Exclude Handling costs from free shipping?

oliiix

Dear All

I already posted something similar into the generals forum but it might be at the wrong place there as I cannot get any answers.

I have the problem that we offer shipping (eco and prio) with and without tracking. So speaking of four carriers. I have to add 12.- to the carriers with tracking possibility.
So I have added base prices inside the carrier for all the carriers (7.-). And added handling charges to the carriers with tracking (12.-).

Now we want to offer free shipping starting at 100.- cart value.

BUT: Free shipping also removes the handling costs (which I totally cannot understand as they might have nothing to do with the carrier or shipping itself, at least an option should be given if free shipping also affects the handling costs)

Is there a way (maybe in cart.php) to exclude the handling costs from the free shipping? I just haven't seem to be able to find a way yet. You probably have deeper knowledge of the core code ;)

If you can only point me in direction of  a file, maybe a function name, that should already be enough.

Any help would be much appreciated because atm we are loosing a little bit of money as we don't wanna get rid of free shipping, but cannot charge 12.- for tracking orders...

Ty Very Much :D

OIi

Edited by oliiix (see edit history)