Need Fraud Detection Module in PrestaShop

We are migrating our store from Shopify to PrestaShop due to cost. We are using FraudLabs Pro in Shopify to screen all orders for credit card fraud and prevent it for chargeback.

Does PrestaShop has integrated solution to call FraudLabs Pro API in every order?

Such modules are really very suspect. The false positve are more than on false. Yes Prestashop has such module, but the problem is the database behind. It could  block more than it is whitelisting, so you loose customers.

Paid solutions:

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=fraud

On PS 1.5 and 1.6. you will find free on board module Prestashop Security. This module uses an accurate database for France. For other countries it is worse to use.

There is a service called minFraud offered by MaxMind

https://www.maxmind.com/en/minfraud-services

I have created a module for this service that integrates into Prestashop.  There is no automation, but the module allows you to run a fraud check once an order has been placed, from the back office order details page.  The module will send various customer and payment information to the service, and the service will return a riskScore.

Like selectshop said, there will always be false positives, but for the most part I have trusted that when the score is too high, that I should void/refund and cancel the order. 

Whats nice about this service is that you can run fraud checks on their website.  I would suggest you do that first to see how you like their services.  Then if you are interested in the module, feel free to contact me

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/21/2018 at 12:26 PM, bellini13 said:

I have created a module for this service that integrates into Prestashop.  There is no automation, but the module allows you to run a fraud check once an order has been placed, from the back office order details page.  The module will send various customer and payment information to the service, and the service will return a riskScore.

Like selectshop said, there will always be false positives, but for the most part I have trusted that when the score is too high, that I should void/refund and cancel the order. 

Whats nice about this service is that you can run fraud checks on their website.  I would suggest you do that first to see how you like their services.  Then if you are interested in the module, feel free to contact me

Great service, I have used this company for my main online business for many years.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:38 PM, Skafander said:

I see that Fraudlabs pro module have been removed from presashop, does anybody knows why?

It looks like PrestaShop removed free modules from their marketplace.

The latest FraudLabs Pro module is still working and I can download it from  https://www.fraudlabspro.com/supported-platforms/prestashop

• 1 month later...

Honestly I've tried NS8 for 2 months, they don't work on our market yet. I mean their service is not effective. About FraudLab they are not recommended by presta, also I have doubts if they can be used ex. in EU, due to looks like they are sending data of customer and processing them at their server. Also their module it's not longer available on the prestashop addons. We are continuing with manual fraud check for now, until we'll find some solution working on LATAM.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:26 AM, bellini13 said:

Can I receive any info on that?

Il y a 15 heures, Skafander a dit :

Honestly I've tried NS8 for 2 months, they don't work on our market yet. I mean their service is not effective. About FraudLab they are not recommended by presta, also I have doubts if they can be used ex. in EU, due to looks like they are sending data of customer and processing them at their server. Also their module it's not longer available on the prestashop addons. We are continuing with manual fraud check for now, until we'll find some solution working on LATAM.

You know that the modules offered free of charge by PrestaShop pay the right to be only the Addons platform and that this does not mean that they are selected for the quality of their development or support. It's just disguised advertising.
For example, if a service provider pushes a customer to subscribe to the new PrestaCheckout service offered in partnership with Paypal, he will receive 300€, so you can imagine that all the professionals who actively offer PrestaCheckout are not credible and do this only for the money and not because the service and great.