PrestaShop 1.7.2 and PayPal

faramir741

I'd like to be able to process credit card transactions directly on my site using PayPal as the processor.  I've installed the free PayPal module for 1.7 and it allows me to do express checkout, but it takes customers to PayPal's website.  Some customers dislike PayPal, so I want an option to checkout directly on my website.

It seems the 1.6 version of the free module could do this, but the 1.7 version cannot.

If it can't be done with a free module, are there any recommendations for a paid one?

I don't see a free Braintree module that does this either.

I'm starting to question my choice of Prestashop.  You have to buy basic solutions that are free in other shopping carts.  Paypal, USPS and UPS shipping calculators - why were these available and working in 1.6 but are gone from 1.7?

• 5 months later...
On 12/29/2017 at 5:32 AM, faramir741 said:

I don't see a free Braintree module that does this either.

I'm starting to question my choice of Prestashop.  You have to buy basic solutions that are free in other shopping carts.  Paypal, USPS and UPS shipping calculators - why were these available and working in 1.6 but are gone from 1.7?

I am looking into prestashop and this topic seems to be significant. Lack of basic modules for north america such as PayPal, UPS, USPS, and Fedex. I'm trying a demo now but these could be deal breakers.