How to combine products to create a pack of products?

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on the forum, because everything else i could find to complete my online webshop! But
now i have a issue that i can't find anywhere, maybe you guys can help me out!

What i want on my site is a option that people can combine products to create a pack for themselves. For example somebody wants to order the Mac-pack on my website for a total price of 900, this is just a example ;), then you can choose if you want it with a extra mouse with it, a usb sitck, a backpack, a keyboard, external webcam or whatever.
So you can totally create your own package with what you like in the package for the example price of 900. I hope you guys know what i mean :) It's too bad the option pack is so limited!

Is this possible within Prestashop? Or maybe a module for this...

This would really help me out.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings Nick

In PrestaShop, it's not possible for customers to create a pack of multiple products as one item in the cart and I'm not aware of any module that does it. I think it would be very difficult to do.

Do you really need to have this option? I think a better solution would be to use attributes or accessories to do this, depending how important it is for them to appear as one item in the cart.

You can add an attribute group to a product called "Extra mouse" with attributes "No" and "Yes" with a price impact on "Yes" of the cost of the mouse. When adding the product to the cart, it will appear as a single product with the attribute "Extra mouse: Yes".

You could also add the mouse, USB stick, backpack, etc as accessories for the product at the bottom of the "1. Info." tab of the product editor. On the product page, an "Accessories" section will be displayed with images of the mouse, USB stick, backpack, etc. The customer can then click on the image to go to that product and then add it to the cart too. The products will be displayed separately in the cart though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rocky,

I also need to get a package in "one product" meaning that when a customer adds a product to the cart the 'accessories' to this product are automatically added to the cart ('packed products' are not added automatically). Is it possible? and if...how can it be done?

This can solv me a big problem of adding a fixed cost to a product which I desparately am try to find a solution for. see:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/66846/configuring___using_prestashop/price__fixed_charge__price_per_item_x_quantity

ThanX & regards

Dan

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...