Delete install folder from localhost

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install prestshop for the first time on my local machine and experiencing issues with changing permissions/deleting install folder after installation completed.

I am using XAMPP as a localhost.

Everything went smooth to the point till I had to delete the install folder, however I can't change the permission as it's always comes with an error that I don't have the permission to change the permission.  I am able to change the permission on all other files which are not within my prestshop.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 12.24.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 12.26.20.png

I assume you are using MAMP?  If so, try to stop the MAMP services and then delete the install folder.  If that does not work, then perhaps you should visit MAMP or MAC forums, as this issue is unrelated to Prestashop, and more related to the use of MAMP on your MAC

I do not know if this will help, but I also use MAC and XAMPP.

My solution was to give full permissions to the folder prior to "Install", I mean the folder that contains it in my case my "PrestaShop" folder. 

I right-click this folder, click on "Get information", then in permissions I have added all possible users "admin", "_mysql", "user (me)", "everyone".

Then I have unlocked the small yellow padlock, and click on the small gear wheel, and click "Apply to the included items..." This is going to apply the changes to all the folders inside your PrestaShop folder. Then you have to be able to delete it.

Hope this work for you. 

Also, I'm having a problem to access to my admin page that can´t resolve :( hope someone here could help.

Regards!

PS. Tell me if you misunderstand something.

Hi All, thanks for your support. 

I have managed to delete the folder after using the MAMP instead of XAMP-VM so it's all working locally now and on live server too.

With XAMP I have tried delete, rename the install folder or re-install the whole shop and tried again but none of those worked, no sure.

Thanks for help.

• 2 years later...

In XAMPP-VM

Make sure the XAMPP app is running then:

Under General Tab, in XAMPP app, click Open Terminal

A terminal will be launched with something like, root@debian:~#, on the terminal shell

on that terminal shell, type, chmod -R 0777 /opt/lampp/htdocs/ and enter

Exit, the terminal and you be good to go

Source: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9046977/xampp-permissions-on-mac-os-x