Can't offer free virtual products on 1.7.1.2

molul

I'm using PrestaShop 1.7.1.2. I'd like to offer several free virtual products, so I set their prices to 0€.

I was hoping people could just create an account and grab them, but it works like any other purchase, except it fails at the payment step (I have Paypal set up, and it seems it doesn't work if price is 0€, which actually makes sense as there should be no payment step).

Any suggestion is appreciated. I've been using PrestaShop for a few months, and while I'm a bit familiar with the system, there are many areas I don't know yet, and I wonder if there's some hidden setting for this situation.

I read there was a quick "free" setting for Virtual Product in 1.6. I wonder if this will be available again. 

I'd also be fine with a paid module for this, but couldn't find any.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thank you. I think I had read that topic a few months ago, but forgot about it. This is such a pity. Most digital commerce platforms allow free stuff easily. Now I'm being asked to use a different platform, so it seems I'll have to start from scratch. I wish I hadn't updated to 1.7 -_- Removing the "Free order" module is a huge mistake.