[Solved] Australian terms translation

Hello,
I am trying to create Australian language pack. It will have stuff like "direct wire" translated into "direct debit", et al.
So I go to Back Office -> Tools -> Languages and try to create Australian English pack. It won't take in because ISO code is 'en-AU' and the Prestashop for some reason takes only two letters as ISO.
What is the reason for such a constraint and how can it be tweaked to have Australian translations in anyway?
thank you in advance,

I'm not sure about the reasoning of the PrestaShop team. I'm just using "en" for Australian English on my site, though if you need to have both Australian and American English on your site, you could use the iso code "au" for Australian English.

PrestaShop actually uses ISO 639-1 codes to identify the languages. This is a 2 letters system and we are aware that it does not allow to represent all the languages.
So, when this is the case, we have to "create" it (like this for the Spanish-Argentine).

In future versions of PrestaShop, this is planned to change that system so that every language will have his own ISO code.

So effectively, as Rocky said, you could create a language with the "au" code. When this language pack is finished, you can also send it to us so that we had it to the download section. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello,

I'm on PS 1.7.5 and have also a problem with Australian language, cause i've created the language (with ISO code AU) but when i go to 'translations' nothing works, either for classical theme or any plugin

What am i supposed to do ?

It is said in this thread that we should 'create' the language pack, but i have no idea how to do that, specially with my theme (wharehouse 4.2) or any plugin.... How can i create one language pack ? What's the procedure, and where should i upload this pack ?

Here on the thread there is au.gzip, but no idea what i should do with that....

Thanks a lot for ur help