Image of product resets to the first when I change select(or input) value

Evgenii Pavlov

Hi, I am new in Presta!

I ran into a problem, I dont know if it's a bug or not.

When I am working with product`s selectors, like size or quantity, image of product resets to the first when I change select(or input) value.

If you dont understand what I mean, here's the video.

Video: https://youtu.be/qhCa3fE5Zn4

First question: If this is a bug, how should I report it?

Second question: How can I fix this myself? How do I start searching for code that I need to fix and how can this be done?

Thank you in advance! I will be grateful for any useful links

In Prestashop terms size is an "attribute". Changing it will mean that you have a different "product attribute combination". Each product-attribute-combination has its own default image assigned. So choosing a different one will reset your image to the default.

Changing quantity should not change your image.

On 26.12.2017 at 9:45 PM, musicmaster said:

In Prestashop terms size is an "attribute". Changing it will mean that you have a different "product attribute combination". Each product-attribute-combination has its own default image assigned. So choosing a different one will reset your image to the default.

Changing quantity should not change your image.

If you watch the video, you will see that  quantity is changing my image! Same there http://demo.prestashop.com. Is it a bug?

Yes, that looks like a bug.

You can report bugs at forge.prestashop.com. Please be aware that the Prestashop does not monitor the forum. So they won't notice what you write here. You should do some study at the Forge first. Maybe someone else already reported the bug. In that case there is a chance that it has been discussed and that a solution has been proposed.

If I look at the javascript console of my browser I see two Ajax calls from line 1571 of Core.js. My guess is that this is a javascript error so I would start there if you want to debug yourself.

BTW: what Prestashop version are you using.