Reordering of products suddenly stopped working, and other mysterious phenomena...

EverythingsOverpriced

Latest version of PS 1.6x.

Manual reordering of products was working fine in Firefox a few days ago, but not in Chrome. Now it has suddenly stopped working in both browsers. The page says 'Update successful' and there are no JS errors on the page, but when I reload the page the products return to their original order.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

A few days ago the basket rules page had a lot of bugs and has since magically fixed itself. Also all HTML editors suddenly stopped working recently, meaning users had to edit HTML (always a bad idea) and are now suddenly back.

How is it possible that one day something works, the next day it doesn't, and the next day it works again???

Hope someone can help.

Edited by EverythingsOverpriced (see edit history)

So I've been playing around a bit trying to get this working, all I succeeded in doing is making the problem worse.

Just to recap, a few days ago I was successfully able to reorder some products. Then yesterday it I could no longer reorder them, but the order changes I had made earlier were still there.

Today I've tried reordering them and then unpublishing the product that I moved. Then I republished it.

Now the order is saving in the backend when I refresh the page, but the order on products on the front end has gone back to the original order! :angry:

What a nightmare. The number of issues with PS is unbelieveable.