Prestashop 1.7.2.4 HTTP ERROR 500- PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 125

mnelly

I have finished with the configuration of the latest version Prestashop v1.7.2.4 in my local and already tested well. I use the default classic theme.  I really like the simplicity configuration of the new version 1.7, it's really simple and fast, comparing with the older version 1.5.x and 1.6.x, although there were still bug and workaround required in some areas. But today, i am stuck in the last step to migrate from the local to the server to make it live. 

So, these were the steps that I have done today : 

1. uploaded from my local wamp server  to \public_html

2. copy all my data from the local to the server (using the PhpMyAdmin export and import functions)

3. i have set the database name, user and password in the app\config\parameters.php

4. i have also updated the ps_shop_url with my website domain name (e.g. www.domain.com)

5. i have deleted the htaccess file

Then, i tried to access the site. The result is this error message in both front office and back office : This page isn’t working, currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500

I checked the error log in public_html,  It shows : PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ':' in public_html/config/config.inc.php on line 125

The coding of line 125 config.inc.php is : 

define('_PARENT_THEME_NAME_', $context->shop->theme->get('parent') ?: '');

Can somebody help me to solve this issue ? I am not expert in programming. Need help.......... Thanks.

I have switched the server to Php Version 5.6.32 and already setup the Php.ini file. Thanks for the suggestion, at least it moves forward.......

The front office error is different now : "The requested URL /en/ was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."    Do you have any idea, what's wrong with the /en/ ?  It's the english page.   I set the ps_shop_url without /en/ , only www.domainname.com.

Now, the backoffice works with many strange behaviour. The submenu doesn't work at all. So, when you mouse over the menu, the sub menu doesn't show up.  When i clicked the menu catalog, Http error 500 pops up. May be somebody can give me some advise.

I guess this version, configuration on the business side is easier, but technically so complicated to get it up and running.  I am thinking to stay with the 1.6 and wait for the next better, more stable and technically easier to get it up and running

Thanks

Aha... thanks, you're right........  forgot to turn off the Friendly URL. 

Just updated the ps_configuration PS_REWRITING_SETTINGS to 0 (because i can't access the backend menu Shop Parameters).  The site is now WORKING with some broken product images (don't know why).

I would like to regenerate the product image, but the backend submenus is not working, it keeps loading (the circle cursor keeps loading).

I guess it would be better to post a new topic for the backend submenus issue.

Thanks very much !