Multiple currencie

If you want both DKK and EURO in the Back Office, but only DKK in the Front Office, go to Payment > Currencies and set the default currency to DKK, then go to the Modules tab and uninstall the currency block. Customer will then use DKK and not be able to change the currency to EURO.

Alternatively, if you want the customers to be able to view prices on your website in DKK and EURO currencies, but only pay with DKK, then go to the Payment tab and untick EURO for every payment method in the "Currency restrictions" section.

Yeah I saw it was possible if you change the restriction settings.

But If the customer change from DKK to EURO and then go the checkout the system willl say something like:

There isnt any payment option for this country.

So then he need to switch back to DKK before he can pay but that is not very userfriendly and Im sure alot of customers will quit the webshop because of that.

There are two things you could do to solve that issue. You can change the message to tell the customer to switch the currency before checking out, or you can wriite code to automatically switch the currency, though that may be confusing for the customer.

No, I don't. I'm not sure how it's implemented. That makes it hard to help. I guess you'll have to make the entire checkout DKK instead of just the payment step. Is it possible for you to disable the currency option so that DKK is the only option, then write code that displays the price as both DDK and EURO?

• 8 months later...

Dear Rocky,

I too need the exact same solution. I want my customers to browse my catalog in their own currency (as it will be easier for them to compare prices this way), but once they order and confirm, the eventual payment will only be in my default currency.

I tried to do the changes you mentioned, but I am using prestashop v1.4 so the coding was totally different. Could you please update your answer to match the new version?

Thank you
Uditha

• 1 year later...