How to change the backoffice folder url ?

Hello,

A friend of mine has a small prestashop that she installed and configured herself

The shop has been running for a little while now and she needed some help with the base template

The first thing i noticed is that her backoffice url was simply : "www.shopname.tld/backoffice" whereas prestashop admin section usually has a url that looks like : "www.shopname.tld/admin65412654165"

So my question is : for safety measure, is it safe to change the backoffice folder name from simply "backoffice" to something a little less obvious

If so how should we do it without breaking everything ?
By simply renaming the folder from the ftp ? or is there a safe way to do this ?

Thanks a lot

ps : the shop is running version 1.6.0.11

9 minutes ago, USB83 said:

Hello,

A friend of mine has a small prestashop that she installed and configured herself

The shop has been running for a little while now and she needed some help with the base template

The first thing i noticed is that her backoffice url was simply : "www.shopname.tld/backoffice" whereas prestashop admin section usually has a url that looks like : "www.shopname.tld/admin65412654165"

So my question is : for safety measure, is it safe to change the backoffice folder name from simply "backoffice" to something a little less obvious

If so how should we do it without breaking everything ?
By simply renaming the folder from the ftp ? or is there a safe way to do this ?

Thanks a lot

ps : the shop is running version 1.6.0.11

Hi,

Prestashop automatically renames the directory "admin" to "adminXXX" for security.

ButiIn principle you can change the name of the folder from the FTP or file manager of the hosting without problems. (for example backoffice, administrator, etc.,..)

Sorry for my English,

34 minutes ago, nadie said:

Hi,
Prestashop automatically renames the directory "admin" to "adminXXX" for security.
ButiIn principle you can change the name of the folder from the FTP or file manager of the hosting without problems. (for example backoffice, administrator, etc.,..)
Sorry for my English,

Hello Nadie,
Thank you for your answer.

Yes, in principle Prestashop renames the directory to something like /adminXXXX, so I don't understand how she got the /backoffice directory name.

So you're telling me you think it's ok to change the name to something like adminXXXX without problems, right ?

Thank you again