Apache update from 2.2 to 2.4 - can't access BO anymore

kamppa

Please let me know what changes if any I need to make to .htaccess to gain access to Back Office again.

I have enabled debug mode but no error is shown. Chrome Console shows no error. I don't know how to access Apache error logs but I will ask my host about it.

My host, OVH, changed from Apache 2.2 to 2.4 and I can't access Back Office anymore. I have cleared cookies and cache but I get this error:

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

1) If OVH changed something on server, so they should debug your problem. Use the support option of OVH.

2) If you are on VPS, so you are responsible for your own server configuration. In this case you need to reconfigure the directives on apache ini. For this access via shell the server and recofigure the ini scripts (port, domain, etc) via command line. When you upgrade apache than commonly you also upgrade the php version in use, cause they are in some ways interdependent.

500 error are general server errors. You can read the error logs for to obtain better information about what is missing or not well configured.

Thank you for the reply!

I'm on a shared hosting plan so I contacted OVH about it. I also asked if I can have access to Apache error log because right now I can't find them.

I can't be 100 % sure that the issue is related to the Apache update but the timeline seems to suggest that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

if you have sharing host plan you must have a FTP  to access your files. you can display errors by changing config/defines.inc.php:

line 28 change define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false); to define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

500 internal server errors can be caused by 3 types of problems:

• Permissions: files and folders permissions should be 755
  • .htaccess: save it and delete it or just rename it. It will regenerate when you load a page of your website.
  • Server response time exceeded: maybe you have scripts that take too much time to load and exceed time allowed in PHP configuration. You have to change memory_limit = 128M in PHP.ini or directly in your OVH configuration.