[SOLVED] How to change the default email address for my shop

When I installing the prestashop 1.3.1 I used my gmail address and it became the admin user name. However, after my shop is up, the prestashop uses my gamil address as default email address and sending emails to customers. I want to use my shop email address (e.g. [email protected]) as the default email address for sending emails to customers. How can I change this default email address for sending mails out? Thank you so much!

By the way, I use PHP mail() function for sending emails.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone problem with changing the Store contacts in PS 1.5.6.2?

I have tried to change it but it changes back everytime. Same with the E-mail under Advanced Parameters.

I have emptied my cache and stuff like that but those to fields dont want to change my e-mail. What am i doing wrong?

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Has anyone problem with changing the Store contacts in PS 1.5.6.2?

I have tried to change it but it changes back everytime. Same with the E-mail under Advanced Parameters.

I have emptied my cache and stuff like that but those to fields dont want to change my e-mail. What am i doing wrong?

I have same problem. I found fix but that not help on my case

There are a few reasons why Prestashop cannot send emails from your server, the most common ones are:

• "From" field doesn't match your domain.
  • Incompatible additional headers.

Below are solutions to both:

In /tools/swift/Swift/Message.php line #79

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

$this->setFrom("[email protected]");

In /tools/swift/Swift.php after line 370
if (!($has_reply_to = $message->getReplyTo())) $message->setReplyTo($from);

Add the following code:

if (!$has_reply_to[0])

$message->setReplyTo($from->getAddress());

Edited by kelpotek (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Am with 1.6.0.9 and these issues have been driving me bananas too.

- Emails failing under PHP due to the DMARC issue (so shop emails to Hotmail and AOL addresses et al will certainly fail)

- Editing email in STORE CONTACTS is not stored

... have just fixed both by diving into the database and manually changing ****_configuration ... entry 357 - PS_SHOP_EMAIL to "[email protected]"

Now transactional emails get through and Store Contact has been changed ... and yes, this issue is still not fixed by Prestashop even in 1.6.0.9

• Like 1

- Emails failing under PHP due to the DMARC issue (so shop emails to Hotmail and AOL addresses et al will certainly fail)

... have just fixed both by diving into the database and manually changing ****_configuration ... entry 357 - PS_SHOP_EMAIL to "[email protected]"

Now transactional emails get through and Store Contact has been changed ... and yes, this issue is still not fixed by Prestashop even in 1.6.0.9

My version was 1.6.0.5. I update to 1.6.0.9 but no change on that email problem so I change that same thing into database few days ago and it help. Sorry to forget tell it here  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In my Prestashop (1.6.0.8) it was entry 355 in the ps_configuration. Changed the value and it worked like a charm! Please repair it in future.

• 7 months later...