Prestashop as ERP/CRM and production planning - Developer wanted

n.rosenfeldt

We are looking for a freelance developer to help us finish our Prestashop system.

The plan is to use Prestashop as the foundation for our printing production.

We have most of it set up, but we are still a bit far from the goal.

What we are looking for right now:

- Merge two multistore shops and their databases.

- Setup a production planning environment based on orders with a given status

We know what we want. And we have a basic idea as to how to get there.

But we need a developer, who understands our needs, and is able to get the ideas further.

We are based in Denmark. You are maybe based in Eastern Europe.

We will come to you to set you off and have a meating with you.

More info to follow, if you are the developer, we are looking for.

Sorry, but you never will get Prestashop working as a fully ERP with production planning ressources. Prestashop is a shopping cart solution. Do it by another way, i.e. think in the opposite way: Take for ex. odoo or openZ and connect Prestashop to these fully ERP's

Free odoo connector: https://www.odoo.com/apps/modules/9.0/connector_prestashop/

https://github.com/OCA/connector-prestashop

Paid odoo connector: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/third-party-data-integrations-crm-erp/8056-odoo-openerp-bridge.html

https://www.techreceptives.com/page/odoo-prestashop-connector

Free openZ connector: The connectors for odoo should be server also openz and openerp, as odoo and openz are both fork of openerp

I don't agree.

ERP/CRM is maybe too strong word in connection with PrestaShop, but it is perfectly possible to use it for production planning. Of course, everything depends on exact requirements.

What you need? You need to use existed data (orders) and prepare an output (PDF, email, web service request).

Fully ERP means - accountant services, quality control, production planning with ressource planning (planning and purchase of raw material/production articles), interface to fiscal authorities, etc. This you will never fulfill with Prestashop....

In this case I will rather take an ERP and than connect Prestashop via webservice or already available module. BTW odoo has a simple shopping cart solution on board, more comfort you will get with Prestashop

I failed to mention, that the economic side of the ERP is existing already, and we have the required integration with Prestashop.

The orders from our customers will be made in Prestashop. So we might need to alter the backoffice a bit, so it is easier to do from there. 

Our orders are then converted to purchase orders, which are shipped to our suppliers. This is working.

Some of our orders are packs of existing products. Where some has to be ordered in advance. We are doing this by email and spreadsheets today. This is also possible to do better in Prestashop. 

Of course there are many other systems, which could solve it all.

But I have been using Prestashop for many years, and I think I know my way around to make it suit our needs. I lack the progamming skills to make it do it :-D 

Thank you for your comments :-) Everything helps!

Simply, there are two tasks:

No big deal. It just takes some time.

Get orders, products and prepare a requested output. With precise definition, it should be perfectly doable by a module.

2 hours ago, selectshop.at said:

I don't understand... your ERP does not have pps integrated ? You can manage all by that. Or it's not a fully ERP, and only an accountant system ? Which ERP are you using ?

We have a stand alone accounting system. It handles orders and accounting. 

We can export from PS as order or invoice. So we'd export the invoices from PS to our accounting system. 

Inventory will be handled "manually" by value of the stocked goods. 

Again; This company has until now managed everything in spreadsheets and word documents. So everything will be an advancement. 

2 hours ago, tuk66 said:

Simply, there are two tasks:

No big deal. It just takes some time.

Get orders, products and prepare a requested output. With precise definition, it should be perfectly doable by a module.

Yes. That is mainly it. 

I forgot one detail. Every morning we recieve new orders from our customer by XML-files and as hard copy in our printer. 

These files and their attached PDF files (print production) is also in a SQL database. We would like to automate this and "grab" the data from the SQL database and put them in as orders with the attached products. It is not a simple task. But it is doable. We can get the customer to export exactly as we'd like it.  

If nothing else; This is an exiting task :-D 

8 hours ago, n.rosenfeldt said:

We have a stand alone accounting system. It handles orders and accounting. 

We can export from PS as order or invoice. So we'd export the invoices from PS to our accounting system.

So it's not an ERP.but an accounting system. So you have two options: Take a full-fledged ERP with PPS, or have a customized module for your requirement.

If it where my customer, I will opt for first option, cause it is standard and you never will have problems with upgrades. Second option is bound to the PS version in use. If you upgrade to a higher version, than you will need to adapt the module and spent money again.