Gary

I don’t no much about all this internet stuff, normally I am a happy go lucky bloke but recently I tried to buy a outbound motor with some very hard earned money I thought very hard about spending this amount off money before Christmas. I picked the motor I needed and in good faith transfered $1908 to a company called Suzuki outboarding there website was done though prestashop turns out that they went bust years ago now I’m trying to get my money back,I would rather the motor. The money went into the account Blaz Consulting pty Ltd Australia bsb/033083 acc/406276 Westpac bank south Yarra Melbourne . Three days after I paid for the motor this website was shut down by the host Presta shop , I need my money back so that I can go through a good outboard dealer . Sincerely Gary Fellows ( [email protected] ) help me please 

Hi Gerry 

Sorry to hear about your case and that you lost money.

With google search I found this https://www.boatsales.com.au/editorial/details/fraudulent-suzuki-outboard-sales-in-australia-56673/

And not sure if there is anything we can do here, it is free to use  PrestaShop software. And I do not understand part "was shut down by host Presta shop " ?

If PayPal you could file a dispute.

Edit: i have missed tag suzukioutboarding.com.au

I assume the website was on the old Prestashop Clour, which was shutdown.  Either way Prestashop is not responsible for the business practices by merchants that use the software.  I realize that is not very helpful to you, but if you are here looking for Prestashop's help to locate this business, then the forums are likely not the right place. 

I would contact PS support, and perhaps a lawyer who might be able to help subpoena PS in order to get information about this business.  However I doubt that will be helpful.  

How exactly did you pay for this motor?  You stated you transferred money, did you do some kind of wire transfer?

2 hours ago, bellini13 said:

I assume the website was on the old Prestashop Clour, which was shutdown.  Either way Prestashop is not responsible for the business practices by merchants that use the software.  I realize that is not very helpful to you, but if you are here looking for Prestashop's help to locate this business, then the forums are likely not the right place. 

I would contact PS support, and perhaps a lawyer who might be able to help subpoena PS in order to get information about this business.  However I doubt that will be helpful.  

How exactly did you pay for this motor?  You stated you transferred money, did you do some kind of wire transfer?

PrestaShop must have some responsibility if it was there fault I paid for something I didn’t get because they left a old site on the net for me to pay for something I could not possibly receive,if I have to involve a lawyer it will get to big and we don’t need that ,a little help from PrestaShop would be sufficient. They must still have names and phone numbers so as to ask to have the money transferred back into my bank account the same way I transferred to there’s. ps sincerely Gary 

Anybody can download prestashop and install it on their own systems. Prestashop is not in control of any of the sites or any of the practices of the site owners. They do not even know all the contact details of people who run prestashop sites. I have downloaded Prestashop and installed it with near a dozen domain names, prestashop would not know any thing at all about any of those websites, or my contact details. As advised, you need to talk to paypal or your card company , or your bank to see if they can help

If you know the same of the wesbite you can try entering it here, depending on how it was registered you may get some contact details as a starting point for the police

https://au.godaddy.com/whois?isc=gofdau41

On 12/26/2017 at 3:06 PM, haylau said:

They do not even know all the contact details of people who run prestashop sites. I have downloaded Prestashop and installed it with near a dozen domain names, prestashop would not know any thing at all about any of those websites, or my contact details.

Unfortunately this is not true information.

They track each install and usage of Prestashop through functions of the back office, so they do know who and where you have it installed.  You can remove all that tracking code, however most people don't.

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, bellini13 said:

Unfortunately this is not true information.

They track each install and usage of Prestashop through functions of the back office, so they do know who and where you have it installed.  You can remove all that tracking code, however most people don't.

@Bellini : please do NOT tell people that I am giving false information. I am not. The information I gave is FACTUALLY correct

1) - My first point: ANYONE can download and install prestashop - FACTUALLY CORRECT!!!!. There are no restrictions (apart from user ability / server configurment to prevent this

2) - My second point: Prestashop is NOT in control of any site, or site practices - FACTUALLY CORRECT !!!!!. Or are you saying that Prestashop can turn off my site? Pehaps they are overwriting my debt? Will refund my customers - no of course not. 

3) - My third point was "They do not even know all the contact details of people who run prestashop sites". Of course they do not know my contact details. I concede it may be possible for them to see "certain" details such as A name, or An email address.But only those that I type in to the system. What exactly would stop me from entering any name and any email address as contacts? Nothing.

I have not worked with the code as I know you do, so I  believe you when you say that there is tracking code. But does that code REALLY pinch all my personal details (well those details that I make up and type in). that would be very alamring in this day and age and I will ask them that very question

4) YOU then tell me I am actually correct because the tracking code can be disabled. Whether most people do not not is irrelavant, the information I gave is still factually correct. 

I think I understand what you mean, that they do track installations, but that does NOT mean they know who every site owner is - or that they have any control of those sites. . Please do not tell me I am factually incorrect unless you can prove it. 

22 hours ago, haylau said:

@Bellini : please do NOT tell people that I am giving false information. I am not. The information I gave is FACTUALLY correct

It is FACTUALLY incorrect.  You said Prestashop cannot track who uses their software, and this could not be any further from the truth.  The can and do track it.  So you are wrong.

Thank you for your input I would appreciate if PrestaShop would come along and say we sent Suzuki outbouding and Blaz consulting a text that Gary would like his out board or money back I would say thanks for trying no problems I would do it for you.