Create HTML landing page for multistore

odtherrien

Hi all, 

In our multistore, the user must first choose which store to visit. As of now, we created another store called "landing page", that contains items in the hook "Home" with links to our other stores. The "landing page" store is set to the base url : http://doriclenses.com

Now we would like to use another HTML page as the landing page. This page is now contained in another directory : http://doriclenses.com/home , but not controlled by prestashop. We have tried different things without any success. I think that our problem comes from the fact that the prestashop index.php script must be called first to instantiate the shop via the Dispacher, so for example pointing the base url to the "home" folder does not work, as after that when we click on a link for a multistore, it does not exist (because the Dispatcher was never called). 

Is there a way to achieve that?

I hope it makes sense! Please do not hesitate to ask for more details.

Cheers,

Olivier

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your answer. 

If I want to continue using the PS engine, is there a way to create a static html/css homepage without headers, footers from PS? What I want to achieve is a store selector page, so that the customers land on it, and select which store (handle by the Multistore configuration) to go to.

Best

I still don't have a clue of what you mean.

Do you want to display a couple of products and give the customer the choice where to buy them? Or what?

I suggest that you make a mockup of how the page should look like. It can be something primitive made with ms paint. But then we know at least what this is about.

If you visit our website (www.doriclenses.com) I think that you will better understand. You will land on a page that will allow you to select the store that you want to visit (our company is selling very different products, to very different customer classes so we split the website into 3 stores using the multistore option in PS).

As of now, this landing page is also a PS store with only 3 hooks on the PS homepage. Theses hooks points toward the other PS store. Everything is handle by the PS multistore option.

What we would like do to is to replace this landing page by something static. For now, that page is at (http://doriclenses.com/home/) but I'm not able to make doriclenses.com point toward the static page (index.html) and still keep the other store running. If I bypass the PS index.php, then all the other stores are not initialized and clicking on one of the store icon on the bottom of the page will lead to an error 404.

Thank you again for your patience!

• 1 year later...

The problem is that the multi store sites need the staring prestashop site to initialize from. Taking that away leaves them hanging so to say. 

One solution is to have the static page as your landing page, where you have links to the different multi store sites, but they all have to point back to the existing prestashop start page to get their initialization. This is a bit confusing to explain in text, so behold my awesome painting skills...

LeAwesomePaint.png

When someone go to YourWebsite.com, they are getting to the static page, when the click on a link the go to YourWebsite.com/SubFolder/A (or B or C). I suggest better naming of course, a suitable name could be "home" or something for the "SubFolder". Anyway, my point here is that the original site must remain to initialize the other sites, and thus must remain within the site. This leaves a problem tho. It is possible for anyone to type in the address to YourWebsite.com/SubFolder and end up on the prestashop starting site. But you can just have a small message saying something like "This is not the page you where looking fore, please visit..." and have links to the real start site and shops.

I hope this clears it for anyone trying to do the same thing. 

Edited by Juebec
trying to fix the pic (see edit history)