Weird Paypal text - checkout as guest changing to create an account

jackbeanoffendsyou

Hello

I am experiencing some very weird actions on my website. Some customers have been complaining they can't pay with their credit card (they don't have a Paypal account) but claim there is no link to do this. Usually the link is underneath the login button, but when I went to view it on the mobile as I noticed they were al mobile users, the text on the button shows; CREATE AN ACCOUNT when it should say CHECKOUT AS A GUEST.

When the customer clicks on it, it does show the guest checkout where they can then enter their card details and pay, but the text is making them not click on it. When trying to replicate this issue, the text changed from one to the other right in front of my eyes! I did the process several times on my mobile and watched the text show CHECKOUT AS GUEST and then flick to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and I even managed to screenshot the change as proof. What is happening here? I just want it to read checkout as guest so people click it to enter their card details, instead of leaving the site because they think I only accept Paypal users.

I would appreciate any help at all, it is very strange!

Thanks,

Jack

IMG_1338 2.PNG

IMG_1339 2.PNG

• 3 months later...