alert for a certain product puchased

deurer

Hi Community,

i´m in desperate need for an module, wich gives out an alert (email, popup, etc) if a cretain product is bought. This is needed, because some products are held in a different stock and we missed out on some purchases in the past. It can not by stock number, it needs to be triggered every time one of these products in bought.

any recommendations?

thanks in advance

Florian

Hi Florian, I can probably create a module for you.  however can you elaborate on what the module should do exactly? 

how would you configure which products need alerts?

at what point would the alert occur?  When the product is added to the cart?  After the order is created?  After you open the order details page?

This sounds interesting. The alert should be triggered as soon sa someone orders the product e.g. a order is created with the product in the cart (other products might also be inside this cart and should not interfer with the alarm). Currently we have three products wich have this issue. But there might be more in the future. So it should be spossible to select a prduct in the catalogue for this alert.

Best would be an Popupalert in the backoffice, alternatively an email alert is possible.

We need to make shure that the "office guys" realize one of the products is ordered. The stock guys might just ignore the order and nobody can work with this.

Ok, so a module can detect a new order has been created and then react to the contents of the order, so that is ok.  Sending an email is an easy one, the mail alerts module already does that.

As for a popup alert in the back office, assume this would occur when the office guys open the order detail page in the back office?  The module could present a warning on the order details page, or perhaps even a javascript alert box.  I would probably opt for a warning message, as an alert box would be annoying to have to dismiss each time they open the order.

The module could also add a new section/menu to the Product page of the back office Catalog where you could enable/disable the notification option.

If you are interested in pursuing this, contact me via my website and we can discuss an estimate.  I'd ask that you think through your requirements a bit more and once finalize reach out with any revisions.