[solved]Timeout and Save buttons

wacommunication

Hi everyone,

I cannot work anymore on my products and save them, the save buttons keeps turning and a timeout alert come after about 45'.

I've tried to check the conflit between modules, the server settings, took a look at the DB (not all of it), turned the DEV alerts to true, but i still have a timeout warning when i try to edit my products combination, name, price... I've found many solutions proposed, Chrome problem, form, product.js, memory_limit,..., but none of them worked out and the worst is that i do have a dev site with same server settings that is working fine.. Only difference is the DB that isn't used, except for test.

Does anyone have an idea that would solve a problem shared by many ?

Thanks

Arnaud

Devshop with no data should run well. Liveshop with data could have problems on same server. So a install with no data is not a guarantee for that the server fits.

1) Prestashop version ?

2) Server settings ? Settings you checked are taken from where ? Shared server ?

Here you will find tested server settings:

PS 1.7:  https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633857-server-requirements-for-ps-17/

PS 1.6.: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/633856-server-requirements-tested-in-production-for-ps-16/

3) Tried to disable non-native modules and overrides ?

4) Checked server error logs ? Checked for broken tables on the specific database ? (you can do this with phpMyAdmin - tutorials you will find by Google search)

Hi @selectshop.at

Thanks for the details about server settings.

I was turning crazy, the PS version is 1.6.1.4, i had tried to disable the non-native modules, checked the error logs, connected the test site to the database and saw that the problem was coming from it.  

I checked server logs again and found out that something was wrong with the attributes. I checked the combinations tab and it wasn't working anymore. I should have checked all the tabs first, I wouldn't have lost so much time...

So i tried to import the attribute tables of the database used for the shop into the test site and found that the attribute_lang was much to heavy, so it was making the combination tab unable to load and bringing the timeout error.

I do have a special configurator module for my products, as they are tailored to your needs and the attributes are linked to each simulation made. So i cleaned the database table with the only attributes needed for the existing products and TADAAAAM ! Problem solved !!!

Now i'll try to protect the module and the cart from robots to try to reduce the number of products created, so that i won't have to clean the database too often.

Thanks to have taken time to give me an answer !

Edited by wacommunication
Error giving details (see edit history)