Jump to content
  • 0
tinathegeek

Prestashop 1.7 - No more 1 page checkout

Question

I am deeply dissapointed you removed the one page checkout and called this an upgrade in 1.7 version.  It is a feature that was in all previous versions and now you charge over $100 for the module.  This is an insult at best to your users.  NOT AN UPGRADE.  

In fact all the upgrades in this new version have turned into nightmares as so many plug in's no longer work or have major issues.  The mobile version you cannot remove items from the cart or change the quantity and you cannot do a few other really nice things you could do in past versions. 

You tout the spinning ajax thing as a benefit but it shows up everywhere in back office and is only really annoying. 

I am dissapointed as I have pushed Prestashop in my business for my clients for the last 10 years and now feel like I have failed them trusting your team. 

I am switching away from this product as I am sure many others will if real improvements and better leadership do not kick in soon.  

I am done being nickeled and dimed.  It feels like being ripped off and I won't allow that for my clients. 

Adios Prestashop, Shame on you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
59 minutes ago, tinathegeek said:

I am deeply dissapointed you removed the one page checkout and called this an upgrade in 1.7 version.  It is a feature that was in all previous versions and now you charge over $100 for the module.  This is an insult at best to your users.  NOT AN UPGRADE.  

In fact all the upgrades in this new version have turned into nightmares as so many plug in's no longer work or have major issues.  The mobile version you cannot remove items from the cart or change the quantity and you cannot do a few other really nice things you could do in past versions. 

You tout the spinning ajax thing as a benefit but it shows up everywhere in back office and is only really annoying. 

I am dissapointed as I have pushed Prestashop in my business for my clients for the last 10 years and now feel like I have failed them trusting your team. 

I am switching away from this product as I am sure many others will if real improvements and better leadership do not kick in soon.  

I am done being nickeled and dimed.  It feels like being ripped off and I won't allow that for my clients. 

Adios Prestashop, Shame on you! 

 

Hi!

 

And with which product are you working now?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

In PS v1.6 and previous versions, the was a 1 and 5 page checkout.  For those that did not like the standard 1 page checkout, they purchased a custom OPC module.

In PS v1.7, 5 page checkout was removed, and there is only a 1 page checkout. 

 

To change to a different type of one page checkout has always been via a paid module.  This is no different in PS v1.7

Edited by bellini13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There is no more standard one page checkout option in 1.7.4

I am sorry but you must be just plain incorrect.  There is no option back office to make any changes to checkout at all now.  The option to change it to one page was removed in the new version 1.72 forward.  This in 1.6 which I have another store in does actually work fine and has this option.  Only in the new version1.74 is this the case.  So I do not believe I am seeing things and that you are incorrect.  As I am looking at both on my server, both versions and the differences.  How else would I know this information?   Really.  It was an attempt to sell plug-ins/add ons and it is down right shady nickel and dimeing and not an upgrade a downgrade.  Shame on Prestashop for this decision!  PERIOD! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

In Pestashop 1.7. there is natively only one checkout process integrated and this is OPC (one page checkout). You don't have the possibility for to set 5-steps checkout anymore. I really don't understand the excitement and the problem about OPC mentioned here.

See prints attached. opc1.thumb.png.e12e2c92e9671f7a9ce4cf85a7f72395.pngopc2.thumb.png.fa3f2cfcdae070b39ee5f848f8d486a0.pngopc3.png.a4448ccb0115d54bb88d808d41bf5c85.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 hours ago, tinathegeek said:

There is no more standard one page checkout option in 1.7.4

I am sorry but you must be just plain incorrect.  There is no option back office to make any changes to checkout at all now.  The option to change it to one page was removed in the new version 1.72 forward.  

I never said there was an option.  If you could stop talking and read, you might understand. 

PS v1.7 checkout is a one page checkout, and the 5 page checkout was removed entirely, therefore there is no need for an option.

Now if you do not like the one page checkout included with Prestashop, that is a different store.  But stop complaining, like it or do not like it, but move on.

 

Quote

How else would I know this information?   Really.  It was an attempt to sell plug-ins/add ons and it is down right shady nickel and dimeing and not an upgrade a downgrade.  Shame on Prestashop for this decision!  PERIOD! 

How else would you know?  First there are demos available, you can actually use the demos and test the new version for yourself and see what you like and don't like.

Second PS is free, you can simply install it on your server and test it before blindly upgrading your Production store and then complaining after the fact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
52 minutes ago, bellini13 said:

I never said there was an option.  If you could stop talking and read, you might understand. 

PS v1.7 checkout is a one page checkout, and the 5 page checkout was removed entirely, therefore there is no need for an option.

Now if you do not like the one page checkout included with Prestashop, that is a different store.  But stop complaining, like it or do not like it, but move on.

 

I suppose she refers to a OPC without hidden layers, so you don't need to click a button to fill in the next fields..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 11/22/2017 at 8:31 AM, joseantgv said:

 

I suppose she refers to a OPC without hidden layers, so you don't need to click a button to fill in the next fields..

Prestashop never included that type of one page checkout, it has always been a paid module.  So to complain that it was removed is a pretty dumb argument, and that is what I am trying to educate them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This was not what is in the earlier stores.  If you don't like my opinion that is your choice.  I read.  This used to be an option you would select 5 step or one page.  Now it is not there.  Now there is only the layered checkout.  This change sucks and is not user friendly.  

There are allot of changes to prestashop and the forum, such as the rude behavior of what should be someone minding their own business if they don't have help to offer.  My voicing my frustrations after years of being loyal and having prestashop fail even on install with new versions are valid in my eyes. EPIC fali to the tune of loosing a major client because I stood up for prestashop and it failed after months of work the day before launch.  I spent 4 days without sleep just before Thanksgiving to fix it with custom code.   This is so pathetic.  It used to take max a couple of hours to get support on the forum and always find answers.  Now weeks later stuff is unanswered or answered with your snide ways of insult.  

 

Look Prestashop is doing Microsoft bad behaviors and is releasing beta as production and it is sloppy and your service and support now sucks and people are moving on.  Prestashop once had fans, cult following and I happily led the race. 

I have been loyal and it cost me a major client right before Christmas.  So thanks but no thanks.  Sorry, not sorry for my opinion!  This is not the one page checkout that was there and it was removed in a shady way to make money on plug-ins.  Your hurting financially because you stopped caring.  The only ones helping are those selling modules.  It's just sad.  I am moving on too.  This new store I am doing I just tried a fresh install of Prestashop and it is back office white screen and logo and front office fine.. that's version 1.7.2.4 and it sucks.. this is a fresh install.. no help for days on the forum although I posted.. 

it's bad production release and greed.  PERIOD.  Learn to take this as it is, information on problems that can be solutions and grow from it instead of trying to defend crap!  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, marcelluka said:

She is right. Presta 1.7 checkout is joke, not opc

 

1.7 native opc is 'much better' than previous opc....maybe comparison there before judgement.

if one wants a kick ass opc, then go to addon's....we prefer/use the one written by dev from ColOmbia..

then you have nice opc....lol

you get what you pay for and not having high quality opc module then the shop is not very serious about user experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×