Products modif not saved after database import

renaud2263

Hi all,

I just installed a new shop (1.7.1) on the server. When I try to modify some example product all is normal.

But as soon as I import a database from another 1.7.1 shop, with true categories, products, customers etc...then I cannot save any change in the products ! I get the message "saved" but in reality nothing happens in the DB. No error message, no JS console error...

Precision: my imported DB is stricly the same structure of the original.

Do you know if there's a specific table with a key or something like that which is in correspondance with a data in a config file ?

Thanks for your help.

The best way to find the reason in this case is debug the code. You should debug in controllers/admin/AdminProductsController.php.

Firstly, you need to check if when you click submit it should go to save product action or not.

Secondly, take a look the posted data if it included your changes.

Hope this help.

Did you copy the keys in parameters,php too? Without the same keys your (and your customer's) passwords won't work.

As Vince said, you should enable development mode. You might also look in the PHP error log. Prestashop uses a lot of Ajax and that often makes it difficult to see an error message.

I have a script for copying business data from one shop to another: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/445453-copy-shopdata-script-for-copying-shop-content-for-upgrade/