[SOLVED] allowed to open external urls is RED

I am installing prestashop 1.3.1 on my prod site and it didn't pass "allowed to open external urls" test (red color). However, I could continue the installation because the "allowed to open external urls" is an optional setting. I have contacted my hosting company but they doesn't know how to fix it. My question is that if I continue the installation, what functions may be effected in my shop and what kind of issues I may have late?
Any comments and sugestions are welcome. Thank you so much!

That's a shame. At least it is no big loss. You can manually change the currency rates and you can subscribe to the PrestaShop blog instead of relying on the "Live PrestaShop Feed".

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It should be in the root directory (public_html or www) of your server. If it isn't, then you will need to create one. Try using the one I posted above. If anything weird happens on your server, simply delete the php.ini to restore your original PHP settings.

• 10 months later...

I am having similar problems too, however, my Installation is freezing on Stage 3 - and yes, the "Allowed to open external URLs" is RED. Does this instance have anything to do my Installation not proceeding to the final stage or is it an isolated problem?

I have attached a screenshot of the error stage here: