DataKick

[Free Module] Revws - Product Reviews - PS1.6/PS1.7

51 minutes ago, Daniela said:

Hi, can you put rechapcha in review comment? Thanks a lot!

It's in the backlog, but doesn't have high priority at the moment. Module already uses some security features, such as csrf token to validate that the submitted review  comes from established session. Also, there's no submit form in html markup - submit form is generated purely in javascript. This should stop most of the bots. 

15 minutes ago, DataKick said:

It's in the backlog, but doesn't have high priority at the moment. Module already uses some security features, such as csrf token to validate that the submitted review  comes from established session. Also, there's no submit form in html markup - submit form is generated purely in javascript. This should stop most of the bots. 

Ok, perfect. Can I put the module on home page to show the last review? Thanks, great module!

45 minutes ago, prcwest said:

Hello

does the module inform when there is an update available?

Module has built-in check for new versions. You can check manually by clicking on Check for updates button. There is also automatic check - this one is performed immediately when you open revws page in your back office (but only once every 6 hours). If you don't want automatic check, you can disable it in settings. If there's new version available, there's a purple badge on Support tab. Inside this tab, you can see short overview of changes in new version. 

There is no email notification. I plan to add this to one of the next version, but it has very low priority :)

new-version.thumb.png.9ee818f260ea120627e3893243d185b3.png

9 hours ago, Daniela said:

Ok, perfect. Can I put the module on home page to show the last review? Thanks, great module!

Not the last review. You can display selected review, though. See my previous reply here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/663108-free-module-revws-product-reviews-ps16ps17/?do=findComment&comment=2766385

Edited by DataKick

1 hour ago, Daniela said:

Hi, how i can show more than one review, in a carousel?  Thanks in advance!

You can call the hook multiple times, that'll render multiple reviews. As for the carousel - there's no such feature in the module, but you can integrate some javascript carousel library, and rotate results of those hooks. But this requires some dev skills

10 minutes ago, DataKick said:

You can call the hook multiple times, that'll render multiple reviews. As for the carousel - there's no such feature in the module, but you can integrate some javascript carousel library, and rotate results of those hooks. But this requires some dev skills

Thanks for your time, I'll try something about this ;)

On 5/24/2018 at 2:04 PM, Daniela said:

Thanks for your time, I'll try something about this ;)

I'm working on new custom list feature -- you'll be able to render customized review lists anywhere you need. This list should work as a great source for carousel data  

2 hours ago, DataKick said:

I'm working on new custom list feature -- you'll be able to render customized review lists anywhere you need. This list should work as a great source for carousel data  

I'm looking forward to the next upgrade. Thanks a lot!

New version 1.0.16 has been released

I have released new version 1.0.16. In this version I’ve redesigned review list widget, so it can be used anywhere in your store. This is an important step towards another interesting features, such as review carousel or custom review lists

New displayRevwsReviewList hook

You can now use hook named displayRevwsReviewList anywhere in your smarty templates. This hook will render review list. By default, all reviews are displayed. You can customize it using following hook parameters:

• displayReply - display shop replies or not. Allowed values: true | false. Default true
  • displayCriteria - controls how to display criteria breakdown. Allowed values: inline | side | false. Default value is the one set up in your settings
  • reviewStyle - controls review style. Allowed values: item | item-with-product. Default value item
  • order - how to order reviews in list. Allowed values: date | usefulness | author | product | title | content | grade | id. Default is date
  • orderDir - order in descending or ascending - Allowed values: desc | asc. Default value desc
  • pageSize - how many reviews should be displayed on one page. Default 5 reviews
  • allowPaging - controls if paging is allowed or not. Default value true
  • product - display reviews for specific product only
  • customer - display reviews submitted by specific customer
  • guest - display reviews submitted by specific anonymous visitor

Example usage: to display 3 newest reviews on your homepage, simply enter this somewhere into your index.tpl file in your theme

<div>
  {hook h='displayRevwsReviewList' allowPaging=false order='date' pageSize=3}
</div>

Hello Data Kick

Thanks again for this great module and all the work you are putting in. 

I have some questions. after installing the update. The rating is now visible on the product page, what is great. 

. I have my reviews on a tab and when i click on the read review displayed on the product page, nothing happen.  it would be great if it would lead to the tab where the reviews are. when the tab is open the page is scrolling automatically down. Why is a scroll list displayed on the Rating? would it be possible to display the average rating as a number? or just total ratings

Best regards

Pascal

revvs.PNG

12 hours ago, prcwest said:

I have my reviews on a tab and when i click on the read review displayed on the product page, nothing happen

This is actually theme related. Every theme can implement tabs differently, using different front-end technology, so it's hard to make some generic solution. But I'll fix this for classic theme. Hopefully it will work for your theme as well. The fix will be part of the next release. If you don't want to wait, you can replace file /views/js/revws_bootstrap.js with this

Why is a scroll list displayed on the Rating? 

You probably don't have enough space. Please modify css for this, and add something like this

.revws-product-buttons-link {
  overflow: hidden;
}

would it be possible to display the average rating as a number?

You can copy template /views/templates/hook/product_buttons.tpl to your theme/modules/revws and edit it appropriately

Hello and thank you for your response.

i will have a go and try this.

15 hours ago, DataKick said:

You can copy template /views/templates/hook/product_buttons.tpl to your theme/modules/revws and edit it appropriately

Yes i did not have enough space and i reduced the revws-count-text to 12px and insert a 10px top margin to  /* product extra - right panel */ and it looks great now.

You probably don't have enough space. Please modify css for this, and add something like this

You are correct. i think it is team related. But the other solution below not work for me either.

This is actually theme related. Every theme can implement tabs differently, using different front-end technology, so it's hard to make some generic solution. But I'll fix this for classic theme. Hopefully it will work for your theme as well. The fix will be part of the next release. If you don't want to wait, you can replace file /views/js/revws_bootstrap.js with this

6 hours ago, prcwest said:

You are correct. i think it is team related. But the other solution below not work for me either.

Can you share your website url, so I can have a look?

1 hour ago, prcwest said:

My website is located  here

Very good looking web, great job! Regarding the scroll - please download latest module version, install it, and clear cache. It should work.

4 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Very good looking web, great job! Regarding the scroll - please download latest module version, install it, and clear cache. It should work.

Thank you for looking.

i did installed the last version when you provided the update. since then the rating is showing on the product page in extra content. but it will not scroll to the tab. only when the tab is open

revws.PNG

3 minutes ago, prcwest said:

Thank you for looking.

i did installed the last version when you provided the update. since then the rating is showing on the product page in extra content. but it will not scroll to the tab. only when the tab is open

There may be some caching problem. revws_bootstrap.js file on your site does not match the latest version. It's either cached somewhere, or this file wasn't updated. 

4 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Ahhh, it was my mistake - I didn't rolled last change into the zip file.

This is working perfect. i deleted the version before completely and installed everything new, cleared cache and voila... 

Thank you very much for your support.

Its working Perfectly!!

Hello,

i am not be able to see the Review criteria in the review Tab.

I have 3 criteria but non is shown on the review tab.

Help would be appreciated.

Best regards

Pascal

Found the problem. I missed the language part. I'm sorry. 

Edited by prcwest
Problem solved

Hello

i would like to share the Mexican translation (mx.php and all emails in zip folder) for this great module. This can also be copied to es.php (Spanish).

Still have a question.  I am testing the emails for this module and all subject lines are in English. Did i missed something?  

Best regards

Pascal

mx.php

mx.zip

2 hours ago, prcwest said:

Hello

i would like to share the Mexican translation (mx.php and all emails in zip folder) for this great module. This can also be copied to es.php (Spanish).

Still have a question.  I am testing the emails for this module and all subject lines are in English. Did i missed something?  

Thank you Pascal, it's very much appreciated. I'll include your translation into the next version of the module. Regarding email subject - standard translation process should apply.

1. go to Localization > Translations 
  2. select Type of translation = Email templates translation, language and theme
  3. enter/translate email subjects on the next page, as shown on this image:

transl.thumb.png.070b96f8c34b35b359fbeab901bc5bae.png

12 hours ago, DataKick said:

Thank you Pascal, it's very much appreciated. I'll include your translation into the next version of the module. Regarding email subject - standard translation process should apply.

1. go to Localization > Translations 
  2. select Type of translation = Email templates translation, language and theme
  3. enter/translate email subjects on the next page, as shown on this image:

transl.thumb.png.070b96f8c34b35b359fbeab901bc5bae.png

Tank you very much.

I did translated the subject line like recommended and it still showed in English.

i copied the  folder    ...modules\revws\mails\mx to ...themes/my theme/modules/revws/mails/mx. Now everything is in Spanish but i cannot see my logo neither the product image from the review.

1 hour ago, prcwest said:

Tank you very much.

I did translated the subject line like recommended and it still showed in English.

i copied the  folder    ...modules\revws\mails\mx to ...themes/my theme/modules/revws/mails/mx. Now everything is in Spanish but i cannot see my logo neither the product image from the review.

Found the problem. for some reason there was my admin link in the emails. 

problem solved. link deleted and everything works fine.

i will check the translated emails and upload them again.

Hello DataKick

I have some responsive problems in my account/my reviews.  does this have something to do with my theme? 

the zoom image  and the my reviews table is very big and not fit on the screen.

*edit, is on mobile view.

Any help would be appericated

account.png

zoom.png

Edited by prcwest
forgot content

I have another question.

when i enable CCC to increase site performance, your module is not working properly. I guess its because of the css.tpl? but i am not sure. 

what could be the reason?

Best regards

Pascal

3 hours ago, prcwest said:

I have another question.

when i enable CCC to increase site performance, your module is not working properly. I guess its because of the css.tpl? but i am not sure. 

what could be the reason?

Best regards

Pascal

Thanks for reporting the issue with responsivness. I'll fix this in the next version.

Regarding CCC - what does not work? I've tested the module with CCC (both css and js) enabled, and it works fine for me. What ps version do you have?

Hello, I want ask my customers for reviews by email. In module is written to use send review request module, but that doesn't work on my ps1.7.2.4. Any idea?

3 hours ago, kaczmar said:

Hello, I want ask my customers for reviews by email. In module is written to use send review request module, but that doesn't work on my ps1.7.2.4. Any idea?

Hello @kaczmar,

you are right, the Send Review Request module does not work on ps17. In fact, it does not work on ps16 as well -- it was written for thirtybees platform. You can contact author of that free module and ask him to port it to ps16/17. It shouldn't be hard... Or you can modify the module yourself, as it is open sources, released under AFL 3.0 license.

I can, and I will, remove reference to send review request / krona modules from ps16/ps17 versions of revws module, since it's not compatible. 

BTW, I will soon release a paid version of revws module, which will have this function included. 

3 hours ago, kaczmar said:

https://github.com/SLiCK-303/sendreviewrequest/releases 

try to comment

if (!defined('_TB_VERSION_')) {
	exit;
}

on sendreviewrequest.php and install again..

18 minutes ago, DataKick said:

BTW, I will soon release a paid version of revws module, which will have this function included. 

That would be just great and if I may suggest a feature, sending gift voucher / discount coupon for a review would make it perfect. (after the review is approved of course).

13 minutes ago, mr_absinthe said:

That would be just great and if I may suggest a feature, sending gift voucher / discount coupon for a review would make it perfect. (after the review is approved of course).

Funny you'd mentioned that, this is  another feature that will be part of paid version :)

On 5/29/2018 at 2:55 PM, DataKick said:

New version 1.0.16 has been released

I have released new version 1.0.16. In this version I’ve redesigned review list widget, so it can be used anywhere in your store. This is an important step towards another interesting features, such as review carousel or custom review lists

New displayRevwsReviewList hook

You can now use hook named displayRevwsReviewList anywhere in your smarty templates. This hook will render review list. By default, all reviews are displayed. You can customize it using following hook parameters:

• displayReply - display shop replies or not. Allowed values: true | false. Default true
  • displayCriteria - controls how to display criteria breakdown. Allowed values: inline | side | false. Default value is the one set up in your settings
  • reviewStyle - controls review style. Allowed values: item | item-with-product. Default value item
  • order - how to order reviews in list. Allowed values: date | usefulness | author | product | title | content | grade | id. Default is date
  • orderDir - order in descending or ascending - Allowed values: desc | asc. Default value desc
  • pageSize - how many reviews should be displayed on one page. Default 5 reviews
  • allowPaging - controls if paging is allowed or not. Default value true
  • product - display reviews for specific product only
  • customer - display reviews submitted by specific customer
  • guest - display reviews submitted by specific anonymous visitor

Example usage: to display 3 newest reviews on your homepage, simply enter this somewhere into your index.tpl file in your theme

<div>
  {hook h='displayRevwsReviewList' allowPaging=false order='date' pageSize=3}
</div>

Hi, i found a small problem with two settings from Product listing page, when i select "Render ratinds, but make it invisible" or "Render empty ratings" the blocklayered (filter) from Prestashop don't work. Please check it please. I use Prestashop 1.6.1.11.

Thanks and great module!

4 hours ago, Daniela said:

Hi, i found a small problem with two settings from Product listing page, when i select "Render ratinds, but make it invisible" or "Render empty ratings" the blocklayered (filter) from Prestashop don't work. Please check it please. I use Prestashop 1.6.1.11.

Thanks and great module!

Thanks @Daniela for bug report. I was able to reproduce this on ps16. The fix will be released in next version, sometimes next week.

If you can't wait that long, you can easily fix this. Just edit file /modules/revws/views/templates/hook/product_list.tpl and replace its content with content copied from here

PS: ps17 version is not affected by this issue

Edited by DataKick

16 hours ago, DataKick said:

Thanks @Daniela for bug report. I was able to reproduce this on ps16. The fix will be released in next version, sometimes next week.

If you can't wait that long, you can easily fix this. Just edit file /modules/revws/views/templates/hook/product_list.tpl and replace its content with content copied from here

PS: ps17 version is not affected by this issue

Hi, thanks for your quickly response. I use your concent and now work perfect.

Hi there.

Thank you for this great module.
I'ts work perfectly on PS 1.6, but we have problem with the google structured datas.

In fact, on the
test structured data website, google informed some errors since module is installed:
"Multiple reviews should be accompanied by an aggregate rating "

For information, there is no problem with "product comments" module.
Have you got some issues for that?

Thank you (and sorry for my medium english, I'm french :) ) !

59 minutes ago, Stick-IN said:

Hi there.

Thank you for this great module.
I'ts work perfectly on PS 1.6, but we have problem with the google structured datas.

In fact, on the
test structured data website, google informed some errors since module is installed:
"Multiple reviews should be accompanied by an aggregate rating "

For information, there is no problem with "product comments" module.
Have you got some issues for that?

Thank you (and sorry for my medium english, I'm french :) ) !

My module emits aggregateRating metadata as part of Display Review Average. Please make sure that you display average ratings on your product page - look at module Settings > Product detail page > Display review average in

If you chose Don't show review average than and aggregateRating metadata are not rendered as well. That's really stupid, I'll need to think how to always emit complete metadata, even if averages are not displayed.

rev-avg.png.64cd1072328e87bdf02074b7b161dad8.pngrev-avg-2.png.1ac277c3f7954773ac9c6182efabd964.png

EDIT: fixed, will be part of next release

Edited by DataKick

Thank you for your quick answer.

We have same configuration on Display review average in

So, if I understand it's "normal" with this actual version?

Now, could there is a problem with the google structured datas ?
If Google inform errors, it could not inform the reviews on search Google pages ?

Edited by Stick-IN

2 minutes ago, Stick-IN said:

So, if I understand it's "normal" with this actual version?

Structured data are present and valid even in current version, as long as you have average shown on your product page. See result of google testing tool for my demo site. Could you share your url with me, so I can check this on your site?

Hi everyone, I’ve just released new version 1.0.17

DATA BACKUP

This new feature allows you to export all your data to XML format. Just in case you wanted to change the review module 🙂

In the upcoming version there will be an option to import data from this XML format. Meanwhile, you can use Datakick module for this.

REAL DELETE AND REVIEW FILTERING

As you may know, revws module didn’t really delete reviews, it just marked them as deleted and archived them. Now you have an additional option to really delete these archivedreviews.

I’ve also introduced filtering for backend review list, so you can choose what reviews should be visible. Archived items are hidden by default - you won’t see those red lines anymore (unless you want to).

LIST OF ALL REVIEWS

There is a new page that lists all reviews located at reviews route. You can try it by navigating to https://www.yoursite.com/en/reviews or https://www.yoursite.com/reviews

I recommend you create some link to this new page, so google can find it and start indexing it!

BUGFIXES

• revws did not worked correctly with layered navigation module (ps16/thirtybees)
  • clear cache after GDPR data deletion
  • invalid jquery selector in revws-bootstrap.js file
  • google rich snippets - always render aggregate ratings metadata, even when averages are not displayed on product page
Edited by DataKick

the last version contained serious bug regarding translations. If you have installed 1.0.17 already, please download it again from my website, reinstall, and clear both server and browser cache. That should fix this

On 6/15/2018 at 1:37 AM, DataKick said:

LIST OF ALL REVIEWS

There is a new page that lists all reviews located at reviews route. You can try it by navigating to https://www.yoursite.com/en/reviews or https://www.yoursite.com/reviews

I recommend you create some link to this new page, so google can find it and start indexing it!

Hello DataKick

Thank you for the update. The new review page is awesome and comes in very handy thank you.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:23 AM, DataKick said:

the last version contained serious bug regarding translations. If you have installed 1.0.17 already, please download it again from my website, reinstall, and clear both server and browser cache. That should fix this

I hope this was not of my submitted translations. i did have a problem with one of my translations but corrected this  and was sending it new.

On 6/8/2018 at 3:54 AM, DataKick said:

Funny you'd mentioned that, this is  another feature that will be part of paid version :)

When will be your paid version available? I am locking forward to it.

On 6/4/2018 at 11:48 PM, DataKick said:

Thanks for reporting the issue with responsivness. I'll fix this in the next version.

just a friendly reminder  about the responsiveness. its also not working on the review page.

Best regards 

On 6/15/2018 at 8:37 AM, DataKick said:

LIST OF ALL REVIEWS

Thank you very much. This new page for all reviews is very useful but I have one problem. I can't switch off left column for this page, it is not in theme configuration. How can I do that?

I have a suggestion. You may add a product's category id in database table for each review. This will help you to display reviews from certain category (reviews carousel, in example) on each category page.

Also I wanted to ask, if you implemented Multi Store support already?

And one more: can I answer to customer review?

I would definitely buy paid version of your module, if those features are implemented.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, kaczmar said:

Thank you very much. This new page for all reviews is very useful but I have one problem. I can't switch off left column for this page, it is not in theme configuration. How can I do that?

You have probably upgraded from older version of the module, right? This is a known bug - prestashop registerers controllers only when the module installs. That means that when you upgrade (and new version contains new controller), this controller will not be registered by themes. I'll add some workaround for this problem to the next version. Meanwhile, the only thing I can suggest is to reset the module. That should do the trick. But you might loose the review data. So make sure you export all reviews first

13 minutes ago, fortuner said:

I have a suggestion. You may add a product's category id in database table for each review. This will help you to display reviews from certain category (reviews carousel, in example) on each category page.

It's actually not necessary to store product category in review table, as this information can be retrieved dynamically. I have a plan to add new filter options to review list, so you'll be able to create review lists filtered to particular category, manufacturer, or supplier. 

Also I wanted to ask, if you implemented Multi Store support already?

Not yet. The module works somewhat in multistore settings, though, but the reviews are 'shared' among all shops -- if the product is shared, than the reviews are shared as well. Anyway, proper multistore support is also on my todo list, but it doesn't have too high priority.

And one more: can I answer to customer review?

There is already an option that allows merchants to reply to customer's review. I don't plan to implement a feature that would allow other customers / visitors to comment on reviews, though. 

Edited by DataKick

On 6/17/2018 at 4:03 AM, prcwest said:

I hope this was not of my submitted translations. i did have a problem with one of my translations but corrected this  and was sending it new.

Definitely not :) I've already integrated your translation to the module, your contribution is very much appreciated. I'm sure other spanish-speaking users will be very happy to have this module translated by default.  

On 6/17/2018 at 4:03 AM, prcwest said:

just a friendly reminder  about the responsiveness. its also not working on the review page.

I have already implemented this. I checked your site, and it seems like maybe you have override css.tpl file? Because latest css.tpl rules are not applied for you. Did you copy css.tpl file to your theme directory? If so, please delete it, and create file themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl instead. Every css rule you write to css-extend.tpl file will be appended to standard rules from css.tpl file -- this way you'll be able to update module to new versions and not loose your customization.

When will be your paid version available? I am locking forward to it.

I'll release the paid version in a week or two. I have already implemented Send review request by email functionality, now I'm working on review rewards. Is there any specific feature you would like to see there?

9 hours ago, DataKick said:

I have already implemented this. I checked your site, and it seems like maybe you have override css.tpl file? Because latest css.tpl rules are not applied for you. Did you copy css.tpl file to your theme directory? If so, please delete it, and create file themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl instead. Every css rule you write to css-extend.tpl file will be appended to standard rules from css.tpl file -- this way you'll be able to update module to new versions and not loose your customization.

You are correct. Thank you very much. Works perfect.

9 hours ago, DataKick said:

I'll release the paid version in a week or two. I have already implemented Send review request by email functionality, now I'm working on review rewards. Is there any specific feature you would like to see there?

At the moment i am very happy with the implemented features and looking forward to see review by request and review rewards. On the  review by request would be great, if we could send an auto generated voucher code wit a certain percentage ( for example 5% discount of  next purchase after approved review or maybe a point system where, for example after 5 approved reviews a voucher is generated automatically) what will activate after approved review. But i don't know if that would be possible.

Nice to have:

it would be nice to have edit date field from the review in the back office. at the moment, this is only possible to adjust from the database.

tap to choose  to display the average rating on the product page would be great for example 4.8/5  and not only the amount of reviews. I tried to make something work but i couldn't. :)

I have a couple problems in google but i don't know yet if that's anything on your site.

Google data Highlighter will not display the star rating:

5b292f0d7db9a_datahighligtinggoogle.thumb.PNG.780cdeff4a5e316dd0c60b926b379182.PNG

same product without highlighting

5b292fafa7f87_whitoutdatahighliting.thumb.PNG.f9ded883ccd1628831012a58791ab7fb.PNG

google error on two products what i am still working on

5b292f7dda6bd_googleerror.thumb.PNG.a9b78b9f030b8b35e99fad7f4a9439f7.PNG

The review site needs a little adjustment in responsiveness

5b293006bb677_reviesite.thumb.png.2d41ade8c6c655d26c09986244e7c202.png

and myaccount/reviews/my-reviews on mobile, i will have to take the scaling out. When an product is available for review in my account, the picture on touch is scaling bigger than the mobile screen.

Keep up the fantastic work. 

Best regards

Pascal

Hello DataKick

I have definitively some problems with google. 

i have server error and i think google is indexing the page for example this one  and come back with an Server error (5xx) because there is no review. do you have any sugestions

server error.PNG

56 minutes ago, prcwest said:

Hello DataKick

I have definitively some problems with google. 

i have server error and i think google is indexing the page for example this one  and come back with an Server error (5xx) because there is no review. do you have any sugestions

The page you linked to is rendered correctly, no 5xx error. I've also tested other product pages (without reviews) and they are displayed correctly as well. Both with or without ?show=review url parameter.

I don't think this issue has anything to do with my module. Most probably your server was overloaded at the time when google was scanning your website, and responded with http code 503-Service Unavailable.

Please have a look at your server's error logs to see any hints where the problem might be.  

17 minutes ago, DataKick said:

The page you linked to is rendered correctly, no 5xx error. I've also tested other product pages (without reviews) and they are displayed correctly as well. Both with or without ?show=review url parameter.

I don't think this issue has anything to do with my module. Most probably your server was overloaded at the time when google was scanning your website, and responded with http code 503-Service Unavailable.

Please have a look at your server's error logs to see any hints where the problem might be.  

Hello DataKick

Thanks for the response

i checked the error log and there is nothing in it.

I did test the site before. Yes the rendering is correctly. But without rating like here, its rendered correctly but  the site open and is scroling to the tap with the login link. the link gives me a redirect. Wenn i put a review on the page google says the page is ok. please see the picturereirect.thumb.PNG.e68e785e016279fd70c645f51946002c.PNGreirect.thumb.PNG.e68e785e016279fd70c645f51946002c.PNG

12 minutes ago, prcwest said:

Hello DataKick

Thanks for the response

i checked the error log and there is nothing in it.

I did test the site before. Yes the rendering is correctly. But without rating like here, its rendered correctly but  the site open and is scroling to the tap with the login link. the link gives me a redirect. Wenn i put a review on the page google says the page is ok. please see the picture

This scrolling is expected / wanted behaviour. That's the reason why the link contains ?show=reviews fragment -- to tell javascript on product page to scroll to the reviews section.

The redirection itself is caused because the url contains wrong category (inicio), so prestashop redirects the page to canonical url. It doesn't really matter if there's show=reviews in url or not.

In this case it redirects

https://www.springbreak.com.mx/inicio/65-196-bikini-de-cuadros-tirantes.html

to 

https://www.springbreak.com.mx/estrella-del-mar/65-196-bikini-de-cuadros-tirantes.html

The question is why the link contains this /inicio/ category in the first place. I couldn't reproduce this on your page anywhere -- all links generated by my module contains the correct category, not inicio. 

22 minutes ago, DataKick said:

The question is why the link contains this /inicio/ category in the first place

inicio is the index page ( homepage) breadcrump  index.PNG.f710df6b12b73b5b7e11ac716ed580aa.PNG 

i think this would be Home in English

14 minutes ago, prcwest said:

inicio is the index page ( homepage) breadcrump  

Right, I just don't know for sure how this 'home' category got into your links.

Revws module generates link using standard prestashop way - it just call

$link->getProductLink($productId)

This call returned (at some point in time) url which contained /inicio/ as a category. But now, the same call returns url with different category (estrella-del-mar)

It's possible that when google indexed your site, product with id 65 was  associated with inicio category, so the url (at that point in time) was correct. Google indexed / remembered this url, and periodically tries to re-fetch it. But now it doesn't exists anymore, because product category has changed.

This cause redirect to current url,... google should update its index eventually

Edited by DataKick

13 hours ago, prcwest said:

I have a couple problems in google but i don't know yet if that's anything on your site.

Google data Highlighter will not display the star rating:

You don't need to / shouldn't use google highlighter tool -- revws module already emits metadata for google, so there's no need to 'manually' tell google how to interpret different parts of your page. You'll only shoot yourself to the foot. This tool is useful (as a last resort) only for websites that doesn't have metadata. 

Instead, just use structured data test tool, to see what metadata in the page google can see.

By using this tool I've discovered a bug in my module - when you have multiple review criteria, than metadata for aggregateRatings are wrong. I'll fix this in the next version of module

6 hours ago, DataKick said:

You don't need to / shouldn't use google highlighter tool -- revws module already emits metadata for google, so there's no need to 'manually' tell google how to interpret different parts of your page. You'll only shoot yourself to the foot. This tool is useful (as a last resort) only for websites that doesn't have metadata. 

Instead, just use structured data test tool, to see what metadata in the page google can see.

By using this tool I've discovered a bug in my module - when you have multiple review criteria, than metadata for aggregateRatings are wrong. I'll fix this in the next version of module

Thank you for taking your time. i really appreciate your help and knowledge 

On 6/19/2018 at 1:32 AM, DataKick said:

If so, please delete it, and create file themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl

Another question 

i changed the scroll off set in revws_bootstrap.js  

$('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: top - 320 }, 500);

is there a way to keep this settings in my theme like you recommended with css-extend? 

best regards

Pascal 

11 hours ago, prcwest said:

Another question 

i changed the scroll off set in revws_bootstrap.js  

$('html, body').animate({ scrollTop: top - 320 }, 500);

is there a way to keep this settings in my theme like you recommended with css-extend? 

best regards

Pascal 

You can copy this modified file to your theme: themes/<theme>/js/modules/revws/views/js/revws_bootstrap.js

This way, your file will be always used instead of the file shipped with the module. This should be quite safe, as there is a vary small chance that I will change this file in the future.  

On 2018/2/8 at 5:38 PM, DataKick said:

New version 1.0.2 has been released. You can now migrate review and criteria settings from native product comments module.

Hi @Datakick, thank you for the module, it looks very good and match with my store very well. However I got a problem with approving customer's review. When there is a customer review comes, i can't get any notification at backoffice or find anywhere to approve it, but only a email notification telling me there is a new customer review (still no button allows me to approve it in the email). I am wondering why and how can we solve it. I hope i have made it clear. I am new to prestashop and I am using 1.7.3.3. 

41 minutes ago, Lily Wang said:

Hi @Datakick, thank you for the module, it looks very good and match with my store very well. However I got a problem with approving customer's review. When there is a customer review comes, i can't get any notification at backoffice or find anywhere to approve it, but only a email notification telling me there is a new customer review (still no button allows me to approve it in the email). I am wondering why and how can we solve it. I hope i have made it clear. I am new to prestashop and I am using 1.7.3.3. 

Hi,

please check following:

1) do you have Moderation enabled in settings page?

mod.png.2b1ca165197189e92d50b26879661af6.png

2) do you have Admin notification enabled? Again, check module settings page

3) do you have email templates translated to the Admin language?

10 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Hi,

please check following:

1) do you have Moderation enabled in settings page?

mod.png.2b1ca165197189e92d50b26879661af6.png

2) do you have Admin notification enabled? Again, check module settings page

3) do you have email templates translated to the Admin language?

Yes,  i have confirmed the setting, it's correct. And I can receive a notification email but not able to approve? We can only make moderation via email not back office?And how can I check the email template? Thank you! 

19 minutes ago, Lily Wang said:

Yes,  i have confirmed the setting, it's correct. And I can receive a notification email but not able to approve? We can only make moderation via email not back office?And how can I check the email template? Thank you! 

Of course it's possible to moderate reviews in back office. Simply navigate to Catalog > Product reviews

r.thumb.png.a404933cc1b9cea5282a003cad61adbd.png

25 minutes ago, DataKick said:

Of course it's possible to moderate reviews in back office. Simply navigate to Catalog > Product reviews

r.thumb.png.a404933cc1b9cea5282a003cad61adbd.png

Yes!I see that, Thank you so much! 

On 2018/6/27 at 7:31 PM, Lily Wang said:

Hi, sorry for disturbing you again. I have installed the module and everything works fine now except one problem. When I write a review for a product and approved, there are 2 extactly same reviewing showing on the page, as shown in the picture. We website link is: www.easysmx.com 

Just now, Lily Wang said:

Hi, sorry for disturbing you again. I have installed the module and everything works fine now except one problem. When I write a review for a product and approved, there are 2 extactly same reviewing showing on the page, as shown in the picture. We website link is: www.easysmx.com 

Sorry I am not allowed to upload a picture. You can see that at https://www.easysmx.com/game-headsets/49-27-cool-2000-gaming-headphone-for-pcps4new-xbox-one.html?revws-product-reviews-page-size=5&revws-product-reviews-page=1#/10-color-red

Send Review Request module. Doesn't work with your module. Just crashed Modules page. PS 1.6.1.20

Edited by trace

14 hours ago, Lily Wang said:

It seems like your theme calls the hook to display reviews twice, and ignoring (not displaying) the result of the first call. Although it's not a bug (maybe it is), it's definitely not an optimal way to do things.

Unfortunately, the implementation of this hook is more then a simple view-rendering function, as it has a side effect. Every hook call registers widgets to be displayed on the page by javascript, so these two calls results in registering the same widget twice.  This is a bug in my module, and I have a fix ready. It will be part of the next version

I've just released new version 1.0.18

Enhancements

• sanity checks - detect problems with module configuration - report missing email translations etc.
  • improve review creation experience for multiple criteria - there is now a slide effect between criteria
  • drilldowns - links from review list to product / customer
  • microdata - emit information about worst and best ratings
  • fix translations [nl, de, es, ru]
  • dedicated data export / import page (extracted from settings)

multiple bugfixes

• microdata - render aggregated ratings within with review list
  • microdata - incorrect calculation of average ratings
  • MyReviews page - fix bug with missing product information
  • [ps17] - approve / reject email link don't work

Premium version is coming later this week

as some of you might already know, I’m going to release a paid version of revws module with ask for review by email functionality (and then a couple more features). I’ve just started testing this version on my demo account, and I wanted to ask you for your help and feedback. If you are interested in this functionality, please try it.

There are these areas to test

CONSENT MANAGEMENT

with all the GDPR stuff it’s important to be nice and friendly. That’s why I added support for consent with sending review requests. You can choose one of these consent levels:

• no consent required
  • newsletter subscription is considered consent
  • either newsletter subscription or explicit consent
  • explicit consent

When you choose one of the explicit consent levels, then you will get a consent checkbox on Account creation page, and also additional request on Order confirmation page (but only if we don’t have consent yet)

Also, you customers can unsubscribe from receiving further email requests, so that should help with compliance as well.

consent.thumb.png.b6ee81ae8049bbeb9c259fe4c0d9cd7c.png

ORDER LIST

There are many options to specify for which orders (and when) email requests should be sent. For example, you can define min and max order age, order state, or how long to wait after merchandise was shipped.

To make things easier to understand I added a list of all orders. This list is displaying a stage in which each order is. So you can easily check and see what is going on, why some review requests are not being sent, etc…

srr.thumb.png.0afdef479a90f631054ff5edf128f817.png

EMAILS

And of course there are review request emails. You can, obviously, start review process from there. You can also unsubscribe from further review requests. And, to make things a bit more user friendly, there is auto-logging functionality as well.

email.png.41bc396dda7441731041f1be5fa249e3.png

Hello, I have a problem - when I try to write an opinion, I receive a "Failed to create review" alert but the feedback is sent. Can I ask for help?

4 hours ago, lukash4 said:

Hello, I have a problem - when I try to write an opinion, I receive a "Failed to create review" alert but the feedback is sent. Can I ask for help?

Hello, this kind of errors are usually caused by improperly formatted response to ajax call. My module expects valid JSON response, looks like this:

{"success":true,"result":1}

Unfortunately, php server can sometimes append additional data to the response. This usually happens when DEBUG MODUE is turned on, and your server detects some code smells (not exactly an error, but something that should be fixed anyway). When something like this happen, server can write warning message to the output, resulting in response looking like this:

<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  This is some kind of warning in <b>/www/revws/php/controllers/front/api.php</b> on line <b>45</b><br />
{"success":true,"result":1}<br />

It is (kinda) OK when this happen in normal page render - the warning message would be displayed in HTML page somewhere. However, because this is ajax request that expects JSON in response, this additional data in output makes the response non-parsable.

Note that the error / warning / notice does not need to be caused by my module code. It can be caused by prestashop core code, or even third party module that gets executed via some hook.

How to fix this - first of all, if you have debug mode enabled, turn in off. That should never be enabled on production server. If the error is still there, then open javascript console in your browser, look to Network tab, find the ajax request, and look how the response looks like. That should give you clues what causing this:

error.thumb.png.c83fabe32793984c2b0d3f11865786a3.png

I just started offering Premium version of revws module

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to announce that I’ve just released first paid version of revws module - you can read more about it’s functionality in one of the previous post. In summary, this version can help you get more reviews by automatically sending review requests to customers that have recently purchased your products. 

The development of this premium module is not finished yet - I plan to add additional functionality such as rewards for reviews, posting reviews to facebook, automated backups,… But don’t worry, if you purchase module now you’ll get all future updates for free.

You can purchase this premium version on my  website

PS: you can test the paid module functionality on my demo account

Edited by DataKick

6 hours ago, DataKick said:

How to fix this - first of all, if you have debug mode enabled, turn in off. That should never be enabled on production server. If the error is still there, then open javascript console in your browser, look to Network tab, find the ajax request, and look how the response looks like. That should give you clues what causing this:

Debug mode is off.
I put a screenshot of the error and entries in the console.

rev.png

rev1.png

11 minutes ago, lukash4 said:

I put a screenshot of the error and entries in the console.

Thanks. There is a check at the beginning of the ajax call that verifies if the review can be created or not. If it's not possible to create review (for example bacause this visitor has already reviewed the product) , then 'Permission denied' error message is returned. No review is created, though.

So, if review is created, then there's only one explanation - your browser sends two identical ajax requests almost simultaneously. Maybe you double clicked on the send button, or something like that. The first request goes through and create review. The second request returns error message because the review for this product is already created.

Please have a look at Network tab in your console to see how many requests are send.

I will add a 'debounce' functionality to the module, that will prevent accidental double-click. That's gonna be in the next version.

I have upgraded my prestashop from 1.7.3.4 to 1.7.4.0 and revws module is not displaying in back office correctly anymore. Part of the screen is hidden behind left menu - see screenshot. It was working ok in 1.7.3.4 so it is probably a bug in prestashop 1.7.4.0

5b49f641d07da_revwserror.thumb.png.91b8d333bfb3a8dd88ed5ae0f72f05c4.png:

thank you for your nice module. I have problem in PS 1.7.4, when I click in "write review" the pop up to write review dont work.

It is issue with JS: <a class="revws-product-buttons-link" href="#" data-revws-create-trigger="2">