No Newsletter Double Opt-In After Registration

bbs

Dear Prestashop forum,

I've been reading on this forum for months now and I always found a solution to my problems. However for this one problem I simply cannot find a solution. Here's the deal:

1. I want to have double opt-in for customers who want to receive newsletters from us.

2. The double opt-in works fine for the "block newsletter" module. I activated "Would you like to send a verification email after subscription?" and it works fine

3. When registering for a new account and ticking the checkmark "I want to signup for the newsletter" all the user gets is an e-mail saying "Thank you for signing up for our newsletter".

What I want is actually really simple and is required by German/Austrian law and is especially going to get really critical with the new General Data Protection Regulation that is going to be applicable as of May 25th, 2018!

I want the user to confirm his e-mail and that he really wants to receive newsletters from us.

How can I do to this not just for the "block newsletter module", but also for the registration page?

I am using Prestashop 1.6.1.17

Thanks,

Felix

• 3 months later...
On 27/1/2018 at 12:15 AM, bbs said:

Dear Prestashop forum,

I've been reading on this forum for months now and I always found a solution to my problems. However for this one problem I simply cannot find a solution. Here's the deal:

1. I want to have double opt-in for customers who want to receive newsletters from us.

2. The double opt-in works fine for the "block newsletter" module. I activated "Would you like to send a verification email after subscription?" and it works fine

3. When registering for a new account and ticking the checkmark "I want to signup for the newsletter" all the user gets is an e-mail saying "Thank you for signing up for our newsletter".

What I want is actually really simple and is required by German/Austrian law and is especially going to get really critical with the new General Data Protection Regulation that is going to be applicable as of May 25th, 2018!

I want the user to confirm his e-mail and that he really wants to receive newsletters from us.

How can I do to this not just for the "block newsletter module", but also for the registration page?

I am using Prestashop 1.6.1.17

Thanks,

Felix

Did you solve it?

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...