There is not any customer protection service

angelll

It is absolutely incredible, I had a problem with a seller of modules and I asked him a refund because his module does not work in my online shop. Of course, he said not to the refund, and nobody in Prestashop Addons can help me. Even, they dont have any email or form to make a complain.

Finally, after many searchs, I found a form to contact Prestashop Addons. And which was their answer? They answered that I must use a form to contact the department of payments. But you know, where this form carries me???? It even is funny. The form only is to contact the seller of the module. But I do not want to speak with this scammer again!!!

Well, my money is lost and I am not troubled about this small quantity of money. I am only angry due to the terribly bad, even non-existent, customer attention service from Prestashop Addons. And I will also write here about the seller of the module. Maybe nobody from Prestashop take care of customers. But at least customers will be adviced by me, and also by other many buyers whom suffered a similar problem. You only have to use Google to find them.

I bought the module "Bitcoin HD - Accept bitcoins directly into your wallet" from Community developer.
I bought this module because it says that it is compatible with Prestahop v1.6.0.4 to v1.7.2.4. My version is v1.6.0.9, but the module never worked. The seller never sent any instruction or explanation, only sent to me different versions of his module, but none of them worked. I asked a refund but the seller said that I must update my Prestashop version. I answered that my Prestashop is working perfectly and I will not update it, besides the module must work with v1.6.0.9, as he offers. Finally, the seller asked FTP access to my online shop. I answered that I dont give FTP access to unknown people, and this literally was his answer: "Do not be paranoid, we work with hundred and hundred of customers".

This individual thinks that we are stupid. If we give FTP access to him, we will be always tied to him, and we will never be able to write a complain against him. Or even worst...

Well, I appologize what happened. With this link (on footer of the addons site) you can choose contact with Prestashop Team: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/contact-us -

use: I have a question about addons site -> I have a question on another subject.

For FTP: if developer need it for to debug, than it is so. With cPanel you can set a new temporary FTP user. After work is done, you can delete this access and all will be ok. this means he will not got access to your FTP anymore. The other possibility is to change the password.

If you don't know how to add a new FTP user with cPanel, so ask your provider for support, or search on Google for cPanel tutorials.

BTW: the developer indeed cannot give you a refund, cause the money goes to Prestashop, this means Prestashop earn the money, deduct a fee and than after a time transfer the remaining money to the developer. The money is collected by Prestashop. So developer cannot give you money back. Only Prestashop can do this. Besides transactions are not live. Prestashop collects the money on a developer account. Developer gets his money after a time only.

Thanks for your quick answer. But, as I said, I already used this contact form, and they answered with a link to the same contact form again, which only has standard answers, and finally it asks if my question was answered. When I say not,  it carries me to contact the developer of the module. Absurd stupidly solution.

Where is the help or protection from Prestashop Addons??? Because it only gives standard recorded answers.

About giving to the developer temporary access to my online shop through FTP,  I know very well how to give this access, and I also know how to arrange a debug inside the program, because I also have some programming knowledge. He does not have to enter in my shop, he only has to say where the debug must be done. But, of course, I will not give temporary or definitive access to a scammer, maybe, who could make in my online shop all what he wants.

Edited by angelll (see edit history)

Well. I only want a refund from the developer because his module does not work in my online shop as it promised. However, if the money was collected by the Prestashop team, then you can refund it to me. Sure, you can read all messages that I shared with the developer, and how he answered only with jokes, but not any definitive solution.

If you cannot help me, you can close this topic. As I said to the developer many times, I am tired of wasting my time.

Edited by angelll (see edit history)

As stated before: Developer cannot refund you the money paid. I'm not a Presashop member. I'm only a forum user like you, but with forum moderator rights. I'm not working for Prestashop and also don't have any business relation to/with Prestashop.company. You should contact Prestashop team on the link I wrote on my first post.

Ahhh. sorry, you only are a user of the forum, just like me. Then, why do you know about the debug in my online shop??? because I did not write anything about it, only after your comment. The "debug" is a word said by the developer inside our private messages..

Well, I already know what we can wait from the non-existent attention service. The problem finally is not related the poor developer, who only wants to earn some money... New readers of this post can also imagine what is the real problem.

Sorry, but you are on a community project (open source). Debug is the common word for any user helping here as a community project. Prestashop forum is not only to get information, but you can also be active and work on the software. If I find a bug on the software, so I ask for debug on debug tracker.... This is normal behavior, if you want to help open source software grow and get better. Community is the magic word here. And a forum is to get help from other users and not a particular way for to get personal support.

As I said: If the developer needs access to your FTP for to debug (fix) the problem in your special case (perhaps you are using also other non native modules, i.e. a non native theme), than you should give him the access. If you won't, than it will be difficult to have your special problem fixed. I don't know your special case, but it is nothing unusual to have problems in special cases fixed directly to the server in use.

Contributors on PS addons do have the ability to authorize a refund, Prestashop addons still has to process it.

In this case, the refund should be processed.  If the developer states the module will work with your version of Prestashop, and they cannot get it to work, they should simply refund it.

Now we are seeing only one side to this story, so it is unfair to bash the developer just yet without their side.  its entirely possible that your store has a customization, or something else that is causing the module to fail, and that would not be the developers fault.

Either way, you should continue to contact the developer and request the refund.  Then escalate to Prestashop.  While I am skeptical of Prestashop at times, I know for a fact that they will authorize this refund if what you are saying is true.

25 minutes ago, bellini13 said:

Contributors on PS addons do have the ability to authorize a refund, Prestashop addons still has to process it.

OK, although developer can ask Prestashop for to refund the money to the  user, the first step would be the try for to fix the problem. If user won't give access to fix, so it will be difficult. There is no reason for to get hard and deny access to FTP. In this case the user is refusing help.

As you said, we should be fair to both. To claim money and don't give the developer a chance for to fix the problem, is not the correct way.

At least it is not really a problem of the module, and also not of Prestashop. Each case is a case, each server configuration is different. Each Prestashop is different, due to other modules and themes in use. Sometimes things are not compatible in the whole. I'm confident, that if angelll follow to developers instructions and give him FTP access he will fix the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for me entering this discussion (and for my bad english), but just like angelll I think that Prestashop Addons doesn't give any help to their customers. We ordered and payed two modules 2 years ago, and now that we need them I wanted to download them from my account. The Addons sites tells me that my account doesn't exist. I contacted the customer service via contact module, giving the order number and his date. They told me to check if the order was placed with another account. Since we have two account I checked and found the confirmation emails, so I confirmed the account that ordered the modules and send them the PayPal receipt. They said me that the order was placed with another email address (@yopmail.com) that we don't know. Checking it I found that yopmail is a fake addresses generator, so it's sure that there must have been a security problem and someone stolen our account and changed the address (it sure is a prestashop addons problem, since we didn't have such problems with any other account or service where we use that email address). I also sent the order confirmation emails we received, but from December 13th to today we didn't had any reply. I even replied yesterday and today, but nothing changes.
If I must buy moduled from Prestashop Addons and then loose them, I'll better find them elsewhere, and I will tell it everywhere on the web to not buy modules from Addons.

Edited by SAEM1srl (see edit history)