /reviews page does not work for you. This is a page showing all reviews, and it should work normally. If it does not work on your system you should investigate. You can change the /reviews to different url in SEO page in your back office.

Hello, DataKick! Your module is great, but there is a bug. If you go to personal in the frontend, then when the Friendly URL is enabled, a 404 page will appear. Tell me how to fix this bug? :)

And.  Price Alert - Follow The Price

You have created the "price alert" module. He also has a bug. on the mobile screen, the product image is stretched. I understand layout, but I don't understand js code. Thank you!

scnYq7wQ.png

Edited by Fedonkin (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Fedonkin said:

Hello, DataKick! Your module is great, but there is a bug. If you go to personal in the frontend, then when the Friendly URL is enabled, a 404 page will appear. Tell me how to fix this bug? :)

I've just tested it on both 1.6 and 1.7 versions, and it works as expected. You must have some other module (maybe seo url or something like that) that interferes with standard routing.

5be3d10d43105_prestashop17442018-11-0806-59-06.thumb.png.594a5735ba76b56010e83e3adbba91eb.png

7 hours ago, jaimesks said:

do you mean this? this is empty

Yes, that's it. It's empty by default, but you can enter your own routes, for example 'comments'

1 hour ago, DataKick said:

I've just tested it on both 1.6 and 1.7 versions, and it works as expected. You must have some other module (maybe seo url or something like that) that interferes with standard routing.

Thanks. Deleted pretty urls and it worked. And how to fix the problem in Pricedrop Alert ?

scnYq7wQ.png

1 hour ago, Fedonkin said:

And how to fix the problem in Pricedrop Alert ?

This thread is dedicated to product reviews, let's not get sidetracked here. Please describe your problem in the forum post dedicated to PriceAlert module , or file an issue on github issues

• Thanks 1

I have a problem with the appearance of the opinion. There is a missing frame which i marked in red ... Can I ask for help?

revs.png

13 hours ago, lukash4 said:

I have a problem with the appearance of the opinion. There is a missing frame which i marked in red ... Can I ask for help?

You can target css classes and modify style. For example:

1) create file /themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl 

2) and enter this content: 

.revws-review {
   border: 1px solid black;
}

1 hour ago, DataKick said:

You can target css classes and modify style. For example:

1) create file /themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl 

2) and enter this content: 

.revws-review {
   border: 1px solid black;
}

Thanks a lot, now only the top frame is missing :) 

revs2.png

I downloaded PS 1.6 version of this module but the installation failed, giving this error:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/site/modules/revws/revws.php:
syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')'

My BO is no longer accessible and just displays the above error if I try to log in.

What should I do, please? Any help will be appreciated. Haven't much technical knowledge,please.

Edited by Debango (see edit history)

On 11/12/2018 at 12:47 AM, Debango said:

I downloaded PS 1.6 version of this module but the installation failed, giving this error:

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/site/modules/revws/revws.php:
syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')'

My BO is no longer accessible and just displays the above error if I try to log in.

What should I do, please? Any help will be appreciated. Haven't much technical knowledge,please.

This seems to be issue with php version. Revws module needs at least php version 5.4 -- I suspect you are still running on php5.3.

Hello,

I have a problem importing reviews from Yotpo:

Failed to import reviews: CSV does not contains column published

Column exists as seen in the screenshot...
Can You help me?

revw.png

On 11/15/2018 at 9:09 PM, lukash4 said:

Hello,

I have a problem importing reviews from Yotpo:

Failed to import reviews: CSV does not contains column published

Column exists as seen in the screenshot...
Can You help me?

Can you send me csv file via email? You'll find it on my website

On 11/18/2018 at 4:20 PM, DataKick said:

Can you send me csv file via email? You'll find it on my website 

Sent 👍

9 minutes ago, lukash4 said:

Sent 👍

The problem is that your csv file is delimited by semicolon, not comma. You can either re-save it using right delimiter, or alternatively edit /revws/controllers/admin/AdminRevwsBackendController.php and replace

$reader = new CsvReader($file);

with

$reader = new CsvReader($file, true, ';');

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DataKick said:

The problem is that your csv file is delimited by semicolon, not comma. You can either re-save it using right delimiter, or alternatively edit /revws/controllers/admin/AdminRevwsBackendController.php and replace

$reader = new CsvReader($file);

with

$reader = new CsvReader($file, true, ';');

Thanks a lot,

I would like to ask how does work the rating process

"Was this comment useful to you? Yes/No"

and reporting abuse

"Report abuse"

When I give my opinion "Yes" or I report abuse, nothing happens ...

18 minutes ago, lukash4 said:

Thanks a lot,

I would like to ask how does work the rating process

"Was this comment useful to you? Yes/No"

and reporting abuse

"Report abuse"

When I give my opinion "Yes" or I report abuse, nothing happens ...

These are mostly unfinished features, they both would appreciate some additional love. Here's what you can do with it:

- usefulness - you can choose to sort your review list by usefulness. That's the only usage

- report abuse - you can choose to 'hide' review when someone flags it as abusive -- such review will require your re-approval.

In the next versions of the module there will be more options, both in back office and on front end as well

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DataKick said:

These are mostly unfinished features, they both would appreciate some additional love. Here's what you can do with it:

- usefulness - you can choose to sort your review list by usefulness. That's the only usage

- report abuse - you can choose to 'hide' review when someone flags it as abusive -- such review will require your re-approval.

In the next versions of the module there will be more options, both in back office and on front end as well 

Thank, I understand,

how can I sort the list of reviews as usefulness ?

I've just released new version 1.0.22 of this module

From outsider perspective not much has changed - some ui was moved around, and few bugs were fixed. But under the hood there were many more changes related to review types. Basically, this version brings support to review different types of entities, not only products. I will use this as a foundation to implement store reviews in the future (although that’s probably going to be premium feature)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jaimesks said:

from where you download the premium version

they recommend me to update, my store is in production

Use the download link you have received when you purchased premium module -- that link will always fetch latest premium version of module.

Note that there is no *new* version released yet, only new version for the free module. Premium version will be released next week, once I consolidate it with new functionality. You will receive an email notification about new premium release, including the download link. 

thanks for your attention
since I am I wanted to recommend keeping a stable version for the stores that are in production and update with security

Hello, DataKick

On latest version ( 1.0.22 ) does not work import reviews:

111.thumb.png.5f30d83712edbfbfd58fe104af308f39.png

In the developer console, I see the following error:

1.thumb.PNG.4b32ba48d8cb02a6392bc3684737dff3.PNG

Prestashop 1.6.1.22

Please check with yourself. Maybe this error  only on my site?

Edited by Sobolev