Customized fields cart summary labels

TheotV

Hi everybody,

I've been searching my socks off on Google, in the forums and the Prestashop code lately to get this solved, but I can't seem to find a solution. So as a last resort I am posting it here again and hopefully someone can provide me the missing link.
Some info first: we are using Prestashop 1.2.5.0 for our shop that will soon be openened. I am aware that there is a new version of Prestashop available, but I am not sure the problem is solved there (don't even know how I can find that out without installing it). Second: we prefer not to upgrade the shop-software now because we are close to opening it and rather not take the risk of introducing new bugs/issues.
So hopefully this can be solved in version 1.2.5.0.

In our shop users can customize products to their liking. We use the built-in customization option from Prestashop for that. When opening the product the product-details are shown with the customization-fields (see: product-details.jpg). The user can save the customizations and add the product to the cart then.
But when the user opens its cart and the cart-details are shown the customization labels are shown like "Text #1", "Text #2", etc. (see: cart-details.jpg).
I think a customer wants to be sure exactly what he's paying for and want to check that in the cart-details. So I don't think this is acceptable.

I contacted CTDAN (http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/53693/development/solvedcustomized_fields_cart_summary_labels) who claimed to have this solved, on private message. He told me that the customization label is stored in a variable $textField.name in the array typedText and can be shown in the cart. In my search through the prestashop sourcecode I came to the same conclusion. But when I try this, somehow this variable is empty and thus nothing is shown on the screen.

Now I have been searching in the code for the place in which values are stored in "typedText"-array. But I get stuck. Can't seem to find it.

And now, hopefully, someone out there can tell me where this should be done. And how :-)
Or maybe I am thinking in the wrong direction anyway and need another approach to solve this.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance.
Theo

27935_XLeUpAPjhsQaELuM7tfs_t

27936_0QSXwlhLQEQ2NECBgcjW_t

Hi all,

Seems like my previous post didn't get any replies yet. Was it too long? Wrong forum? Or was my English too clumsy (I am Dutch after all). Hopefully it wasn't because there is no answer to my Prestashop question.
Still hoping someone will provide me the missing link/hint.

Regards,
Theo

Hi,

Sorry about the late reply; I have been away for a while and wasn't able to post a message.

According to Rocky this bug has been fixed in version 1.3.2. Is that the right version? I was thinking this one hasn't been released yet. Or is this a pre-release version?
Where did you find out the bug has been fixed? I couldn't find it in the bugtracking-site. Or did I miss something?

Anyway. I'd still love to fix it in 1.2.5.0 if possible. But since I get so little replies I'm beginning to think this could be a bit difficult.
Anybody have a clue??

Thanks again,
Theo

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...