[SOLVED] How to Create a New Module Block?

jAllen

Hey there!

my site is www.wootcartoons.com/prestashop

I was wondering if there is anyway to create a new module block? If so, how might I go about doing this?

Aside from that question, is there any documentation on edits other than the forum that I might be missing?

THANKS in advance!! :)

~Jenny

If you are not a programmer you can always duplicate a current module, a more basic module that shows text or a support link or something, and then you can display your custom content in there, otherwise, take a look at the php file in each module, they create a new hook and link it to other hooks (top, home, footer, left, right etc.). I myself am not so good at it, but hey, I try:)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I wouldn't call myself an experienced programmer by any means, but I do know code and can get my way around for the most part. Sometimes I just need some direction... :)

I ended up taking my whole prestashop installation down and restarting with a fresh copy. I had a few other questions out on the boards and one ended up in "your site is really messed up (though I'm not sure how exactly) and you should start with a fresh copy. You have an old version of prestashop." soooo... i'm rebuilding now. :)

Thanks again!!

Indeed, I also have a few problems, which I can't seem to solve, and apparently no one is experienced enough to answer :)), or the right people aren't looking.

I've been spending the better part of the week to find out how can I call a custom cms id to show up in a custom created tpl file. And yes, how to extract the main category name when I am on the ipod nano product, which resides in ipods category.

http://prestoquartz.hostingpower.nl

weird.