Prestashop 1.6.1. - Russia mails spams in sytel of prestashop contact form

MartasPayne

Hello,

in last month we recently received these russia mails.
I thought it was just a normal spam, but now I'm afraid because these mail has style of prestashop contact form...
You can see that these mails looks like a mails from prestashop contact form but logos of the mails are changing in every mail. 

Can somebody help me please? Is it dangerous? Was my shop hacked?

Thank you for answers.

mail1.png

mail2.png

mail3.png

1) After integration of captcha, you also deleted the smarty cache of your server and browser cache ?

2) Once your mail-address is listed on their mailing list you will receive spam, but this is not coming from your contact form (it could be a clone fake - check if the sender is your own server IP).  What you can do is to blacklist IP of sender (if it is not yours), or use another firewall possibility on your mailserver (spamassassin, SPF, DNS). Perhaps it is also not a bot, but a kiddy human sending spam from your mailform manually. In this case you can only analyse server logs, on the time when mail was sent and try to discover the IP from this person and blacklist it on firewall, so he cannot access your page. If this user is proficient and using proxies, than the only thing is to ignore the 3 or 4 mails he is sending. It is not a bot, but a human !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello , 

for Mail.ru  or bk.ru

if you do not have customers from Russia , so Fastest solution to go your Geo and block countries Russia , Ukraine , Belarus so it will solve your current spamming problem , since this spammer make lottery spam for Russian speaking country  , they mostly use Russian IP..

This capta was not helping , even blocking contact form , block plugin folder was not helping because they  use clone of our contact form ...

i have change email to gmail and hotmail , at website contact form ... but then less email was coming to it but coming .... so temporary blocking countries helping Perfectly .. 

As i see that your contact form is in Russian means your website also for Russian customers ... so only help to track email ip address and block that IP address in below details you can get ip address and also in google many options ... 

www.cyberforensics.in/OnlineEmailTracer/index.aspx

Edited by bhomrah (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

EI Captcha didn't help. Someone said in another thread you also need to modify your ContactController form. I found a tutorial on how to do it but was getting errors. With another kind soul's help, I was able to add reCaptcha manually. I uninstalled EICaptcha and deleted it to see if manual method made a difference. So far, no spams from Russian spammers.

You can find instructions on how to do it if interested here: How do I integrate reCaptcha v2 into Prestashop?

As to blocking IP address, it has no effect because spammers seem to be spoofing the IP. As to enabling Spam Assassin, I had done it.

Well Captcha usually works but if not just check for a pattern in the "attack". For example they might always use the same email, this is usually not the case but could be. Then modify your ContactController to not react to such spam. I have implemented my own way of detecting Spam and it worked. Spam always has certain patterns.

• 4 months later...