Here is a free module to let you export your products to the Google Merchant Center, and make them available on the Google Shopping market place. It's an evolution to the GoogleShopping module made by Jordi and accessible on the spanish forum. The tool had already been modified by other users.

This module lets you associate your shop categories to the Google Merchant Center ones. It exports price with and without reduction. You can also set a minimum price to filter products to export. You can associate some features value with categories (condition, availability, gender, age group). It offers the attributes combinations management. You can choose to export only one product or one product for each attributes combination.

Last addition to the module is that you can now select the currency (among the available ones) to export in the feed for each available language.

It has been tested on PS 1.5 and PS 1.6, and should also work on PS 1.7. Please report using problems you may encounter as an issue on GIthub or in this thread.

This is how the module works :

- if your products already have a "condition" attribute set in prestashop, then you can indicate it in the module main page, by the way products are exported with your native product's condition value.

- if your products have not any "condition" attribute, and Google asks for it, then you can set the value for this attribute in the module category's configuration form, then each product in this category is exported with this value.

- if your product have no condition attribute, and its module category has no 'condition' value set, then product is exported with the condition value set for its parent category, and so on till the root category.

If all of your shop products belong to the same Google Shopping category, you can just set it for your root/home category, no need to set it for all of your categories. Children categories automatically get the same parameter. The module works the same way for the condition attribute, availability, gender and age_group attributes.

"Default" value means: "Use the product's attribute. If product have no condition attribute set, then use the category attribute value. And if it's not set, then use the first parent category's filled setting." ... Not really clear but should be helpful ?

In other words, If Google Merchant Center doesn't accept your products because the "condition" attribute is missing, then just set the value "new" to the condition attribute while editing your root category in the module configuration page. By the way all of your shop products are exported with the condition attribute set to "new". No need to change the "Default" value for each products category.

In the latest releases (v1.5.6 -> 1.6), the color/material/pattern/size attributes can be mapped to the products attributes OR to the products features, according to your choice. Products features are mapped in the module main configuration page, and products attributes can be mapped separately for each category.

Enjoy! (feedback is welcome )

PS: if you choose to use this module, please uninstall before the existing GoogleShopping module from your prestashop, if any.

Last updates:

- automatically export shipping prices ( Thanks to GuillaumeGBzh )

- all reported errors corrected (16 Feb 2016)

- added currency selection for each available language

- added filters and improvements on products selection SQL query (optimization)

- rounded sale prices adjusted (06 Feb 2016)

- Prestashop' rules compliant source code (by Elitius)

- added products combinations names in exported products names (13 Apr. 2015)

- combinations management improved (01/05/2015) : combinations pictures and links corrected
- ability to attach different products attributes (or attributes groups) to each category
- ability to export product features as well as product attributes
- ability to manually specify the shop's product type (optionnal)

- automatically export prices with or without tax included, following the shop's visitors group setting

Todo:
- add an option to normalise product name

Last dev. version on GitHub (v 1.7.x): https://github.com/dim00z/gshoppingflux/

How to use this module?

- download and install the package on your Prestashop server.

- at first, configure the default products category of your shop in the main module configuration page

- then set the parameters you need to activate

- link shop features in the main module configuration page (if needed)

- edit the main category (root or home) of your shop by clicking on it in the list

- link products attributes in the main category edit page

- then select the needed currencies to export with each available language

- test the feed import in Google Merchant Center

- if ok, configure a cron task to automatically update the feed

Download

gshoppingflux-1.7.3.zip

Edited by Casper_O
fixed links (see edit history)
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Thanks @Daresh - I just noticed myself. It should be fixed now.

I found the thread from when @dimooz maintained the module actively. For some unknown reason Prestashop have made the previous thread invisible, and they don't seems to care to bring it back (Or can't). I asked about it the 22th January and it is still gone... So I took the change and made a new thread with content from the previous. And as you might have noticed i found it over at wayback machine...

Edited by Casper_O (see edit history)

Good morning Casper_O,

i need your help to use as better your module, i have install it one years ago. I need to understand how it works. 

Could you help us to configure it? 

Thank you,

Ambra.

hi @ambra_creative depending on what prestashop you are running, i would suggest that you update the module if your store is at least on the 1.6.1.X branch.

I have some issue reports that it dont play nice with 1.6.0.X and 1.5 due to some recent changes

Hello!

I've installed this module for Presta 1.5 and I have a problem with correct prices. The module exports original product price, it does not reflect any discounts set for a product. Do You have any suggestions how to fix this problem?

Thank You

@agnieszka Hi we might accidentally have broken some 1.5 support while working on supporting PS 1.7 - Could you please tell exact PS version you are running, then i can try look at it when i got time.

@hoodiegamers are you also missing "discounted" prices in your feed, or prices in general?

Hi @Casper_O

We are using Presta 1.5.6.2 exactly. In our feed discounted prices are missing. All products imported to GMC have prices, but the original ones, ignoring any discounts added to products.

Hi, i just pushed an update for gshoppingflux.php to the github repo - could you try to download the PHP file and replace it with the current one in your modules/gshoppingflux folder and see if it helps you with the missing prices.

I have tested it with the following versions: 1.6.0.6, 1.6.1.17 1.7.2.4

I did not have time to setup a 1.5 version yet, but hopefully i will have that running doing next week

https://github.com/dim00z/gshoppingflux/blob/master/gshoppingflux/gshoppingflux.php

11 hours ago, Casper_O said:

Hi, i just pushed an update for gshoppingflux.php to the github repo - could you try to download the PHP file and replace it with the current one in your modules/gshoppingflux folder and see if it helps you with the missing prices.

I did not have time to setup a 1.5 version yet, but hopefully i will have that running doing next week

https://github.com/dim00z/gshoppingflux/blob/master/gshoppingflux/gshoppingflux.php

How do I download the new module? do you have a zip you can send? I dont get how I download from that link?

2 minutes ago, dariodipa said:

hi, i tried, but the xml just exported 74 products of 974, why can be ? 

Do you know why my module section is down looking like this after replacing this file?

image.thumb.png.db5aeab6bdf94fd5186ca5e2d5ddf65b.png

I finally had time to make a new zipfile to download, with the most recent changes. - please check first post for download link (or releases on the projects github page)

On 2/18/2018 at 10:30 AM, Casper_O said:

I have just downloaded it and uplaodet it but it is no where in my modules list under any gflux or google shopping name.....I dont get how I find it down appear anywhere after upload?

@dariodipa Well it all depends on the individual shop, and how you configure the module.

If you did not add manufactor to your products, but set "Export products with no brand" to NO - then the module won't export these. and you might be missing 70% of your products.

I can strongly recommend you to turn on/off the configuration options one by one and see how it affects the amount of products exported.

image.thumb.png.66fadab03290c9248236a6ea8c61fc57.png

Just updated to 1.7.0 and are noticing these issues:

1. When a product has attributes (for example available in 2 colors), the feed/google does not seem to use the actual Referencenumber (mpm) for these, but instead just add -1, -2 etc after the general reference number (mpm). However when an actual Reference (mpm) is already added for each variations, it would also be more correct to use in google shopping. 

2. Products with attributes does not have the "shipping Weight" attribute in the feed, so in Google Merchant Center some products are now being rejected with the Diagnostic error : Attribute "shipping weight" missing.

3. Was trying the new "Generate shipping costs in several countries". Maybe I misunderstand, but is this feature not to include the lowest shipping cost to each country selected in the list?
All country shipping costs is added to each feed, but always in the shop default currency (not converted).

So this means in our Danish feed / DKK (also shop default), it is listed correct (for example 39 DKK), but it also show for all the other selected countries.

However in all the other language/country/currency feeds, the shipping amount will be the same value, but in different currency!. So then it becomes 39 USD, 39 EURO, 39 pounds etc. 

Edited by kmorgen (see edit history)

Hi, the version 1.6.x of this module was exporting well products...but since i updated it to 1.7, it's no longer exporting products...what is the problem ? how can i fix it ? 

Hi! Any chance to get this working with multiple feeds?

Example: I want one XML feed with category A and different XML feed with category B.

Thanks!

@Muluku I have tested the most recent module 1.7.0 version with with 1.6.0.6 and 1.6.1.18 - I can't say if Prestashop changed something in between there, that could be afftecting the module.

@fmoreira86 Sorry no, there is no plan to make seperate/Multiple feeds depending on category etc... Module is aiming for Google Merchant Feeds, and can also be used for Pricerunner, Facebook and others that accept the same feed standard

After a couple of changes, here what i found ! when i set gtin export to No and/or brand export to No, the products are not exported after clicking on save/export. when both features are set to Yes, products are exported ! is it a bug ? or something wrong from my shop ?

It depends on your products.

if you don’t have brands (manufacturers) for your products, and ask the module to only export products with brands, it would not export anything.

same for GTIN (EAN13 / UPC). If you don’t have it in your products it would not export anything if you tell it to only export if one of these values is set.

For better google shopping performance it’s is recommenended to provide as much data possible.

Ok i see! there is not a way to have both features int the exported file but empty ? cause google merchants is asking for it ! 

If you can not provide GTIN and/or Brand for your products, you should set the option as following:

Export products with no brand: YES

Export products with no GTIN code: YES

Set <identifier_exists> tag to FALSE: YES

This should make Google accept them. But if you really want to have the best out of Google Merchant Feed, you should provide both a GTIN and a Brand for your products

Actually all three are set to YES, but google is asking for gtin or brand...i'm not using brand and gtin, so a little problem here :( ! but i will try to add a brand and see how things go !

I tried to add brand to the product i want to export, but i think i have an issue... here what i see in the exported file 

<g:brand><![CDATA[]]></g:brand>

instead may be something like this 

<g:brand>Packtoo</g:brand>

what can be causig this issue ? please

8 hours ago, Muluku said:

I tried to add brand to the product i want to export, but i think i have an issue... here what i see in the exported file 

<g:brand><![CDATA[]]></g:brand>

instead may be something like this 

<g:brand>Packtoo</g:brand>

what can be causig this issue ? please

Hi,
You don't really need to add stuff to the code, it's already there. You have to add a EAN code to every product (or combination) in your database.

Edit: 

Do you guys happen to know how we can import these products into excel? It would be extremely useful.

Edited by antoniopuglisidbcz10
Reasons (see edit history)

@Muluku are you having multi language? Could you provide me with url for your feed and store in a PM ?

@antoniopuglisidbcz10 i am pretty sure you can find a free module that can export products to CSV, these can be read in Open Office/Microsoft Excel, then imported into store again.

@Casper_Oprestashop 1.6.1.17 flux 1.7  for me to have the shipping cost for every product is very very important!

But I've setting Shipping Methods: generate shipping cost in several countries and one country: Italy, but all 

<g:price>0 EUR</g:price> is always zero

I correct myself: It also works for Italy, but we have in our shop also The courier with free shipping (only for Italy) and this courier is always chosen for shipments in Italy, I think because it has the lowest price.

But, as I say to @Casper_O in giuthub, the choice should be the courier chosen for that article. This is because it can be very useful to publish articles with courier "Free Shipping" so google shopping can publish that produt with "free shipping" shipping cost.

I'm encountering a weird problem.
For some reason it's not exporting the entirety of my products (most of the ones that it's not exporting are disabled though). Could it be that the query is too large and it's having problems getting all the data? I've got 3181 products with multiple combinations each.

@antoniopuglisidbcz10 try run the cronjob.php in your browser, if you get a "OK, export completed successfully. XX.XXXXXXsec" message, the feed has exported what meets the requirements.

@centoasa I posted an update on github, it seems like there is some larger changes needed to be made for it to work as intended. Would you mind making a new issue report, to keep things clear?

@centoasa thanks. I just wanted to let you know that I have chosen to delete your recent comment on it as it was not related to the issue.

The issue is related to shipping costs not calculated correctly. Not speed of generating feed.

When that is said.. You mentioned you have around 5k products, and your feed is generated in about 19 minutes. That is araound 4,3859 product/sec.

On a shared server, im doing 300 products in 62 sec. With shipping for 1 country, with 2 carriers, where one one them is excluded. That is 4.83 products/sec.

If we choose "No Shipping" we are doing them in 13 secs. That is how big impact it has on the module, as it is now. We are simulating a "cart" checkout for each product. It takes time and costs on the speed. Its pretty complex right now, and knowing how the bug is acually making a shortcut right now, it wont be faster when it's "done right"

Hello Casper.

I've genersted xml file with Google Shopping Flux and in XML-file it had put in column "link/__cdata" links in format "https://site.ua/index.php?id_product=14&amp;controller=product" but I'm using BASEO module which rewrites links in format "https://site.ua/razvivayushhie-igrushki/loto/igra-obuchayushhaya-gde-moya-skazka-iz-serii-polovinki". So when I'm trying to rich product page with link "https://site.ua/index.php?id_product=14&amp;controller=product" it takes me to the main page but not to the product page.

How can I fix this problem?

@Crenter sorry i dont know that module, a linke would be great.

Google Shopping Flux uses the default way to generate URLS for products, so if the module uses its own and don't override the default method it wont be possible.

On 18.03.2018 at 6:50 PM, Casper_O said:

@Crenter sorry i dont know that module, a linke would be great.

Google Shopping Flux uses the default way to generate URLS for products, so if the module uses its own and don't override the default method it wont be possible.

Thank you for your reply.

I figured out that I need to make manual changes in generated link in XML file from "https://site.ua/index.php?id_product=14&amp;controller=product" to "https://site.ua/index.php?id_product=14&controller=product" by deleting "amp;". After I did those changes everithing works fine for me.

On 27/2/2018 at 3:11 PM, kmorgen said:

3. Was trying the new "Generate shipping costs in several countries". Maybe I misunderstand, but is this feature not to include the lowest shipping cost to each country selected in the list?
All country shipping costs is added to each feed, but always in the shop default currency (not converted).

So this means in our Danish feed / DKK (also shop default), it is listed correct (for example 39 DKK), but it also show for all the other selected countries.

However in all the other language/country/currency feeds, the shipping amount will be the same value, but in different currency!. So then it becomes 39 USD, 39 EURO, 39 pounds etc. 

This sould now be fixed:

https://github.com/dim00z/gshoppingflux/commit/758799a632eac1b61c048b51210a7691e75620cb

@Casper_O

Thanks so much for this module.

I note my xml is not accurate on stock - products with zero stock show 'in stock' for availability. This behaviour seems inconsistent with some products showing availability incorrectly and without a pattern that i could identify.

I use multistore and have the module enabled and configured for one shop.

Any pointers on what to look for please?

Well the whole stock related stuff surly needs a rewrite, i noticed it yesterday when i was working on product combinations.

In your case, you are having multistore - question is if it shares stock between the shops or if it is "in stock" in one store, but not the other one?

• Thanks 1

@Glasso I acually just came across something like that. How is your "Google categories"? Do any of your categories have an "availability" set? if that is the case, please set them all to default, then try generate the feed again. then it should use the quantity available, to determind of the product is "In stock", "Out of stock" or "pre order".

image.thumb.png.1234a30b042f951b3ec8d2d9368205fa.png

• Thanks 1

@Casper_O

That fixes it! Just as in the screenshot above, my Home category was set to 'in stock'. I set it to default now and the xml generates correctly.

It is a multistore that shares stock between stores btw.

Thanks so much for your super quick assistance and for the lovely module.

Doing Easter, I have been working a bit on the module. So far I have not yet released module version 1.7.1 - but all milestones have been reached so far, plus some extra.

I had to move one, since I still needs feedback on how the images path is handled when the store is in a subfolder. Feedback on the solution would be great, both from shops running in subpath and shops running diffrent versions https://github.com/dim00z/gshoppingflux/issues/51

Sadly the way Shipping Calculation is not done 100% correctly when using the method introduced in 1.7.0 and it will not be solved soon, as it requires a lot of rewrite. If some want to help out with this, it would be great - https://github.com/dim00z/gshoppingflux/issues/56

When that is said, what is currently fixed on github:

• Products with attributes now export correct shipping weight
  • Product with attributes, now check if the combination haves MPN
  • Product with attributes, now export correct stock level
  • Shipping cost in converted to other currencies correctly
  • Allow to set manually the filename of XML file, by adding a prefix to the files.
  • Some extra description for some configurations and also updated a few links, so it points to the correct forum thread

Hi @Crenter could you try download the and replace this file in the module? it should solve your issue so you won't have to replace the &amp; with & manually.

Also it would fix a lot of other issues, related to attribute products etc. please keep a backup of the current file, if something else is not working so you can revert back easy.

https://github.com/dim00z/gshoppingflux/blob/develop/gshoppingflux/gshoppingflux.php

Hi Casper, I have an issue with the module. When i export the grill with the prices, the ones that have passed $999 have a space between the first number and the others (ex. $25.000 = 25 000), and facebook doesn't admit it. I want to know if there is any way to eliminate the separation. Thanks. David

@dam374 something tells me you are not using the most recent version - there it list the prices in the feed as 

<g:price>7239 DKK</g:price>

hi, I have a multilanguage site and I want to use xmls for different countries. I can create all xmls if I use price fixed or no shipping methods. But I cant generate with "generate shipping cost for several countries. When I try I recieve a http 500 issue even I change my connection timeout to 30,000 max. so could you please give me an advice how to set up? google asks for shipping prices.

thanks

On 7/4/2018 at 3:37 AM, Casper_O said:

@dam374 something tells me you are not using the most recent version - there it list the prices in the feed as 

<g:price>7239 DKK</g:price>

thank you very much @Casper_O

Hi!

I use this module since years now and always worked with the manual export while handling some "manual" modifications to the exported files.

As of now I want to go with auto fetch by google, I would like o solve the situation.

Specifically, I encounter issues with the link of the products photos.

Specifically, While the web shop is in a subfolder of the main, the export flux module, while exporting and creating the file, it"doubles the path of the subfolder:

A standard link to a product photoof mine should be

http://www.nicolestore.it/designstore/54-large_default/sapone-di-marsiglia-extra-puro-72-all-olio-d-oliva-in-cubo-da-400gr-nature-by-marius-fabre.jpg

the module exports it as

http://www.nicolestore.it/designstore/designstore/54-large_default/sapone-di-marsiglia-extra-puro-72-all-olio-d-oliva-in-cubo-da-400gr-nature-by-marius-fabre.jpg

Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance

Francesco - Nicole design store

Tested on a local server with Prestashop 1.7.3 without working. Installation fail with message "This file does not seem to be a valid module zip", despite making sure it is a zip.

Do you have any suggestions?

On 16/4/2018 at 12:37 AM, Casper_O said:

@nicoledesignstore please try this solution - if it work i can make an PR and close the issue for good:

https://github.com/dim00z/gshoppingflux/issues/51

@tdsoft best way to find out, is testing and please tell if works or  if any issues...

Hi, As of today, it is working. I'll keep you updated. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks again for an awesome module - it works just great on 1.6 and 1.7.

By any chance, did you consider to add "tax" parameter anyhow soon, so it would be also possible to export feed for the US?

Best regards,

T

@Tomasz Pilawa

I have been thinking about, what special needs there is for the US.

Is that where you are located as seller? Or are you just selling to there?

I checked tax definition for GMC and it should only be send for the United states - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6324454?hl=en

But they acually recommends that you set up the rates in your Merchant Center

"If you need to modify or override the tax for a single item, use the tax attribute, which will always override account tax settings. Keep in mind that instead of submitting this attribute, we recommend that you set up tax rates through Merchant Center settings"

posible error si se usa un cron y el modulo google flux esta asociado

Solución 

// - $languages = $this->context->controller->getLanguages();
// - $id_lang = $this->context->language->id;

//Change for :
$languages = Language::getLanguages($active = true, $id_shop = false);
$id_lang = Configuration::get('PS_LANG_DEFAULT');

Cuando hay mas de 3000 productos falla, que es lo normal, se podria hacer que exportara 1 fichero por cada categoria?

o una cantidad de X cada vez hasta teminar de exportar todos?

Hej Casper

Jeg har nu forsøgt at bruge feedet på min anden shop: (har sendt shop navn i pm) men her trækker den nogle helt vilde og anderledes priser. Hvad går der galt? (Se privat besked)

Hvad går der galt med priserne, er det en indstilling jeg har overset?

På forhånd mange tak.

Mvh

Dennis

Hej Casper

Super fedt, at du har lavet dette modul. Et kæmpe skulderklap til dig. :)

Jeg har uploadet og installeret det - men jeg får ikke mine produkter overført til mit Merchant Center?

Jeg er helt ny i Google-shopping verdenen, så det kan være, at jeg blot har overset noget hele elementært. Kan du måske give mig et prej om hvad der kan være galt?

Mvh.

Hi Casper,

Is there any way to get the categories to load and process faster?

We have 11k products and 960 categories.

It takes an age for the module to open after the 'Configure' button is clicked.

Even clicking 'Update' after changing a 'Matching Google Category' tales several minutes to update.

Not a slow server either (dual hexcore with RAID 10 SAS, 48MB of memory) and a typical load of 3.

It's taking about 30 minutes to generate the feed file, our previous module (same server but PS 1.4) made the file in 40 seconds, but won't work with PS 1.6.

This is on PS 1.6

Thanks

Any way of blocking a specific product from being added to the feed?
We have some "extra shipping charges" as separate (virtual) products. Looks strange in FB and GM feeds when those items popup in ads.

Any solution?

Thanks

@dets03ab Your default currency value is most likely not set to 1.

@Malthe84 You would need to add the feed to your Google merchant Account. The module can't do it for you.

@Purechoice search for "gshoppingflux" and it should pop up, else you have not installed it correctly

@Pixel how fast the feed generation is, depends on many things, try set "Shipping Methods" to "No Shipping method" or "Fixed" - then you would have to setup your freight rules in GMC. Generate shipping costs in several countries is acually still experimental and would need some adjustments and is ofthen the reason for the feed generation to take REALLY long time.

@ActionKing you can exclude the "extra shipping charges" default category from the feed, then it dont export them.

@Casper_O Thank you for fast reply.

"The extra shipping charges" product is in the "Home" category since we have set it to only be visible on direct URL access to the product or on specific search in the store.

So for it to be disabled in the feed we will have to make a new "dummy" default category for it and then disable that category in the module on export correct?
Is there a better way to disable specific products, it will be a hastle to move them around to different default categories just to disable them on export to the feed?

Thanks,

@Casper_O Tried your suggestion by disabling the export for the default category the product was in, and it is marked as X in the Category ID list, but it will still export that product to the feed. (Double checked and the specific product is in that category only,  "Home"). 
Any ideas?

Running PS 1.6.1.12 + GSF-module 1.6.2

Is the latest dev version suited/stable for live use now? Can see there is a lot of fixes since the "official" 1.7.0 release which would be nice to implement...

Good Morning,

First of all thank you for your work and the module, it is magnificent and I would like very much to start with my website!

I wanted to ask about 2 things. 1 is that with the new version I do not export the products, only the combinations. With the "official" version you have in the first post if you export me well.

the second is that I can not export the articles to French. I'm doing a great job in translation and I find that in French only exports 2 products. I am sure there is a small error or a failure in me, but I am unable to find the solution. Could you help me with this topic?

I attach images to make it easier to understand.

Thank you very much again!

1.PNG

2.PNG

Hi!

First of all, thanks for the great module!

My problem

If a perfume has two combinations and a wrist watch does not have combinations I can't export these three products at once.

If i tick the "Export attributes combinations" I only get the products that has one or more combination, in this example the two perfumes.

If there a fix for this?

Kind regards//