Error in the middle of updating, 1-click update ( [Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeFiles] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " ")

Dear Forum Members,

I would be really happy if you could help me with my problem. I'm trying to update my prestashop, from 1.7.1.0 to 1.7.2.4 with the 1-click module.

I've downloaded everything manually, extracted them into the autoupdate/latest and started updating. (updating normally gave an internal server error at decompressing the archive, which I could not solve with changing the timeout and memory value in the php.ini)

The manual update works fine, till updating the vendor/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/Yaml/inline.php. Before, it says 696 files left to upgrade. There I get the error: [Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeFiles] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "  Screenshot see attached.

I've tried to update the shop several times, changing the php.ini memory and timeout limit, also changing the prestashop switch for non-native modules. The update always gets stuck at the very same file. Do you have an idea how can I solve this problem? I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Marcell

PrestashopUpdateErrorCutted.jpg

• 1 month later...

you need to locate your servers error log and locate the error.  all you have provided is a generic error that the upgrade module has failed. The failure could be caused by any number of issues, which can only be assessed from your servers error log.

Hi guys,

here the same issue. 

I've tried different ways to fix the issue (read on the forum) but I have the same error always.

1.7.2.4 - > 1.7.3.0

I am really disappointed. Really. How can Prestashop still have errors on a (simply) upgrade?

Anyway, this is my error log file. I don't know if it can help.

21-Mar-2018 12:52:14 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  vsprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/drpbstor/public_html/src/PrestaShopBundle/Translation/PrestaShopTranslatorTrait.php on line 57
[21-Mar-2018 12:52:40 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:52:40 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:52:40 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:52:40 Europe/Rome] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Module\ModuleInterface' not found in /home/drpbstor/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 35
[21-Mar-2018 12:53:19 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:53:19 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:53:19 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:53:19 Europe/Rome] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Module\ModuleInterface' not found in /home/drpbstor/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 35
[21-Mar-2018 12:53:40 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:53:40 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:53:40 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning:  include(): Failed opening '/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/../../src/Core/Module/ModuleInterface.php' for inclusion (include_path='/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/drpbstor/public_html/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444
[21-Mar-2018 12:53:40 Europe/Rome] PHP Fatal error:  Interface 'PrestaShop\PrestaShop\Core\Module\ModuleInterface' not found in /home/drpbstor/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 35

Can someone kindly help me?

Thanks

this looks to me that you have some server side caching active (ie... opcache, cloudflare etc...).  You should contact your hosting provider and ask them what type of php server side caching is active, and then ask them if it can be disabled so you can perform the upgrade.

On 22/3/2018 at 12:42 PM, bellini13 said:

this looks to me that you have some server side caching active (ie... opcache, cloudflare etc...).  You should contact your hosting provider and ask them what type of php server side caching is active, and then ask them if it can be disabled so you can perform the upgrade.

Hi Bellini, thanks for your answer.

Mh, it could be an idea but I tried to upgrade in local (moved all my site on mamp) and I have the same error.

One more thing: if I disable all the modules, I no longer have that error but the upgrade crashes near the end with a 500 error.

Any ideas?

In my case own Apache and ngnix proxied server, there are NO errors in the logs. Only the error screen of Prestashop 1-click-module showing. I retruned to the manual upgrade method. This works better and trespasses this dumb module. The 1-click module never worked correctly. Only on some PS 1.5. and PS 1.6. versions it worked. It is a mess and annoying always to add a new ticket to debug tracker on the same problem.

In my case not a server problem. On same server some PS-versions worked with 1-click module, others not.

@bellini13- Oh yes, I remember that I had an upstream time out error on the proxy logs (upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream),

BUT also by changing time_out to 10000 and changing buffers and connections to a high(risk) value the module ends with same error: " jqXHR: "  AND I never will work with that settings in production. This one I added here, should be work:

PS 16. - https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633856-server-requirements-tested-in-production-for-ps-16/

PS 1.7. - https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633857-server-requirements-for-ps-17/

i have recently performed several upgrades to PS v1.6.1.18 and then to PS v1.7.3.0 (having to do that in multiple steps), using the autoupgrade module, and things are working properly. 

There could be many things that prevent the upgrade from occurring successfully, and there is no easy way to determine what those are, but these are the most common issues..

1) Custom theme or modules are installed.  So remove them completely

2) The server is too restrictive, and does not allow for long running processes.  You need to increase the max execution time (if the host allows you to)

3) Using nginx in full or as a proxy to apache adds complexity, and now you have to consider many other factors.  I would suggest running the upgrade in fast cgi/fcgi mode and remove nginx from the equation completely.  (You can re-enable nginx after the upgrade is complete if necessary)

Before I upgrade I always deinstall third party things. Furthermore it is not necessary to do that if you are upgrading within same version. There should be no problem with the 1-click module in this case, unfortunately it's not. As I said this module never worked well.

For 3) this is a variant which I've already tested. Changed all server settings and upgraded only with Apache on su-php-mode. This could be a solution for that having own server, but not really a solution for users sharing webspaces.

Furthermore before I change all my server settings, I prefer to proceed with manual upgrade. In this is spend fewer time.

• 4 years later...

( [Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeFiles] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " ")

Turning off all caches worked for me. Upgrading 1.7.8.8 to 8.0.2

Back Office/Advanced Parameters/Performance turn off all cache including 

* Smart cache for CSS

No

* Smart cache for JavaScript

No

* Apache optimization

No

It worked for me. 1054489216_Screenshot2023-03-19163039.thumb.jpg.8553d6442ad09fb809a5ea127d0f1d14.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I too have

[Ajax / Server Error for action unzip] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:" " jqXHR: " undefined"

Setting the following

* Smart cache for CSS = No

* Smart cache for JavaScript = No

* Apache optimization = No

These by default are already set to 'No'

It does not work for me.

PS Admin, please take note that 1-Click Upgrade v4.15.0 does not work. Sort it out, it is one thing that has never worked properly ever ???

I think  errorThrown:" " jqXHR: " undefined" is probably a timeout error.

You could try making your own backup and selecting to not to let the 'updater' create a backup. That will save a lot of time. If you have tried multiple times to update there is a folder public_html/YOURadmin/autoupgrade/backup that has some big files in there. I deleted a lot of mine to save space.

Good luck

In talking to my hosting company, they say it is well known of the high bandwidth that is required to a PS upgrade.

They suggested waiting until there was a quite time, like 2am in the morning.

Sure enough everything upgraded perfectly.

In the future I must perfect the manual upgrade procedures.

But to put the dampers on it, I was upgrading from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 which worked OK, only to find that 8.0.2 crashed. I have now found that the rollback function worked great, back to 8.0.1 but very very slow. Went and had some sleep, and it was still rollingback.