Slovenian special characters š, Š, č, Č, ž, Ž still not showing up in .pdf files - ISO-639.map file missing

Hi!

I'm a Prestashop user from Slovenia and I've been using Prestashop now for a month. Since the Slovenian language pack downladed from Prestashop.com is not working properly, I decided to do all the translation by myself. All was fine with that, until I tried to print out PDF files (invoice, etc.)

I'm having troubles with getting special characters like š, Š, č, Č, ž, Ž (see the file attached) show properly in PDF files. Instead of those charactes I get some other ones, like Egrave and egrave, for example.

I’ve already tried different combinations of Encoding and Font in BO (PDF Settings for my current language SI), but have had no luck so far.

The ISO 3166 (ISO codes for countries) code is “si”,
the ISO 639 (ISO codes for languages) code is “sl”.

I searched the tools/fpdf/font/makefont to see if there is an iso-639.map maybe there (I'm assuming that maybe there lies the solution to this problem), where all characters for different encodings are defined, but no luck. There is no such file.

Had anyone of you had a similar problem and has anyone managed to solve it yet? I think the solution to this problem could also be welcomed for Serbian, Croatian and other languages which use those special characters in .pdf files.

I would be thankful, if anyone can help me find the solution to this problem.

Thanks and best regards,

Nina

P.S.: if anyone is still having some other troubles, like pictures not showing up after changing to Friendly URL mode or something other, I'll be glad to help you.

28267_2do0Xml4vXmf9oXnxPHF_t

Hi, PrestaTeam!

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I posted this answer to Bugtracker about a month ago, but haven't got an answer yet.

This is a common problem by Prestashop users from Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and other countries that uses those characters.

I'm going to post this question on the Bug tracker right now.

Thank you and best regards,

Nina

Ok i followed this guide
just this step is diferent

3. Edit the file: /config/config.inc.php

it is
 /config/defines.inc.php

and it displays ŠĐŽĆČ but i have problem with euro sign.
Tried some solution from same topic and from here .

Tried different combination in functions iconv(Tools.php) and convertsign (PDF.php) with no success.
Only solution was to replace euro sign in Back Office >> Payment >> Currencies with EUR.

I attached changed defines.inc.php and PDF.php so compare or backup and replace.

pdf.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Razaro, hi!

Thank you for asking. I followed the detailed instructions, changed everything, but unfortunately with no success.

I really do not what else to do. I even tried to follow some other instruction but also woth no luck.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Nina

One more thing - what happened after I had applied the changes was a blank page showing when I clicked on the .pdf invoice. But when I looked in the BO (PDF) I colud see the drop down list with different fonts and iso-. So some changes were seen and they did work, but the .pdf invoice didn't work because all I could see was a blank page.

Razaro, do you maybe know what else could I do?

Thank you,

Nina

• 4 months later...