PHP Error While Upgrading Version

aee156

Hi, 

I have a dedicated server with around 60 PS installs that are all PS Ver 1.5 and 1.6. At this time I have to put a line in the .htaccess file to run php5.3 or the shops throw errors and blank screens. I just purchased a new server and they do not service php5.3 only php5.4 or higher. If I transfer the sites they will all break. I am getting the following errors now Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/account/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 217

Any ideas how to fix this so my shops with work. I have both the pdo_mysql and gd extenstions installed. 

Reading this I can only wonder what you are thinking. Different PS versions have the code on different lines. So an error on line 217 says nothing if you don't know the Prestashop version. It would be even better if you would show the error message and the code of that Prestashop version around that line in a picture as few people have the dozens of PS versions all installed.

In addition I would expect you to your homework. What Prestashop versions give problems? And if some versions give sometimes problems it might be the theme or a module that is the source of problems. 

I have around 60 - 80 PS Stores all ranging from version 1.5 to 1.6. None of them work without using PHP 5.3 and I need them to work on PHP 5.4 or higher. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their server upgrading their PHP version. 

Errors I get are a blank screen, when I turn on error reporting in the settings.inc.php file, I get this error (PS version used is PS 1.6.0.5
Warning: PDO::__construct(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [mysql_old_password] in /home/username/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 44
Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client

If I add the htaccess code to change the store to PHP 5.3 it works perfectly. 

28 minutes ago, aee156 said:

Found the fix through another thread. I just uploaded a new php.ini file to my sites root directory. Fixed! 

why not actually provide the solution.  you came here seeking help, why not help the next person by documenting your solution...

• Like 1